Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old MMORPG that can't stop playing until now.

2»

Comments

• GameolioDanGameolioDan Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Meridian 59 here. All of you are just puppies.
    ... I remember seeing an ad for that in a game magazine back in the 90s, I think? I had no idea you could still play it!

I guess Guild Wars would be the one I continue to return to. Love to get a vanquish, or two, done every once in awhile.
    G'day! Aussie guy that records videos of his gameplay. I stream gameplay too.

Youtube: http://youtube.com/c/gameoliodan
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/gameoliodan
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    Ragnarok Online is the oldest one that I'm still playing today. Other than that I still play WoW and War too. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    HatterGuy said:
    Does anyone here played Asian mmo aside from Lineage?
    Do I play any now? No, but in the past I've tried several, Aion, BDO, AA, Tera, and a half a dozen poorly made, smaller ones I can barely recall these days.

I might actually play L1 again if they were to relaunch an official western server. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• FrozenyearroundFrozenyearround Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Scot said:
    Entropia.

Came out in 2004. I started 2009 or 2010. I logged on last night to collect my land deeds money, then logged off.
    I can remember a time when I just logged into Lotro to pay my housing bill, that said I got six years of actual play out of it so not to bad. :)
    Reminds me that if I wasn't so honest, I should sell my lifetime LOTRO account. A game I will definitely never play again. They just lost their soul.
    Why sell it when you can pay it forward and just give it to a fellow mmorpg poster like me? 
  • miguelsvxmiguelsvx Member CommonPosts: 4
    Flyff private servers, been downloading them from time to time when me wanna play flyff
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    kingdom of drakkar on compuserv if that even counts since I stopped playing it

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• amalageramalager Member UncommonPosts: 15
    am I too old on playing Rohan here?
  • HatterGuyHatterGuy Member UncommonPosts: 12
    amalager said:
    Which means I am too old playing the game here lol
    There's no limit on playing games.
  • stego160stego160 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Guild wars 2
  • HatterGuyHatterGuy Member UncommonPosts: 12
    stego160 said:
    Guild wars 2
    I played Guild Wars 2 but its quite boring when you reach the end game level and equips.
    JeffSpicoli
  • MicheleSPMicheleSP Member CommonPosts: 3
    I don't know if this counts, but I'm playing Maplestory. It's such a childhood :)

I'm waiting for MS2 release, so that I can ditch the original MS for that new game! Currently I'm level 250 in that game :)
  • amalageramalager Member UncommonPosts: 15
    HatterGuy said:
    amalager said:
    Which means I am too old playing the game here lol
    There's no limit on playing games.
    Oh, I thought I am too old for playing games. Is anyone here knows about Rohan SEA? 
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    MicheleSP said:
    I don't know if this counts, but I'm playing Maplestory. It's such a childhood :)

I'm waiting for MS2 release, so that I can ditch the original MS for that new game! Currently I'm level 250 in that game :)
    Sorry for the late response, but Welcome!

Maplestory counts. It's still running and is considered "old.' :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    edited July 2018
    few months ago was on a TLP everquest server
    SWTOR is the game i still have an account active  and play from time to time 
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    HatterGuy said:
    Does anyone here played Asian mmo aside from Lineage?
    PWI is still quite playable, as long as you know what you are getting into.  One through 40 isn't even overly grindy.  While some of the translation is rubbish, you can get a feel that the writing wasn't terribly godawful as many Asian imports (and some western games) appear to be.  The graphics are rather pretty in their own way, and every class/character can fly.  Yes, it looks a bit dated.  Not as sad as EQ1 or other games showing their age.

Just don't let PWE have your credit card information.  They had 'issues' keeping your information for their own use.  Heaven forbid you even thinking about putting a charge on your debit card.  That scares me to no end.  (I think all this safely falls under 'knowing what you are getting into' above, but this one really deserves the clarification, in case of any misunderstanding).

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.