Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Niantic's Ingress to Become an Anime Series on Netflix This Fall - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageNiantic's Ingress to Become an Anime Series on Netflix This Fall - MMORPG.com News

Niantic's original augmented reality game, Ingress, is coming to Netflix as an animated series in October. "Ingress: The Animation" is a collaborative effort between Crafter, an animation studio, art director Takeshi Honda (Neon Genesis Evangelion) and Fuji TV. The anime series will be available worldwide when it makes its debut in the fall.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Gotta say that's not a show I expected to hear about on a Sunday morning. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    This is very cool it is like you're playing a game and then suddenly you also get to watch an anime series about the game you're playing. When I was playing Everquest I would have been so happy to watch an anime on Everquest.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I guess they are hoping it picks up revenue on the mobile game since anime lovers seem to always pick SAO games even though half of them are garbage. But I guess the same can be said about many DBZ games or even superhero games that usually end up being garbage. Even though Batman AK was literally unplayable for pc (admitted by WB no less), it still sold well.
  • thighhighsthighhighs Member UncommonPosts: 32
    im so happy this is an anime news site.
    Panther2103
  • RofusEURofusEU Member UncommonPosts: 58
    This is pretty awesome! I used to love playing Ingress and IMO it was more interesting than Pokémon GO.
  • fatpandafatpanda Member UncommonPosts: 116
    edited July 2018

im so happy this is an anime news site.

Yeah, its not like its game related...
    OrmagodonSBFordPanther2103
  • OrmagodonOrmagodon Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Netfilx will just play anything nowadays.
    RofusEU
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    edited July 2018
    I liked ingres back when I discovered it a few years ago....too bad it's so hard on data. No way to turn off loading portal pictures. Also, I really wanted something I could "farm" at home. Some sort of minigame that you could do to prepare before your next outing.....all in all a very cool idea....just too much data consumption. My phone bill went nuts.
  • WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495
    So wait, this is a show about taking pictures of trash cans and staring at your phone for hours trying to draw lines between your office and your house? Sounds riveting.