Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A cookie for Raptr. com on a forum thread link here causes Chrome to block access to the thread.

GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
edited July 2018 in Help Desk
As of 0120 7 July the following link gives me a red Google warning that Raptr .com has been recently compromised with phishing attempts,  https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7352153/#Comment_7352153   .   In the Chrome browser there is a redirect to the last thread post.  The warning URL shows as   https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/469492/finally-got-a-house-in-ffxiv#latest.  It also shows the HTTPS portion as crossed out . 

Your thread page is blocked in Chrome because there is a Raptr. com cookie on it.  That is where I got the following Raptr cookie information from.  

Name   __cfduid
Content  d43aecfdf6811a3518f5440474b16eaa91527857235
Domain  .raptr. com
Path       /
Send for   Any kind of connection
Created   Friday, June 1, 2018 at 7:47:19 AM
Expires    Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 7:47:19 AM

This warning shows when using the link directly or attempting to open it in another google tab.  

Raptr. com was shut down in 2017 by their own choice.   Attempting to reach the Raptr. com site through Chrome give the above warning.  The Raptr. com website can be reached through Internet Explorer.

ERROR SOURCE FOUND BELOW

EDIT  The source of the Raptr .com cookie is a Raptr Gamecard that is being repeatedly posted by member starstorm777.  It is also reposted by anyone who quotes this member.    I do not believe this is malicious.  

I'm not quoting any of the Original Source lines that display that gamecard information because of it's potential for creating errors.
"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
Post edited by Grunty on
[Deleted User]

Comments

• mmoloummolou Member UncommonPosts: 256
    exactly the same for me
    TheScavenger
    It is a funny world we live in.
    We had Empires run by Emperors, we had Kingdoms run by Kings, now we have Countries...
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited July 2018
    mmolou said:
    exactly the same for me
    Found the problem source and updated my post.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    edited July 2018
    @Wizardry ; This how you report an error.  No conspiracy theories. No FUD. No drama.
    Dakeru
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited July 2018

Here's a ss same happened to me just now.

Link: https://ibb.co/f1E7p8

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Are you still seeing this issue?
  • MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    I've removed the raptr gamecard from the user's post.  It will take some time before Google recrawls the thread and clears the notice.

Thank you for the great report leading to a quick fix!
    Dakeru[Deleted User]laserit

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

edited July 2018
    Here's another member account with a Raptr.com gamecard that prevents direct access to your web page through the Chrome browser:  https://forums.mmorpg.com/profile/TaishiFox

Edit: forgot to add the MMORPG.com web page this happened on. 

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/474942/next-trailer-previews-multiplayer-space-fleets-much-more-no-mans-sky-game-trailer#latest
    Post edited by Grunty on
    [Deleted User]
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    I started getting this error to early this month or last month

Did raptr get hacked or something? Or taken over by a bot/spam company? I remember using it years ago and it seemed legit. or was raptr always fake and it just wasn't as well known? If so, I'm glad I stopped using raptr if it allowed the program to put viruses/trojans onto peoples PC.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

I started getting this error to early this month or last month

Did raptr get hacked or something? Or taken over by a bot/spam company? I remember using it years ago and it seemed legit. or was raptr always fake and it just wasn't as well known? If so, I'm glad I stopped using raptr if it allowed the program to put viruses/trojans onto peoples PC.
    There is no conspiracy by the former owners of the raptr .com ip address to infect your system with viruses or trojans.  The entity known as Raptr that used the raptr .com website and it's associated IP address ceased operations in 2017 as I stated in my first post.  You can go to that IP address and find that out for yourself. 

Google says that IP address and that URL for Raptr .com is being used in phishing attempts.  Phishing is not viruses or trojans.  Phishing can be used to inject your PC with such.  Raptr, which no longer exists, is not doing the phishing.  
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Just ran into the issue myself this morning. The thread is the one about the Bard's Tale IV this time.

Same Google warning about Raptr.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Rhoklaw said:
    And it seems we have another Raptr attack...

I was trying to view a comment I made on the following thread and this popped up when I tried to open it.

This is the thread...

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7369059/#Comment_7369059

I am getting that now trying to open the thread "Coming back for the Battle" Warcraft sub forum.
  • MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    Thank you for the report guys.  I've removed the raptr link from the users signature.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    I am still getting it on that Back for the Battle thread. I shutdown google and cleared cache/cookies and still get it.