Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next DLC Heading to Aquilonia + Exiles is the Fastest Selling Funcom Game Ever - Conan Exiles - MMOR

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageNext DLC Heading to Aquilonia + Exiles is the Fastest Selling Funcom Game Ever - Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

Conan Exiles News - The Conan Exiles site has been updated with the news that a second DLC pack will be out in August. This time, the DLC will be thematically based on the western kingdom of Aquilonia, "where Conan himself is destined to one day lead a rebellion and become king". Called "Jewel of the West", the pack will contain new housing items and building materials, warpaints and 15 armor pieces.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited July 2018
    "Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph." It seems in Conan the Rogue that John Maddock Roberts was talking in 1991 directly to sandbox survival MMO players. :)
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Talk about an early access game that is on the path of success.
    SBFordHatefullJeffSpicoliAlomarpantaro
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Well maybe. I have been playing since early access and it's actually gotten worse.

The amount of bugs is starting to make the game unplayable. Hey new content is great, but when old content is not working properly, or at all, then perhaps it's a good idea to hold off on the new stuff (which will invariably lead to a new crop of bugs) and fix what we have.

Items needed in game just disappearing, Thralls becoming unusable, purge does not work, decay timers do not work properly, buildings disappear yet thralls and tools remain floating in the air for weeks, etc. It's pretty broken right now (at least on my server, 1703 Official) so it is very hard to get excited about new content (that you have to buy even though they advertised free DLC) when the current content is just broken and appears to be getting worse, not better.
    pantaro

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    I’ve now stopped playing because of all the issues. Agree with @Hatefull. I’m sure this other DLC was already in the pipeline, or it could have been intended as part of the full game. Maybe at some point they will adjust their roadmap and deal with all the issues before their player base dies out.
    Kyleran

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

Hatefull said:

Well maybe. I have been playing since early access and it's actually gotten worse.

The amount of bugs is starting to make the game unplayable. Hey new content is great, but when old content is not working properly, or at all, then perhaps it's a good idea to hold off on the new stuff (which will invariably lead to a new crop of bugs) and fix what we have.

Items needed in game just disappearing, Thralls becoming unusable, purge does not work, decay timers do not work properly, buildings disappear yet thralls and tools remain floating in the air for weeks, etc. It's pretty broken right now (at least on my server, 1703 Official) so it is very hard to get excited about new content (that you have to buy even though they advertised free DLC) when the current content is just broken and appears to be getting worse, not better.

I feel like this genre as a whole is bug ridden and maybe I'm to casual of a player but they don't seem to bother me or take away from my enjoyment in game. Its probably the wrong attitude to have but I would be fine with new DLC coming before any if the things you mentioned. Again I'm a casual mostly solo player in these kind of games so I'm sure the bugs don't affect or bother me as much
    AlomarHatefull
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Aquilonia totally sounds like a woman Prince would've dated, so she must be hot!

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• odysseus033odysseus033 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Too bad most players will have quit by then, after waiting for months for this 500+ bug patch and having it pushed back another month so funcom staff can go on vacation .
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Torval said:
    Scot said:
    "Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph." It seems in Conan the Rogue that John Maddock Roberts was talking in 1991 directly to sandbox survival MMO players. :)
    Actually that is Howard's core philosophy that drove his pulp fiction including Conan. Lovecraft embraced civilization as a savior to humanity, Howard had the opposite opinion. He felt civilization led to the corruption of man and fostered our worst traits.
    Ahhh now all you have done is make me wonder why their MMOs were not huge successes, both AoC and TSW (ok I know just Lovecraft influence) their literary works so deserve it. Of course I do not think a proper Lovecraft MMO would ever work, "lets go grind 20 more Deep Ones for level 3" is hardly the right atmosphere.

From what you have said though, Lovecraft would have preferred a themepark we are all in it together MMO. :)

They are a lesson for life and these boards in fact, you can hold diametrically opposed views and still be friends as they were.
    [Deleted User]Hatefull
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    game wont even launch anymore. Steam tells me i have to download a bunch of files, but when i do the game crashes on launch and its back to needing a bunch of files.....broken pos.
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    I never used to like or play survival games, but I've already got 600 hours out of this one. We've become bored with the cosmetic only post-launch direction though as we;ve exhausted all the game's content and dominated the #1worldwide pvp server based on population for a month. So we'll take a break and return in August for what looks to be a very cool addition, I always loved Aquilonia due to it's Greco-Roman vibe.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • TakodanTakodan Member UncommonPosts: 161
    New cosmetics is good and all but after two DLC's -- how about som actual content like new areas to explore, new enemies, dungeons or what not?
    Hatefull
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Ummm...where are the mounts they promised?
    Hatefull[Deleted User]
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    mounts are out they said it causes issues with terrain or something. The 500 bug fix patch came out yesterday but it ended up causing even worse bugs in the game with players being stuck in foundations and thralls falling to their deaths from higher foundations. The forums there are pretty much in a complete uproar with the typical funcom response of we are sorry..its honestly getting to be their only response as they blunder patch after patch.
    [Deleted User]
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    People were in an uproar because they were delaying the patch until august to make it better, they released it yesterday to please them, people uproar again.

So uhm, yea....

• argos5argos5 Member UncommonPosts: 219
    Oh c'mon, everyone! You should realize now that Funcom is notorious for putting out a stream content, at the expense of having a buggy game. Age of Conan and The Secret World were both like this. Sure, they pleased those who wanted more content, but the performance issues and bugs present in their game have always been a deterrent. Its become a company issue, because they prioritize new stuff, versus fixing things.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    cronius77 said:
    mounts are out they said it causes issues with terrain or something. The 500 bug fix patch came out yesterday but it ended up causing even worse bugs in the game with players being stuck in foundations and thralls falling to their deaths from higher foundations. The forums there are pretty much in a complete uproar with the typical funcom response of we are sorry..its honestly getting to be their only response as they blunder patch after patch.
    Exactly. Ergo my post about not being excited for new content when they can't even get current content working properly. Really sucks but I am on my way out of the game right now. I can't find a reason to play when my stuff disappears constantly, my Thralls become unusable, etc etc.

When the 500 bug fix creates 1000 bugs you're doing it wrong.
    [Deleted User]argos5

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.