Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained - The Beta Ganks Back - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageCamelot Unchained - The Beta Ganks Back - MMORPG.com

With Beta being missed for the third time, our own Tim Eisen takes a look at what landing it upon the fourth try means, for better or worse.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    the playerbase for this game is more mature, so i think they will be fine.
    JamesGoblinSovrathAlomarBahutTacticalZombehAgent_Joseph

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • Rain_DeathravenRain_Deathraven Member UncommonPosts: 87

time007 said:

PvP and mature? are you sure?
    Chrome67XarkoHarikenSlyLoKCelciusSabrac3domNyghthowlerMightyUncleanViper482and 11 others.
  • BloodDiimondBloodDiimond Member UncommonPosts: 26
    (The empire did nothing wrong..) Oh good God I hope I read that wrong or that was just a joke!! Research brother and then research current 1776 movement! Q
    Chrome67Strizzy12Lasterba
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    I was offering a 4 to 1 odds against bet that it would launch, no one placed one though. What are you US guys doing on here anyway? Shouldn't you be marching in a parade somewhere or something like that? :)
  • LordkrallLordkrall Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I personally doubt that the game will ever actually be released. They are already YEARS late on the first BETA. Highly unlikely that they will ever reach live.
    AlomarViper482Syphin_BAgent_JosephMrMelGibsonNordicApache
  • BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    They're probably looking at the current market for open world pvp and rethinking their strategy. ;)
    SpottyGekkoKyleranJeroKane
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

time007 said:

PvP and mature? are you sure?

meh people are not mature, all people who looks like mature is just that looks, so kinda of a moot point
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • MagikrorriMMagikrorriM Member UncommonPosts: 223
    edited July 2018
    Live streaming now.
  • Chrome67Chrome67 Member UncommonPosts: 2

They're probably looking at the current market for open world pvp and rethinking their strategy. ;)

great, that means it'll be "Fortnite in Camelot" by next week
    ZorlofeJeroKaneMrMelGibson
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    geez... what happened?

Sz :)
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    edited July 2018
    It's just bug fixes and testing they need to squeeze off (quote "Client Crash Rate is TOO DAMN High" in developer chant lol). Is a matter of weeks and days. Technically beta 1 players can still test during this period but not in an official beta 1 release candidate. As stated in the Q&A: this is daily beta testing of the beta 1 candidate. Sooo, sort of beta anyway. Mark streamed actual game play which hasn't been done and showed 375 players in close combat @ 95 fps during a quick test.

Yes, the game is going to be released. Honestly people, if you do not follow the game closely and understand the exact position the company and game is currently in ... just keep your trap shut, don't type lies and disseminate conjecture.

I know defaulting to negative stance and wild guessing as fact is today's "cool" but at least try, just try to make an attempt at educated statements. You may even come off as a semi-intelligent human for once.
    Post edited by Tamanous on
    JamesGoblinAlomaritchmonMadFrenchieMarcus-TigsKCinfomatzwinghaven1MrMelGibsonNordicApacheand 1 other.

You stay sassy!

• malkovichmalkovich Member UncommonPosts: 18
    i believe the word you are looking for is morale.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    time007 said:
    LOL pvp and mature. I really get a kick on how pvper's see themselves.
    Alomar
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014

Scot said:

I was offering a 4 to 1 odds against bet that it would launch, no one placed one though. What are you US guys doing on here anyway? Shouldn't you be marching in a parade somewhere or something like that? :)

I'm doing a bit of cleaning and then going to see Incredibles 2. I think that's pretty patriotic right? RIGHT!?!?!?!?
    ScotMendelMrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317
    So disappointing that someone trivializes the U.S.A.'s independence and the sacrifices that were lost to get there so you have the freedom today to live life as you choose here. MMORPG.com, report the news and opinions relevant to your site. Skip the historical idiocies please.
    [Deleted User]petersnowzMadFrenchiemcd6993Asch126Rich84infomatzSixpaxMrMelGibson
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014

Hariken said:

time007 said:

I've encountered ridiculously horrid immature people in pve games, a lot in Lord of the Rings Online as that is sort of my pve game I've spent the most time in.

I also adore pvp. I do agree that there are ridiculously horrid immature people in pvp games.

So I think the reality is that "there are just ridiculously horrid people all around and you can find them in numerous places."
    AlomarMarcus-[Deleted User]TacticalZombehMrMelGibsontweedledumb99
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

Hariken said:

time007 said:

Eve has the oldest average player base in an mmo and its open pvp.

Or did you mean the other definition of maturity :)
    [Deleted User]Chrome67TacticalZombeh

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

Scot said:

You silly foreigners, 4th of July isn't about parades, it's about legally handing your kids a bundle of miniature explosive devices and telling them to go nuts while the adults gorge themselves on burgers, ice cream, and Budweiser!
    [Deleted User]JamesGoblinAlpiusTacticalZombehinfomatzGobstopper3DMrMelGibsontweedledumb99

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    ive just logged off from the CU. what did i miss?
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Chaserz said:

So disappointing that someone trivializes the U.S.A.'s independence and the sacrifices that were lost to get there so you have the freedom today to live life as you choose here. MMORPG.com, report the news and opinions relevant to your site. Skip the historical idiocies please.

Yeah because you are CLEARLY a historical scholar. Gotta love faux-patriotism presenting itself as nationalism.
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    So, when does it come out?
  • CeridanCeridan Member UncommonPosts: 31

TimEisen said:

Chaserz said:

I think you need to reread what I said. Im not sure how saying its the best holiday in the known Universe (for me it is), that the founders forged a template for all republics (they did), and ending on how epic George Washington was (infinitely) is trivializing it! Not to mention that I chose to start and end about America being born. I dont think about the 4th, I feel the fourth. Its within me.

If you didnt like the taxes comment then I suggest reading some primary sources, it was a rebellion started literally because of the insane and unfair taxes the King was forcing on our founders. That includes Washingtons letters. Nothing upset him more than those rediculous taxes and the arrogance of the King.

I wanted to add I love the Thanksgiving to Christmas season but nothing can compare to the 24 hours of patriotism and Muricaness that the 4th brings out of us!

This is the greatest article in the universe. For those who don't visit MMORPG.com often, The Beta Ganks Back was written yesterday by some rich Millennial who was tired of playing Alpha. But now, after years of suffering setbacks the waiting for Beta is now comming to an end. What a great read, truly.
  • frangoazulfrangoazul Member UncommonPosts: 31
    looks like a garbage
  • MagikrorriMMagikrorriM Member UncommonPosts: 223
    edited July 2018
    looks like a garbage
    Glad you won't be playing it, go back to getting ripped off by Korean MMO garbage.
    Sixpax
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    How long before they change the direction of the game, like every other Kickstarter MMO?

B A T T L E  R O Y A A A A A L L E!!!!!!!!
    Chrome67JamesGoblin[Deleted User]ScotNordicApachetweedledumb99