Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

July 18th Marks the Next Phase of AA's Fresh Start - ArcheAge - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageJuly 18th Marks the Next Phase of AA's Fresh Start - ArcheAge - MMORPG.com

ArcheAge News - On July 186th, ArcheAge Fresh Start players will be primed for the next big update to the game. In Reign: Part 1, players will find the Dwarven and Warborn races added, and a new level cap to 55. The new races will feature their new starting areas and quest chains throughout the Airain Rock, Aubre Cradle and the Sunbite Wilds zones.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    The new races will feature their new starting areas and quest chains throughout the Airain Rock
    "balanced gameplay elements between free-to-play and paid players"

Methinks it too little too late for these features considering they crapped their pants when the game launched. Seriously, you should have listened to the beta players like me instead of to the greedy players that don't ever stay with a game like this for long.
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    edited July 2018
    Fix Archeage to-do list:

1.  Add sub only servers
    2.  Remove cash shop
    2.  Remove labor system
    3.  Remove rediculous RNG based gear enhancement.
          a. Add real drops to replace upgraded gear.
    4.  Redo and rebalance combat.
    5.  Remove boring end game content such as  -
         a.  Grinding for multiple currencies for weapons.
         b.  Shitty end game dungeons like the library and most others.
    6.  Add good dungeons.
    7.  Limit housing per account.
    8.  Add planting and gathering macros.
    9.  Make trade routes more profitable.
    7.  Memory wipe the gamer population

Fixed, easy peezy.
    DeadSpockReaperman69KefoPhryexile01ShaihubyScotmarganculosViper482alkarionlogand 1 other.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    More like people stopped playing on FS and went back to legacy, so Trion is getting ready to merge FS into the main pool after 2-3 more months, followed by another FS scam 6 months after that. GG
  • ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825
    This game had so many problems at launch....
    They should have done what Square-Enix did...
    Shut down their servers, and completely rebuild/fix their game.
    itchmon

Shinami said:

This game had so many problems at launch....

They should have done what Square-Enix did...

Shut down their servers, and completely rebuild/fix their game.

There's nothing really wrong with the game from a technical aspect. The game didn't do well because of monetization. Alot of the things Dvora mentioned would've made the game pretty good, even if people didn't like open world pvp since there's a crap ton of stuff to do in AA that doesn't involve fighting other people. However, Trion tries to blame XL for cash shop decisions which is honestly a joke, especially since the latest fresh start had stuff in the build that they "promised" days before launching wouldn't be there. Greed killed AA, plan and simple. Fresh start is just a way for the ones already playing to take advantage of those thinking its a "second" chance and help Trion squeeze what they can from those suckers before starting the process again a year later. Unfortunately, people that had "faith" in the game will more than likely buy into Trion's words every year just to quit 1-2 months after.
  • ShrikeGShrikeG Member CommonPosts: 2
    This game was amazing as an alpha and beta player. Their model then was elite. Hands down best game throughout those phases, unfortunately upon launch they introduced P2W and ruined it. Easiest fix, remove the cash shop items except for cosmetic items. Would be back
    Viper482itchmonThupli
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    They killed the game when they patched to introduce the cash shop in beta. I remember the huge outcry on the servers and forums asking for a rollback but quick money wins over long term gains.

I honestly think this game would have been a great game if it wasn't for Trion's greed. They swore up and down that they would have control over the cash shop for this localization but as soon as the backlash hit they started shifting the blame to XL games. The rampant hacks and abuse of in game systems didn't help either especially since Trion would "ban" accounts and you'd see them back online the next day.

Seriously do most of what Dvora has suggested and I'll throw my money at the screen.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    edited July 2018

The new races will feature their new starting areas and quest chains throughout the Airain Rock

Methinks it too little too late for these features considering they crapped their pants when the game launched. Seriously, you should have listened to the beta players like me instead of to the greedy players that don't ever stay with a game like this for long.

The funny thing is, you paid 200 USD for a f2p game- wich has the most mindnumbing lvling experience from the past 3 years. I hope you guys learned your lesson: Never buy a f2p game that failed in other regions.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Why can't they just add subscription only servers? It just boggles my  mind why they won't.
    itchmonThupli
    Chamber of Chains
    edited July 2018
    cheyane said:
    Why can't they just add subscription only servers? It just boggles my  mind why they won't.
    Given that they can't even manage 2 separate fresh start servers proper (NA/EU). Realistically, they do have to rely on XL for certain conversions in order for the game to be a p2p title given that some things are tied to how XL codes the game and not just how Trion implements certain features over a period of time. The entire game, regardless of region is honestly build around the cash shop when you get to its core. Also keep in mind that the whales will honestly still be the ones footing the bill for most of AA's finances. Couple that with Trion more than likely already being financially tight, its just not realistic especially since they'd have to pay XL more for the extra work if XL agreed.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Could have been a great game. Is in some aspects.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    ShrikeG said:
    This game was amazing as an alpha and beta player. Their model then was elite. Hands down best game throughout those phases, unfortunately upon launch they introduced P2W and ruined it. Easiest fix, remove the cash shop items except for cosmetic items. Would be back
    Welcome to the boards.

Did not get into AA, but my impressions from the side lines rather matches yours.
    ShrikeG
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited July 2018
    Dvora said:
    Fix Archeage to-do list:

1.  Add sub only servers
    2.  Remove cash shop
    2.  Remove labor system
    6.  Add good dungeons.

Fixed, easy peezy.

How about taking that list and at least applying 1, 2 and 7 to every new MMO coming out....thanks devs. :)
    ThupliMadFrenchie
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    DMKano said:
    cheyane said:

They cant without XL since the game would need to have some code tweaks to support subscription only.

More than likely its not up to Trion and they have very little actual control over anything that affects the cash shop, without XLGames express permission etc. removal of the cash shop, or even just slightly modifying it, is completely out of the question, i doubt that XLGames is even interested in having a version of their game being P2P only, it would likely threaten cash shop profits and i don't see XLGames being on board for that at all  ;)
    Scorchien
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Phry said:
    DMKano said:
    cheyane said:

They cant without XL since the game would need to have some code tweaks to support subscription only.

More than likely its not up to Trion and they have very little actual control over anything that affects the cash shop, without XLGames express permission etc. removal of the cash shop, or even just slightly modifying it, is completely out of the question, i doubt that XLGames is even interested in having a version of their game being P2P only, it would likely threaten cash shop profits and i don't see XLGames being on board for that at all  ;)
      And ill add , a big part of the problem , is they have painted themsleves into a corner , so to say , If they were to get a sub only server , the Whales which have caried and supported the game would be left alone on there P2W servers , you dont want unhappy whales leaving your game, there are people who have spent 100ks of $ on this game .. Yes ..

The same problem reared its head in Rift prime and why they have forced tranfers to the live server , and not its own stand alone Sub Server permenatley , because most of the pop would move to it leaving the whales very lonly and pissed that there is noone to play with ..
    Thupli
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Dvora said:

Fix Archeage to-do list:

1.  Add sub only servers
    2.  Remove cash shop
    2.  Remove labor system
    6.  Add good dungeons.

Fixed, easy peezy.

I would be back in a heartbeat. It is so sad what they did to this once great game (alpha). This was the best time I had in an MMO since the first gen early years.
    Thupli
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Best mmorpg ever released imo.
    Had huge amount of fun special in naval combat.
    Then the game was changing patch after patch becoming something i didnt like so much.

I survive playing the game with only the sub and learn to not allow the P2W aspect of the game interfear with my "fun" and sometimes wasnt easy but possible with a nice group of people

It was after the guild dominions that i start to lose interest on game slowlly.

But what really ruin it imho was this fresh start servers, just dont make any sense in my head.

Hope more games like archeage release next years without some archeage mistakes (mistakes in my opinion ofc)
  • ShrikeGShrikeG Member CommonPosts: 2

Scot said:

ShrikeG said:

Welcome to the boards.

Did not get into AA, but my impressions from the side lines rather matches yours.

Thanks ledge!

Yes, my community members and I often speak of those great days but they are gone for now, we can only dream they fix it!
    ScotThupli
  • lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    edited July 2018
    They just change the gearing system of AA, similar happen to diablo 3 changing the gear because it is very p2w before. But those new gear in fresh start server it is low drop rate, so those other player from fresh start go back to legacy server because it is higher drop rate. If the Tier 3 hiram gear release I believe they can catch up legacy player. I play this game almost 4 years, but I have only full set of ayanad gear. I can't make erenor gear because no material and it so expensive. They can catch up to my gear score because hiram tier 3 is higher than ayanad gear so p2w gear is not worth anymore. Jake Song want Archeage to be F2p with optional subscription and good for casual player also. Because people have different opinion and a lot of people can't afford subs only.
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Ow.. ANOTHER AA start in EU/US. Surely that wont end the same way the other 2 did
    Maybe in time they will break the records Bless online has with failed retries
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    DMKano said:
    cheyane said:

It's a pity because I believe the game would be better for it.
    Chamber of Chains
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Scot said:
    Dvora said:
    Fix Archeage to-do list:

1.  Add sub only servers
    2.  Remove cash shop
    2.  Remove labor system
    6.  Add good dungeons.

Fixed, easy peezy.

How about taking that list and at least applying 1, 2 and 7 to every new MMO coming out....thanks devs. :)
    Sub only servers is called P2P. No cash shop usually(keyword) goes hand in hand with P2P games.

7 wouldn't have helped AA. It was f2p, people simply would have made other accounts to own more housing plots.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    If they would make a sub only server (whether it starts at current or it progresses like the FS servers do) i would plop down a 1 year sub in the blink of an eye. I doubt im alone.
    Thupli

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• doodler222doodler222 Member UncommonPosts: 112

exile01 said:

The funny thing is, you paid 200 USD for a f2p game- wich has the most mindnumbing lvling experience from the past 3 years. I hope you guys learned your lesson: Never buy a f2p game that failed in other regions.

I pay my monthly fee so I have labor and am able to have a home, but that's it. There are many more PvE lands than PvP, so I PvE and farm. I can make 2k in a day w/o doing much more than growing vegetables and flowers for packs. I also run packs.

The part I love is the building. I've managed to craft my own car (the Comet) and grew / created most of the items myself.

The irony is that anything I want from the cash shop, someone will be selling later on the Auction House, including the very nice items in the 3 Tiers - of "cool stuff". Bought the current phoenix pet from it when it was being saturated and forced the price down, same as the blue pegasus.

The community is pretty cool (Vengenance server) and all in all there are just too many things to do or decide to do.

I don't grind - really never did the quests once I got to level 12. Just made tax certs and that leveled me. Got noob gear from game, and I'm happy.

Been killed 1 time in year + I've been here and killed 1 person (they took my pack after killing me).

Soon they redo the pack exchanges and I'm already growing and cutting the veggies, flowers and even got some cows out there for the meat.

Made my own clipper (sail boat), speed boat, wagons, bigger wagons, raised my own horses and donkeys (for riding) and battle pets.

Love the game - love how you can swap classes when you want.