Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

July 4th live stream by MJ - test showing 350+ pvp battle

KinringKinring Member UncommonPosts: 104
Skip to about 44:00 for the battle. 

JamesGoblin[Deleted User]RhomsGyva02

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Engine has been proven for mass combat at this point. The interesting development from this point on is the addition of all systems and fleshing out of the game. I hope that part moves along quickly as planned.
    JamesGoblin[Deleted User]

You stay sassy!

• KinringKinring Member UncommonPosts: 104
    BTW it says July 3 on the video but it was earlier today (July 4)

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Pretty amazing. The one PvP game I will consider playing.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    edited July 2018
    It looks fun, let's get er done!

edit: honestly, I'm more excited about this game now than a year or so ago. Looks great.
    MadFrenchie[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    The render distance in the game is fantastic! No popins here!

JamesGoblinCotic

• CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Looking very promising.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited July 2018
    Looks promising , but very limited on the  skill animations , particle effects etc.. So that helps alot  with the performance ..

But overall shaping up nice and looks fun ..

• redolentjunkredolentjunk Member CommonPosts: 2
    edited July 2018
    Great rendering distance, but the graphic settings were low quality.  Most of us play our games with our graphics maxed.  If that was maxed graphics they are poor quality compared to what else is out there.  I'm still going to play it, but i'm not expecting 90+ fps maxed.  Most can't tell the difference between 60 fps and 90 fps with a keen eye.  I'm curious if you'd stutter much more with higher settings.
    JamesGoblinsome-clueless-guyYashaX
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Realm Royale seems to have more complex combat than this.
  • MagikrorriMMagikrorriM Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Utinni said:
    Realm Royale seems to have more complex combat than this.
    Guess you didn't read about the combat? But those are premade characters, ability crafting is not in the tests yet.
    JamesGoblin
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Pretty damn impressive.  It'll be the first of its kind.  I'm very excited for this one!
    I will agree only if its more than just a PS2 esque 3 way ring around the rosey endless pvp match that has a subscription fee.
    I can get that free after initial purchase of M&B Warband, just not 3 way. And Bannerlord is coming up and will have large ring around the rosey pvp matches, esp when mods come out.

If this was a buy to play title aka GW2 I would already have donated but I am going to have to see if theres more to it than pvp to pay an initial box price and to have to monthly sub to it as well.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Happily surprised by the quality of animation going on there, everything moves beautifully. I am curious about system specs though so if anyone could shed some light on that.

Backed during KS and in no hurry, lets see where this goes.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    MadFrenchieJamesGoblin
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    It doesn't seem to be rendering that much. Like projectiles/particles seemed to be culled aggressively or people just weren't using a whole lot of things. So you could see people far, but it seems like you couldn't see much in terms of what they were doing or whatever.

At the very least they're not running into the common korean mmo issue where you drop to 10FPS everytime there's 50 people on screen and have to cull every other people models/particles/nameplates to try to get it to a decent number(generally 20-25).

Kinda have to wait some more to see what's up, but still seemed pretty solid.

JamesGoblin
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Asheram said:
    Pretty damn impressive.  It'll be the first of its kind.  I'm very excited for this one!
    I will agree only if its more than just a PS2 esque 3 way ring around the rosey endless pvp match that has a subscription fee.
    I can get that free after initial purchase of M&B Warband, just not 3 way. And Bannerlord is coming up and will have large ring around the rosey pvp matches, esp when mods come out.

If this was a buy to play title aka GW2 I would already have donated but I am going to have to see if theres more to it than pvp to pay an initial box price and to have to monthly sub to it as well.
    Mount & Blade has 350 person PvP battles with a decent framerate?  Dang, I need to check that out.
    Warband had 200 player seige battles when it was populated with no tab targeting and could run on a potato pc.

I am hoping Bannerlord does even more.

You didnt reply to PS2 comment though which is what this game sounds like but has a sub to play it.
    "PlanetSide 2 holds the Guinness World Record for the biggest first-person shooter battle, with over 1158 players being recorded in a single battle."
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Ppiper said:
    Time to buy a new rig
    Nah,  you have at least 1.5 to 2 years until it launches, you are better off holding up on the upgrades.

ScotJamesGoblinYashaXtweedledumb99

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Where are all the posters telling us it will never launch? And wasn't this the one where posters were telling us only 50 people in a battle?

Ages to launch yet, but looking good.
    sgelJamesGoblin
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Scot said:

Ages to launch yet, but looking good.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Game looks awesome but still has a way to go.
    JamesGoblinScot

..Cake..

Asheram said:

It is a pure pvp game. There will be crafter dedicated classes but otherwise its pure pvp. There will not be mob grinding in this game. Mobs wont help you advance in your character. The only way to advance is to participate in the war effort (pvp). Mobs will only exist to drop craft materials for the crafter classes.

I'd say this is probably not the game for you if you don't want pure pvp.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    edited July 2018
    lahnmir said:
    Happily surprised by the quality of animation going on there, everything moves beautifully. I am curious about system specs though so if anyone could shed some light on that.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I also think the animations have come a long way from last year.  From what I see in videos though, it looks to me that CF is far closer to a finished game.

For example when i watch a CF video I am seeing actual gameplay and combat that looks fleshed out and interesting/fun; the recent CU videos showcase an engine that can handle lots of people on screen, but what little actual gameplay is shown doesn't look engaging. 

The pessimist in me is just seeing an engine, meaning they have only just got to square one and still have the job of building an actual game ahead of them. How many years is that going to take and will it even be fun to play?
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    YashaX said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I also think the animations have come a long way from last year.  From what I see in videos though, it looks to me that CF is far closer to a finished game.

For example when i watch a CF video I am seeing actual gameplay and combat that looks fleshed out and interesting/fun; the recent CU videos showcase an engine that can handle lots of people on screen, but what little actual gameplay is shown doesn't look engaging. 

The pessimist in me is just seeing an engine, meaning they have only just got to square one and still have the job of building an actual game ahead of them. How many years is that going to take and will it even be fun to play?
    I agree. But that isn't really fair since I've been playing CF for well over a year and I've only seen videos of CU.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer