Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Squadron 42 not coming in 2018

Comments

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Babuinix said:
    It's a way to say thanks I guess, we know they're into the kinky stuff so we oblige :D
    You call them names to say thank you because you "know" they're into kinky stuff?

The irony in that sentence is over 9000.
    rpmcmurphyBabuinix

..Cake..

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    sgel said:
    Lol yeah of course you do.
    SC alpha has more content than other AAA games right? :D
    I mean I would usually disagree with that statement, but after Sea of Thieves that is one highly marketed AAA title, I really am siding with SC on the content area, specifically its variety.

Talking about SoT makes me rip because it was such a colossal waste of potential. :/
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Babuinix said:
    Lol struck a nerve that twitch image I see lol.

You mean that image obviously taken at a very strategic time? I took a look last night and all numbers where about equal for EVE, Elite and SC. All of them below 1000 though, and thus in the "meh" category of viewer numbers.

So not sure WHEN you took that screen shot, but it is hardly representative of the general state of things.

I would proceed carefully about flogging that horse. Someone might do som actaul comparisons over time and looking at support during broadcasts etc.. Would hate for shit to boomerang on you...
    rpmcmurphy
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited July 2018
    hfztt said:
    Babuinix said:

You mean that image obviously taken at a very strategic time? I took a look last night and all numbers where about equal for EVE, Elite and SC. All of them below 1000 though, and thus in the "meh" category of viewer numbers.

So not sure WHEN you took that screen shot, but it is hardly representative of the general state of things.

I would proceed carefully about flogging that horse. Someone might do som actaul comparisons over time and looking at support during broadcasts etc.. Would hate for shit to boomerang on you...
    You should go for it B)
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    Lol yeah of course you do.
    SC alpha has more content than other AAA games right? :D
    I mean I would usually disagree with that statement, but after Sea of Thieves that is one highly marketed AAA title, I really am siding with SC on the content area, specifically its variety.

Talking about SoT makes me rip because it was such a colossal waste of potential. :/
    I agree. SoT was a waste of potential.

I know you like to present SC as perfect in every occasion so maybe not a very good comparison for SC if you're expecting SC to be different.

..Cake..

Babuinix said:
    hfztt said:
    Babuinix said:

You should go for it B)
    Why would you edit your reply from "Go for it B)" to "You should go for it B)"

:hushed:
    Babuinix

..Cake..

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Erillion said:

Haters talking about a video game they do not like .... for 5+ years ..... is just sad. But hey, EVERYONE has its uses. Even haters. Perfect bump automatons.

Flip side of the same coin.  Every time you reflexively respond to a negative post all you are doing is bumping the headline to the front page.  And you both think the other person is doing your bidding.

Honestly, the best part about most of these games is being able to sit back and watch 2 sides wallow in the mud while each thinks they are "winning".  If SC fails the "haters" didn't win.  If SC succeeds the "defenders" didn't win.  It simply means that the company delivered a fun game.  Two sides playing forum PvP has zero impact on that but it is fun to watch both sides think they do.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
     is bumping the headline to the front page.
    Exactly ;-)

Sweet, is it not ?

Have fun

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited July 2018
    sgel said:
    I agree. SoT was a waste of potential.

I know you like to present SC as perfect in every occasion so maybe not a very good comparison for SC if you're expecting SC to be different.
    SC is not perfect, but it's not this madness frequently stated here, many backers enjoy SC as it is, even with its issues and lack of content, it can be one unique experience on its own and it just gets better over time, even if that is not happening as fast as we would like.

That said, excited for the next 3.3 update, if they manage at least OCS and the first proper planet/its moons and its content to release, I think we're seeing the best year for SC yet, it has been so up until now at least.
    sgel said:
    Babuinix said:
    hfztt said:
    Babuinix said:

You should go for it B)
    Why would you edit your reply from "Go for it B)" to "You should go for it B)"

:hushed:
    Why wouldn't I? :D
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited July 2018
    Babuinix said:

Maybe go back and check the context. Nothing was fabricated and there's no propaganda, you said yourself twitch views hold superficial value based on context so no need all that fuss tbh.
    No, you haven't struck a nerve at all.

I just think it's very hypocritical to claim moral superiority while spewing bullshit. Of course there is fabrication and propaganda. If SC's average twitch numbers are 1500 then 7k is well outside the norm, if Elite's and EVE's average numbers are 600 then listing them at 60 is also well outside the norm, thus it's propaganda and fabrication to use polar extremes as a comparison.

Your reason for doing so also equates to 

Babuinix said:
    It's not like I made a thread about it on the Elite forum :D
    I don't get the relevance.

Scot
    edited July 2018
    I dunno why you're all riled up from a "good" Twitch night for Star Citizen that so happened to coincide with bad ones from ED or EvE lol

It's just a screen cap of that moment, sometimes Star Citizen it's up sometimes it's EvE and others ED, I'm surely anyone who cares can go right now to twitch and check how each game is doing and take their own conclusions.

TBH you seem to be taking it too personal :)

it's not like I felt the need to make a thread about it and try to pretend it was something all that meaningful lol :*

Post edited by Babuinix on
    Erillion said:
    Exactly ;-)

Sweet, is it not ?

Have fun

Read the first part of that sentence you cut off.  

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Erillion said:
    Exactly ;-)

Sweet, is it not ?

Have fun

I did ;-)

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Erillion said:
    Exactly ;-)

Sweet, is it not ?

Have fun

I did ;-)

Have fun
    Right.. so you agree bumping a NEGATIVE thread to the front page is "sweet" for detractors. 
    2 sides of the same coin.   

Every time you respond to this thread you bump a "SQ42 is not coming in 2018" thread.  Good job I guess?

Have fun!

You should read what i wrote above. There is no such thing as BAD advertising.

Anything that keeps Star Citizen in the headlines - ANYTHING- is good for Star Citizen in the long run.

And every backer is also a promoter.

Thank you for the bumps.

Have fun
    edited July 2018
    Erillion said:

Anything that keeps Star Citizen in the headlines - ANYTHING- is good for Star Citizen in the long run.

Thank you for the bumps.

Have fun
    I read what you wrote.  It’s silly (Ask Seaworld how all the publicity around Blackfish worked out).  But it does explain why you reflexively do the bidding of the Goons all the time :)

Im a backer of many games including SC.  I’m not a promoter.  Keep your KoolAid.  Some of us are embarrassed by the shenanigans of both sides.

Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    rpmcmurphy

edited July 2018
    Goons are CIG's PR team.
    Derek Smart is a Sandi Gardiner alt.

Ingenious!

Slapshot1188rpmcmurphyErillionBabuinixRouzuki

..Cake..

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
    peanutabc said:
    think about sc from someone that isn't religiously following it.

--> Have heard plenty of opinions from people not following it closely.

It's a complete disaster.

-->{some} Gaming journalists seem to disagree.
    • it's pretty
    --> Check
    • it has a load of money
    ---> Check.
    • delayed none stop
    --> {Check}
    • apparently has a singleplayer campaign seperate from the game that's also delayed none stop
    --> {Check}
    • has seen a first person module
    --> ?? I am not sure if this refers to the overall first-person perspective in the game or such modules like the Hangar Module
    • you can fly around and do nothing because only assets are made and no actual real game
    --> You can fly around and walk around and already do plenty, especially if you cooperate with other players. There are thousands of YouTube videos of players doing all kinds of things. Here in this forum you will find a long and varied thread with high class fan-made videos about what you can already do in game.

in what, 5+ years?

--> 19. Nov 2012 til now, yes, 5 + years

--> Have fun

I fixed the first part of your post. Anywhere you see {} is what I changed since your post was getting a little heavy on the spin and was making me dizzy
    Babuinix said:
    I dunno why you're all riled up from a "good" Twitch night for Star Citizen that so happened to coincide with bad ones from ED or EvE lol

It's just a screen cap of that moment, sometimes Star Citizen it's up sometimes it's EvE and others ED, I'm surely anyone who cares can go right now to twitch and check how each game is doing and take their own conclusions.

TBH you seem to be taking it too personal :)

it's not like I felt the need to make a thread about it and try to pretend it was something all that meaningful lol :*

I'm not riled up, I'm actually having a good laugh.

If anyone is taking it personally it would appear to be you, you're the one digging through my post history (and selectively using threads that fit your agenda). I've made plenty of threads that don't poke fun on Star Citizen as well as many that do. 
    Bite me :)
    Erillion said:

Thank you for the bumps.

Have fun
    Hmm I don't know, that reminds me of something the goons say when taking the piss out of backers.... "This is good for Star Citizen."

Media talking about $27,000 ship packages with comment sections filled with people heaping ridicule on the game, company and its fans does not sound like something good for Star Citizen, short term or long term.
    sgel
    No need, you keep biting yourself lol  :D
    Erillion said:

Thank you for the bumps.

Have fun
    Hmm I don't know, that reminds me of something the goons say when taking the piss out of backers.... "This is good for Star Citizen."

Media talking about $27,000 ship packages with comment sections filled with people heaping ridicule on the game, company and its fans does not sound like something good for Star Citizen, short term or long term.
    That's why I say there are plenty of sock puppets out there :)

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    If SC had a days development for every post we have about where it is at, it would have finished a couple of years ago. :)
  • peanutabcpeanutabc Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Babuinix said:
    peanutabc said:
    think about sc from someone that isn't religiously following it.

It's a complete disaster.

• it's pretty
    • it has a load of money
    • delayed none stop
    • apparently has a singleplayer campaign seperate from the game that's also delayed none stop
    • has seen a first person module 
    • you can fly around and do nothing because only assets are made and no actual real game
    in what, 5+ years?
    Weak attempt, I'll give it a 2/10 for creative typing :D

I go to their website.

go through videos and text about what it is. The videos show absolutely nothing other than walking and flying around doing nothing. (3.0 persistent world)

what is the content? what will be the content? apparently i get corrected and it's now 7 years but there's nothing to show for it other than what basically looks like a tech demo (from the videos they're shoving in my face as i look on their site)

their "intense space combat" section of squadron 42 is 2 small paragraphs and a picture shows me nothing.

I see their 3.2 update page and every video is just advertisements for ships. 

????????

Babuinixpenandpaper