Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neowiz Team to Tackle Optimization and Hacking - Bless - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageNeowiz Team to Tackle Optimization and Hacking - Bless - MMORPG.com

Bless News - The weekly Bless Online Producer's Letter has been published that reveals that the team is pleased with the deployment of the latest patch over the July 4th holiday. In addition, it is revealed that developers are working on a pair of core issues with regard to the game: Optimization and Hacking.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Havent they been takling optimization and hacking for 6 years now , I mean for the fan base i hope they can , but .. wtf .. Maybe they need to hire some more competent coders
    Rhygartharmageddonx911LaviotaRich84wingoodPhrySweetusMikotoMisakachocolate42069Sabracand 5 others.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Scorchien said:

Havent they been takling optimization and hacking for 6 years now , I mean for the fan base i hope they can , but .. wtf .. Maybe they need to hire some more competent coders

Yeah, I couldn't stop laughing when I read this. They obviously need someone else to do their PR too since that's all their letters really are to the public. "We're trying really hard to fix stuff that's been known about....for years in our other versions.....we never thought it would be in the NA/EU client....that wouldn't make sense at all....especially after encouraging the community to alter their ini files to increase performance......cause altering game files in cheating....."
    ScorchienRhygarthWaanRich84Phrychocolate42069Sabrac[Deleted User]Life2vThahar
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I fucking hate cheaters. Gaming would be so much better if wasn't for that giant group of social bacteria.
    RhygarthMrMelGibsonitchmonSovrathchocolate42069[Deleted User]infomatzThahar
  • MidPrincessMidPrincess Member UncommonPosts: 89
    This thing is a dumpster fire but you'd think that would have been apparent to anyone who was paying attention the past few years as it failed repeatedly in active markets lmao
    RhygarthPowerlessThahar
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Dauzqul said:

I fucking hate cheaters. Gaming would be so much better if wasn't for that giant group of social bacteria.

It's so obnoxious how rampant cheating is. Plus there's no real benefit to it other than making yourself feel better about sucking at something.
    MrMelGibsonAalamr[Deleted User]Rain_DeathravenThahar
  • RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    what I read from the dev's "please don't leave this sinking ship"
    [Deleted User]
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Me thinks they should have done that BEFORE launching the game.
    tomahawk1930NildenRich84wingoodchocolate42069Sabrac[Deleted User]ApridiseThahar

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• MrdGamezMrdGamez Member UncommonPosts: 58
    From all the games that I bought in the past 15y this one was the biggest FAIL buy ever!
    Sweetus[Deleted User]Life2vRain_DeathravenThahar
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I'm sure the 4500 peak hour participants will appreciate if/when it ever happens.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • tiberistiberis Member UncommonPosts: 3
    This game is hot garbage if they cant get it right after all these years they never will.
    Life2vPowerless
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

MrdGamez said:

From all the games that I bought in the past 15y this one was the biggest FAIL buy ever!

I guess you are lucky then. I personally bought Destiny 2 and honestly I'd feel less pain being stabbed than knowing that I paid for that crap game :P
  • AlvonuAlvonu Member UncommonPosts: 34
    This trash couldn't even be on par with Wildstar and we all know how that's going.
    NildencaganLife2vThahar
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

Dauzqul said:

It's so obnoxious how rampant cheating is. Plus there's no real benefit to it other than making yourself feel better about sucking at something.
    What do you mean no benefit? There's plenty of benefits to cheating. I understand your frustration towards cheaters, but let's not act like they get no benefit from cheating.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• WaanWaan Member UncommonPosts: 105
    I'm just so happy I withstood the hype and didn't buy into this crap.
    caganLife2vinfomatzThahar
  • jtckline3jtckline3 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    This company only bann hackers and dupers temporarily and they get to keep the duped items. Hopeless but hackers should play this game.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    When the hell will these moronic devs learn if you release a POS game thatt's it, its over you do NOT get a second chance. Gamers are nomads, gypsies. locusts even, we consume and move on to the next green pasture. If you do not give us a COMPLETE QUALITY game AT RELEASE, it is game over you are done.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    psiic said:
    When the hell will these moronic devs learn if you release a POS game thatt's it, its over you do NOT get a second chance. Gamers are nomads, gypsies. locusts even, we consume and move on to the next green pasture. If you do not give us a COMPLETE QUALITY game AT RELEASE, it is game over you are done.
    Technically this is their 3rd(4th?) chance. Plenty of games re-release themselves though. Do they succeed? not always. Asta/ELOA re-released and shut down at least twice last year (with ELOA changing their name and planning to re-release again sometime this year). People keep talking about FFXIV ARR (and even trying to put Bless' failures in the same league) but forget that SE has a name that's spanned around 3 decades in the gaming industry. Trying to compare that to some no name like Neowiz is moronic for even having the thought. One thing I have noticed recently as this "news" for Bless has been going on every week is that the knights in white for the game have started to disappear or post less. I wonder....
  • xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Honestly, they need to just shut the game down. fix the optimization, get rid of hacks, fix quests, add content, performance, balance classes then possibly relaunch. If it stays the way it is now it will either go F2P in a month or be shutdown for good.

I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    psiic said:
    The only game to really buck that trend was FFXIV 1.0 and the time and effort SE put into it to turn the game around with FFXIV:ARR was significant if not herculean, i don't think Neowiz is capable of that kind of feat, though honestly i am not sure many development teams are. :/
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Phry said:
    psiic said:
    The only game to really buck that trend was FFXIV 1.0 and the time and effort SE put into it to turn the game around with FFXIV:ARR was significant if not herculean, i don't think Neowiz is capable of that kind of feat, though honestly i am not sure many development teams are. :/
    You cannot compare a franchise like Final Fantasy simply because Squarenix has a lot of pride in that franchise and they were not going to let it fail even if they had to throw double the amount of money to fix it. I think they knew the large fan base of the Final Fantasy  would be very disappointed and they worked to make it right.
    PhrypetersnowzSabracLife2vinfomatzwingoodThahar
    Chamber of Chains
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768

cheyane said:

Phry said:

psiic said:

You cannot compare a franchise like Final Fantasy simply because Squarenix has a lot of pride in that franchise and they were not going to let it fail even if they had to throw double the amount of money to fix it. I think they knew the large fan base of the Final Fantasy  would be very disappointed and they worked to make it right.

The difference is that Final Fantasy they completely revamp the codes, the pretty much scrubbed almost everything and start from scratch, they even fired the head of development. Bless is just trying to find needle in the haystack, it's not easy to find what went wrong in multitudes of codes for optimizing especially when they couldn't find it in 5 years. How are they going to fix it in a month, before the player dwindle to nothing? I played other games like swtor the original lightsaber bug after throwing is still there since launch despite multiple patches. I think bless will have the same optimization problems despite "We are trying our best"
  • azizarnoldazizarnold Member CommonPosts: 1
    The game has potential and will succeed if they fix these bugs as they have been. I havent played much but do get the patch updates on steam almost every few days and seeing as its in early access I think they are doing a good job. Keep it up guys and all these haters will become promoters.
    Life2v
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    edited July 2018

Dauzqul said:

don't put all blame on cheaters for fucking horrible un-optimized game these guys made lol
    Viper482
  • AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    I've heard run-of-the-mill gossip lately that the DHS requires reporting of all forms of hacking in both social media and online gaming. Seems the government will finally deal with the undesirables.
  • cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
    in other news, the number of players are getting close to 3k down from 33k!
    Gratz to Bless Online team! Your lvl of incompetence reached a new record! I hope you can fix the hacking and cheating in your 6 year old game with your few remaining players...
    Life2v