Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

July 18th Marks the Next Phase of AA's Fresh Start - ArcheAge - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Sephiroso said:
    Scot said:
    Dvora said:
    Fix Archeage to-do list:

1.  Add sub only servers
    2.  Remove cash shop
    2.  Remove labor system
    3.  Remove rediculous RNG based gear enhancement.
          a. Add real drops to replace upgraded gear.
    4.  Redo and rebalance combat.
    5.  Remove boring end game content such as  -
         a.  Grinding for multiple currencies for weapons.
         b.  Shitty end game dungeons like the library and most others.
    6.  Add good dungeons.
    7.  Limit housing per account.
    8.  Add planting and gathering macros.
    9.  Make trade routes more profitable.
    7.  Memory wipe the gamer population

Fixed, easy peezy.

How about taking that list and at least applying 1, 2 and 7 to every new MMO coming out....thanks devs. :)
    Sub only servers is called P2P. No cash shop usually(keyword) goes hand in hand with P2P games.

7 wouldn't have helped AA. It was f2p, people simply would have made other accounts to own more housing plots.
    Indeed, no such list can be a one size fits all, the real issue is that the list is way too long, there should not be this many issues for new MMOs coming out.
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    Sephiroso said:
    Scot said:
    Dvora said:
    Fix Archeage to-do list:

1.  Add sub only servers
    2.  Remove cash shop
    2.  Remove labor system
    6.  Add good dungeons.

Fixed, easy peezy.

How about taking that list and at least applying 1, 2 and 7 to every new MMO coming out....thanks devs. :)
    Sub only servers is called P2P. No cash shop usually(keyword) goes hand in hand with P2P games.

7 wouldn't have helped AA. It was f2p, people simply would have made other accounts to own more housing plots.
    Sadly no cash shop is not always hand in hand with sub/p2p games.  They still want to sell you cosmetics that you EARNED in oldschool games.

7 - if its p2p with sub, it's not F2p.  This list is an all or none.  If none then this game can rot in hell imo.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Dvora said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Scot said:
    Dvora said:
    Fix Archeage to-do list:

1.  Add sub only servers
    2.  Remove cash shop
    2.  Remove labor system
    6.  Add good dungeons.

Fixed, easy peezy.

Sadly no cash shop is not always hand in hand with sub/p2p games.  They still want to sell you cosmetics that you EARNED in oldschool games.

7 - if its p2p with sub, it's not F2p.  This list is an all or none.  If none then this game can rot in hell imo.
    Hey, i did say "usually" and not always :p But i do see your point on the list being all or none, that makes sense.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2018
    Sephiroso said:
    Dvora said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Scot said:
    Dvora said:
    Fix Archeage to-do list:

1.  Add sub only servers
    2.  Remove cash shop
    2.  Remove labor system
    6.  Add good dungeons.

Fixed, easy peezy.

Hey, i did say "usually" and not always :p But i do see your point on the list being all or none, that makes sense.
    P2P only titles that I'm aware of currently, all have a cosmetic cash shop and have had one for at least 5 years, so honestly your "usually" can really only apply to before that time, unless you know of more p2p titles within that time frame that are still p2p and do not have a cash shop of any sort. I'm all ears if you do.
    Albatroes said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Dvora said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Scot said:
    Dvora said:
    Fix Archeage to-do list:

1.  Add sub only servers
    2.  Remove cash shop
    2.  Remove labor system
    6.  Add good dungeons.

Fixed, easy peezy.

P2P only titles that I'm aware of currently, all have a cosmetic cash shop and have had one for at least 5 years, so honestly your "usually" can really only apply to before that time, unless you know of more p2p titles within that time frame that are still p2p and do not have a cash shop of any sort. I'm all ears if you do.
    When i think of cash shop, i think of buying keys for chests, enhancement scrolls/stones, gems for gear, costumes, character slots, profession slots, features that should be in the base game but for some reason you have to buy from cash shop.

WoW has none of that. Literally all you can buy is pets, mounts(which account for less than like 10% of the total pets/mounts the game has). And lvl 110 boosts in preperation for the new expansion. There's literal hundreds of mounts/pets you can obtain all in game, there's no content or basic game features(like inventory space) locked behind an additional paywall.

So yes, P2P titles have adopted cosmetic only cash shops but no one bitches about cosmetic only cash shops(so long as they don't make in-game gear look like trash to try to force people to buy stuff in the cash shop). People bitch about the cash shops like i described above.

edited July 2018
    Sephiroso said:
    Albatroes said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Dvora said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Scot said:
    Dvora said:
    Fix Archeage to-do list:

1.  Add sub only servers
    2.  Remove cash shop
    2.  Remove labor system
    6.  Add good dungeons.

Fixed, easy peezy.

When i think of cash shop, i think of buying keys for chests, enhancement scrolls/stones, gems for gear, costumes, character slots, profession slots, features that should be in the base game but for some reason you have to buy from cash shop.

WoW has none of that. Literally all you can buy is pets, mounts(which account for less than like 10% of the total pets/mounts the game has). And lvl 110 boosts in preperation for the new expansion. There's literal hundreds of mounts/pets you can obtain all in game, there's no content or basic game features(like inventory space) locked behind an additional paywall.

So yes, P2P titles have adopted cosmetic only cash shops but no one bitches about cosmetic only cash shops(so long as they don't make in-game gear look like trash to try to force people to buy stuff in the cash shop). People bitch about the cash shops like i described above.
    You're trying to create exclusions for a general source though. Pets/mounts are okay with you but costumes are not, while many will view them as the same thing in regards to being "purely cosmetic." This does also depend on the game. For example, pets in wow aren't "purely cosmetic" simply because they can be a decent way to level up a character in comparison to long drawn out questing. A pet battle in a particular area generally rewards the same amount of exp per battle in a quest given area. Certainly there are tons of pets in the game for free; however, there are those locked behind exclusives like if you buy one product, you get something in other games (like the monkey pet from OW I'm forgetting the name of him). Costumes in most games have 0 in game influence (again depending on the game, FFXIV has an exp boost outfit that gives you 50% more exp when used under level 50, I think its the chinese outfit).

My point is, adding exclusions only broadens the base depending on who you ask, thus resulting in so many opinions that nothing can be done, simply because the option exists. Ugly in-game mounts/pets/costumes will always be subjective. I find the mythic raid mount from antorus horrid but someone else might like it, and someone else might not like the crystal pegasus mount in the cash shop but I might like it. So unless you're going to tackle things as a whole, there can be no true solution if your judgment is based on personal taste. Something objective would be, is there ANYWAY this cash shop item can influence anything in the game in any degree. For wow, pets can through pet battles and some costumes from FFXIV's cash shop can.

As for my personal opinion on things in general, I'm with you in regards to things I dont like to see in a cash shop except for pets/mounts/costumes. Character slots will always depend and I've been used to them being an "additional" service since I played FFXI for nearly a decade in the past; however, inventory should ALWAYS be relegated to some form of ingame method. Should it be the only method? Maybe not; however, if you can have a max of 80 spaces, that should be it regardless of how you get it. Again, no one mutters a word that FFXIV lets you RENT extra inventory spaces and auction house slots for real money even though its a p2p game.
    Albatroes said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Albatroes said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Dvora said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Scot said:
    Dvora said:
    Fix Archeage to-do list:

1.  Add sub only servers
    2.  Remove cash shop
    2.  Remove labor system
    6.  Add good dungeons.

Fixed, easy peezy.

You're trying to create exclusions for a general source though. Pets/mounts are okay with you but costumes are not, while many will view them as the same thing in regards to being "purely cosmetic." This does also depend on the game. For example, pets in wow aren't "purely cosmetic" simply because they can be a decent way to level up a character in comparison to long drawn out questing. A pet battle in a particular area generally rewards the same amount of exp per battle in a quest given area. Certainly there are tons of pets in the game for free; however, there are those locked behind exclusives like if you buy one product, you get something in other games (like the monkey pet from OW I'm forgetting the name of him). Costumes in most games have 0 in game influence (again depending on the game, FFXIV has an exp boost outfit that gives you 50% more exp when used under level 50, I think its the chinese outfit).

My point is, adding exclusions only broadens the base depending on who you ask, thus resulting in so many opinions that nothing can be done, simply because the option exists. Ugly in-game mounts/pets/costumes will always be subjective. I find the mythic raid mount from antorus horrid but someone else might like it, and someone else might not like the crystal pegasus mount in the cash shop but I might like it. So unless you're going to tackle things as a whole, there can be no true solution if your judgment is based on personal taste. Something objective would be, is there ANYWAY this cash shop item can influence anything in the game in any degree. For wow, pets can through pet battles and some costumes from FFXIV's cash shop can.
    Pet's in wow aren't purely cosmetic, but if you actually played the game, you'd know none of the pets in the cash shop are overpowered or broken to the point that you have to have them to complete a pet tournament or w/e.

Pet leveling is not a decent way to level up a character lol. The fact that you even said so just proves you don't actually play the game.

Sephiroso said:
    Albatroes said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Albatroes said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Dvora said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Scot said:
    Dvora said:
    Fix Archeage to-do list:

1.  Add sub only servers
    2.  Remove cash shop
    2.  Remove labor system
    6.  Add good dungeons.

Fixed, easy peezy.

Pet's in wow aren't purely cosmetic, but if you actually played the game, you'd know none of the pets in the cash shop are overpowered or broken to the point that you have to have them to complete a pet tournament or w/e.

Pet leveling is not a decent way to level up a character lol. The fact that you even said so just proves you don't actually play the game.
    You're missing my point in regards to your first comment. My point is the option is there, regardless if it was or not. Its like people get bent out of shape over exp boosts or even going back to what you mentioned before, level boosts. Everyone ends up reaching the same point when it comes to exp in a game like wow or FFXIV but everyone has a different opinion simply because the option is there for real money.

As far as pet battles not being a better option to level depends on the class. For example, a shadow priest tends to level slower than a fury warrior for most people. In draenor, doing pet battles awards you the exact same amount of exp as find treasure or completing a quest, this much I know for a fact after leveling up a lightforged draenei recently. Plus pet battling is something you can do in usually a controlled area without having to run all over the place like a quest might have you do while you're in a queue for a dungeon. Again, more beneficial for some, but of course not for all.
    Albatroes said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Albatroes said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Albatroes said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Dvora said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Scot said:
    Dvora said:
    Fix Archeage to-do list:

1.  Add sub only servers
    2.  Remove cash shop
    2.  Remove labor system
    6.  Add good dungeons.

Fixed, easy peezy.

You're missing my point in regards to your first comment. My point is the option is there, regardless if it was or not. Its like people get bent out of shape over exp boosts or even going back to what you mentioned before, level boosts. Everyone ends up reaching the same point when it comes to exp in a game like wow or FFXIV but everyone has a different opinion simply because the option is there for real money.

As far as pet battles not being a better option to level depends on the class. For example, a shadow priest tends to level slower than a fury warrior for most people. In draenor, doing pet battles awards you the exact same amount of exp as find treasure or completing a quest, this much I know for a fact after leveling up a lightforged draenei recently. Plus pet battling is something you can do in usually a controlled area without having to run all over the place like a quest might have you do while you're in a queue for a dungeon. Again, more beneficial for some, but of course not for all.
    Sorry but no, doesn't matter what class/spec you are, nothing comes close to running dungeons. It's literally not even a contest. There is no "opinions" to be made, it's defacto dungeons > all else if we're talking about efficiency. Maybe a FEW areas here and there with shit dungeons in the rounds but thats few and far between.

As for me missing your point, you missed mine in the first place. Show me the masses complaining about Blizzard's cash shop like people complain about BDO's or MapleStory's or ArcheAge's. You can't. Because you know there's a clear freaking difference between the two.

• Riotact007Riotact007 Member UncommonPosts: 246

Dvora said:

Fix Archeage to-do list:

1.  Add sub only servers
    2.  Remove cash shop
    2.  Remove labor system
    6.  Add good dungeons.

Fixed, easy peezy.

if only! AA would have been amazing and I'd probably still be playing...
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986

Dvora said:

Fix Archeage to-do list:

1.  Add sub only servers
    2.  Remove cash shop
    2.  Remove labor system
    6.  Add good dungeons.

Fixed, easy peezy.

if only! AA would have been amazing and I'd probably still be playing...
    Indeed, but if indie proves worse than that we are back to square one.