Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speaking of Niantic....Pokemon Go Has Generated $1.8 BILLION Since Launch - Pokemon Go - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageSpeaking of Niantic....Pokemon Go Has Generated $1.8 BILLION Since Launch - Pokemon Go - MMORPG.com

Pokemon Go News - According to research site Sensor Tower (via VG247) Niantic's Pokemon Go has generated nearly two BILLION dollars in revenue since launching in July 2016. What's interesting is that Pokemon Go's revenue is up $800M since January alone, nearly doubling the amount earned in the preceding 18 months. Sensor Tower estimates that worldwide daily revenue generated is in the vicinity of $2M per day.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    Could have been so much more if Niantic had any clue on how to relate on social media. There are politicians with a more active presence.
    Mensur
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    So much and they haven't even broken into China yet.

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Never played. What is there to spend money on in the game?
    --------------------------------------------
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,514

Vasel said:

Could have been so much more if Niantic had any clue on how to relate on social media. There are politicians with a more active presence.

Word!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Never played. What is there to spend money on in the game?
    Rare candies, things to hatch eggs faster, etc
    Wellspring

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    The only interaction i have witnessed is very odd.
    The kids of fellow workers seem to scoff at the game,that is young teenagers,what i have seen first hand are adults,like 30/40/50 year olds standing in the middle of a sidewalk and huddled around their cell phones for what seemed like an hour or so,maybe longer.
    The odd time i see adults with a couple younger kids but overall i have seen much older people more so than younger,i guess must be the cell phone addiction people seem to have.
    Asm0deus

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Wizardry said:
    The kids of fellow workers seem to scoff at the game,that is young teenagers,what i have seen first hand are adults,like 30/40/50 year olds standing in the middle of a sidewalk and huddled around their cell phones for what seemed like an hour or so,maybe longer.
    The odd time i see adults with a couple younger kids but overall i have seen much older people more so than younger,i guess must be the cell phone addiction people seem to have.
    How do you know that they're playing Pokemon Go?
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    With the integration to the new pokemon game, no doubt it'll get another big surge soon.
    MadFrenchiewingood

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Wizardry said:
    I'd assume he heard them talking about it. "Man i hope I get a shiny in the next 40 minutes or else i'm gonna have to call it quits before i gotta go pick up my kid from school" stuff like that.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    Our location data worth a lot of money :)
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    edited July 2018
    they earned 2 Billion in 3 years, fuck, what a life John Hanke will have.

So What Now?

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Is there still a very active player base for this game?  I kind of wish I'd tried it back when it was a craze.
  • HikaruShidouHikaruShidou Member UncommonPosts: 163
    edited July 2018
    The difference between a suburban and urban area turned me away from this :( It hurts to see people in cities with a poke stop on every corner and myself living in a residential suburban area, my nearest one is 2 miles away.
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674

Wizardry said:

It's getting less common to see players around, but in the bigger cities around plaza's and monuments etc, there are a lot of PoGo players walking around those areas, watching their phones connected to power banks.

When it released, I had one of the greatest summers in my life. So many people outside and everyone with a shared interest.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Is there still a very active player base for this game?  I kind of wish I'd tried it back when it was a craze.
    Considering they made more money since the first of the year than the previous 18 months someone is playing (and paying) the heck out of it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• thighhighsthighhighs Member UncommonPosts: 32
    could someone explain how this is an mmo? is it because you can stand around with other people playing? is it because the only online portion is the pokemon capturing part and the basic combat battles? is there even trading? multi battles? fun events in game to do with your avatars?