Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained - The Beta Ganks Back - MMORPG.com

Comments

• WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451

DrunkWolf said:

So, when does it come out?

Alot sooner that Star Citizen, that i can guarantee.
    Chrome67mcd6993sschrupp
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176

looks like a garbage

It really doesn't tho. I've played the alpha at 1440p on a 1080ti. The game looks way better than any screenshot or video you're looking at and it will improve when they release 64bit client. I too thought it looked like shit until I actually got in the game.
    JamesGoblinMrMelGibsontweedledumb99
  • Chrome67Chrome67 Member UncommonPosts: 2

Scot said:

I was offering a 4 to 1 odds against bet that it would launch, no one placed one though. What are you US guys doing on here anyway? Shouldn't you be marching in a parade somewhere or something like that? :)

You silly foreigners, 4th of July isn't about parades, it's about legally handing your kids a bundle of miniature explosive devices and telling them to go nuts while the adults gorge themselves on burgers, ice cream, and Budweiser!

'Murica!
    mcd6993sschruppMrMelGibson
  • mcd6993mcd6993 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    A journalist saying something positive about the USA . Well done , sir.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I am betting my $100 backer purchase on day 1 that this will release. Might not be what I want or when I want, but it will. The only way they will lose backers at this point is if they completely shift gears on us.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • killswitch80killswitch80 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    These comments just show why Community driven MMORPGS will fail. TOXic and more toxic
  • BahutBahut Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Hopefully the community won’t be a bunch’s cliquey wannabe l33t douchebags that infested DAOC.
    JamesGoblin
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Bahut said:
    Hopefully the community won’t be a bunch’s cliquey wannabe l33t douchebags that infested DAOC.
    Hmm, I had a really good experience in DAoC when it launched, and for about a year, with both friends and enemies.
    TacticalZombehMadFrenchie[Deleted User]ScotScorchientweedledumb99
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Bahut said:
    Hmm, I had a really good experience in DAoC when it launched, and for about a year, with both friends and enemies.
    Maybe he means the community more recently?

• chibbers210chibbers210 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Jesus Christ Tim eisen take some good damn Adderall. Your articles are like reading an ADHD kid's journal. We don't need to know every fuckin side thought through your head. I honestly have never hated anyone's writing as much as yours. I avoid even beginning to read an article that says "by tim eisen"
    JamesGoblinPanther2103
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Jesus Christ Tim eisen take some good damn Adderall. Your articles are like reading an ADHD kid's journal. We don't need to know every fuckin side thought through your head. I honestly have never hated anyone's writing as much as yours. I avoid even beginning to read an article that says "by tim eisen"
    Yet....here you are.....

Go figure.
    JamesGoblinsschruppMrMelGibsonMadFrenchieMarcus-tweedledumb99

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• hadatihadati Member UncommonPosts: 28
    I played DAoC (Hib Gawaine).
    When smooth HD footage is shown of PvP that impresses me, I’ll definitely become a lifetime backer. I’ve just been burned too many times by games that either never come out or are rubbish and the current footage doesn’t even look as good as WoW’s Alterac Valley in 2005 or GW2 from a decade ago. I realize they are building their own engine and everything and I really want to see the game succeed but trust is earned and all I’ve seen so far are beta delays and excuses.
    MightyUnclean

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

• jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Sadly I don't think this game is ever going to be a success.

Its already old and dated and its not even launched yet.  Its been in development for so long that by the time it does release (if ever) then its not going to be revolutionary when you compare it to games that are coming out like Ashes, New World, Project TL, etc.

It's a shame because this should have been a good game, but its past its prime.

It's not so much that its a has-been but more a never will be.  
    JamesGoblinMrMelGibson
  • NanulakNanulak Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Just like the movies, the hero keeps getting beat.. then in the end we all get what we paid for. A huge success with the Hero winning big. The End

Nanulak

• advokat666advokat666 Member UncommonPosts: 93
    edited July 2018

Chaserz said:

So disappointing that someone trivializes the U.S.A.'s independence and the sacrifices that were lost to get there so you have the freedom today to live life as you choose here. MMORPG.com, report the news and opinions relevant to your site. Skip the historical idiocies please.

Omg lol this one is so cute. You really think that you are free in amurica do you ^^
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I'm sure our Four Fathers were inspired in large part by the Roman Republic's three branches of government (for two branches at least...ha), and we were doing great until politicians found a way to make a career out of governing and muddied the waters....

But anyway, IMHO, PvE with a good group of people = Masterpiece Theatre & PvP of any kind usually tends to = Mystery Science Theater 3000. :p
    [Deleted User]

What, me worry?

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    TimEisen said:

Nanulak said:

Just like the movies, the hero keeps getting beat.. then in the end we all get what we paid for. A huge success with the Hero winning big. The End

DAOC was MJs new hope. War his Empire. CU his Return, ideally, minus Ewoks-Replace them with wookies!
    Another one...Tim's changed his avatar now, how do you guys expect us to spot your posts?? :)
    [Deleted User]
  • redonyouredonyou Member UncommonPosts: 33
    jahlon said:

Its already old and dated and its not even launched yet.  Its been in development for so long that by the time it does release (if ever) then its not going to be revolutionary when you compare it to games that are coming out like Ashes, New World, Project TL, etc.

I'm not arguing the game can't possibly fail, but your arguments for why it will are weak. None of the games you mentioned are even projected to be the same type of game as CU.

Their primary design goal is to support large scale battles  (hundreds of players on screen) without having performance go to shit. That requires some trade offs when it comes to graphics quality vs performance.

What you see in alpha footage isn't the final version; that's why it's called alpha. They literally built their own engine and are still actively developing art assets for the game. Even once finished, it might not look as pretty as some other games, but unless those games also outperform it in large scale battles, that hardly makes the game outdated.

It may never reach half the subscription numbers of WoW in its prime, but it doesn't have to. My primary concern for the game's success is can they create enough variety in the game play to keep things from quickly getting stale, not whether it's as pretty as another game from a different genre.
    [Deleted User]
  • shawn01shawn01 Member UncommonPosts: 166

Chaserz said:

So disappointing that someone trivializes the U.S.A.'s independence and the sacrifices that were lost to get there so you have the freedom today to live life as you choose here. MMORPG.com, report the news and opinions relevant to your site. Skip the historical idiocies please.

Omg lol this one is so cute. You really think that you are free in amurica do you ^^

More free than people living in China or North Korea, or England, where they no longer even have free speach.

But of course you are correct. We are free to do what the bureaucrats and corrupt deep state allows us to do.

We are slaves as long as we pay income taxes.

But this is about the game. And the reality is that there is such a dearth of good games, they could take 5 more years and if its as good as daoc its gonna be a huge success.

No one upon actual release is going to NOT play because a few beta dates were missed.
    Also i found the line about a bunch of rich guys sick of being unfailry taxed fairly disrespectful too, but at least he didnt go on and on about social justice bull which i could almost feel coming.
    MadFrenchie

Gutlard said:

I'm sure our Four Fathers were inspired in large part by the Roman Republic's three branches of government (for two branches at least...ha), and we were doing great until politicians found a way to make a career out of governing and muddied the waters....

But anyway, IMHO, PvE with a good group of people = Masterpiece Theatre & PvP of any kind usually tends to = Mystery Science Theater 3000. :p

Perhaps you have only played open world pvp where pve and pvp are mixed. Getting ganked while trying to level up is awful pvp.

Camelot will not be like that. Here is a game like daoc, that when you step into the frontier its all about pvp.

That makes a massive difference in the gameplay.

Once you experience some good PVP gameplay you are never going to want to doing mindless boring pve again.

Ive been playing mmo's since doac came out in 2001 and there have been only a couple of games that did pvp well. Dark age did it best. Warhammer not as well but good. And planetside2 is also great with the 3 faction pvp.

If you havent played those games, then probably you havent experienced well designed pvp. WoW pvp and guildwars2 pvp and black desert pvp, ESO pvp, all trash.

Mark Jacobs may not know how to keep a deadline, (never met a dev who did) but he for sure knows how to create some awesome pvp.

You wont experience anything as exciting and difficult and rewarding as running 8 man groups in a mark jacobs made game. Epic stuff.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    shawn01 said:

Chaserz said:

More free than people living in China or North Korea, or England, where they no longer even have free speach.

No free "speach" like in China, North Korea, England (lol). 

You remind me of this:

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited July 2018
    redonyou said:
    jahlon said:

I'm not arguing the game can't possibly fail, but your arguments for why it will are weak. None of the games you mentioned are even projected to be the same type of game as CU.

Their primary design goal is to support large scale battles  (hundreds of players on screen) without having performance go to shit. That requires some trade offs when it comes to graphics quality vs performance.

What you see in alpha footage isn't the final version; that's why it's called alpha. They literally built their own engine and are still actively developing art assets for the game. Even once finished, it might not look as pretty as some other games, but unless those games also outperform it in large scale battles, that hardly makes the game outdated.

It may never reach half the subscription numbers of WoW in its prime, but it doesn't have to. My primary concern for the game's success is can they create enough variety in the game play to keep things from quickly getting stale, not whether it's as pretty as another game from a different genre.
    I'm guessing if they get and retain 1/20th of WOWs numbers there will be wild celebrations in the streets of Fairfax.

Retain is the key, as being a sub only game they'll live and die by it.

When a freeshard of DAOC was stood up early last year as many as 4K logged on to play the old school RVR experience.

Despite the owners delivering a high quality, authentic version 1.69 experience, the population rapidly drained away.

A lot of theories discussed on their forums about why people left, but its generally agreed a lack of change going forward was a big negative for many players. 

There are other factors of course, but I don't think players ever want a totally static experience.  

The trick is how to best deliver new content without pulling a TOA / New Frontiers like happened in DAOC which helped drive away many players.

But first things first, they need to deliver a quality base game right from the start, there will be no forgiveness even from the most loyal fans if this doesn't happen.
    JamesGoblinMendel

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290

looks like a garbage

What a contribution, wow. 12/10.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    time007 said:
    the playerbase for this game is more mature, so i think they will be fine.
    Yes I am very mature. I have learned to move on. No feelings. No regrets. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung