Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Ark guides and info videos

stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
edited July 2018 in Lost Ark
I thought I would post a few videos I found about the game that some people might find useful.

CC & Stats video

Main Currencies video

Ability stones video

Medal Quests guide

Cube Dungeon guide

Classes explained / overview

Collectibles guide

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Post edited by stayontarget on

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Lost Ark would be the mainstream ARPG if it came to the west, the game is big, a large feature-set that is well implemented within the game, very good bets taken at the cinematic dungeons and so, if open beta in KR is really this year what is already considered soft-launch, maybe the west will see this in 2020 as CN is planned for 2019.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited July 2018
    DMKano said:
    Its not all roses sadly, having played Lost Ark recently i wasnt blown away by any means.

The game is more WoW at heart and less arpg like PoE or Grim Dawn, which was expected but still disappointing.

The questing is terribly boring, the combat is sluggish and slower paced than it should be.

The world is huge, the mobs are varied, the zones are unique with varied tilesets..
     thats all fine.

the gameplay is just really mediocre and frankly boring.

at least that was my impressions after a couple of weeks.

i donr think the game would last long in the west, it would suffer the same fate as eloa, devillian etc... eventhough it is the highest quality mmo-arpg hybrid to date, fundamentally its the same old tired gameplay

i hope project TL doesnt end up being the same thing.
    But that's exactly what I most like about it, it brings more of one MMO to one ARPG, gives it a better feeling on the variety of content it does offer.

Overall from what I see the combat is one of the most praised parts of the game, so I guess that does go for people who prefer different styles. To me its gameplay has more to it than BDO does on its PvE, and BDO still did quite well on the west.

It also does appeal to a larger audience, from MMO fans, to Diablo fans, but it's not really a tired gameplay it seems this will get trendier and they do have a big competition that is the upcoming Project TL from NcSoft, another ARPG with more MMO on it.

All depends what releases first on the west, Lost Ark or Project TL, likely Project TL so it might just kill interest for it.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    edited July 2018
    DMKano said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Lost Ark would be the mainstream ARPG if it came to the west, the game is big, a large feature-set that is well implemented within the game, very good bets taken at the cinematic dungeons and so, if open beta in KR is really this year what is already considered soft-launch, maybe the west will see this in 2020 as CN is planned for 2019.

it is the highest quality mmo-arpg hybrid to date

As far as I'm aware, Marvel Heroes is the only released game that fits the criteria.  Well I guess Devilian does but barely  D3 and POE certainly don't.

Marvel Heroes at least had smooth and enjoyable combat, it sounds like this game doesn't even have that.
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    edited August 2018
    Guardian Raid Guide

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...