Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Squadron 42 not coming in 2018

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    >>>  We hear rumors of people leaving and at the same time we see the hiring side of the website never gets smaller, only bigger. <<<

In a company with almost 500 people, there will always be some people leaving. For a variety of reasons. And others join the company - a fact that certain doomsayers do NOT feature as prominently on their twitter feeds as the news about those that leave. 

At a certain point in the project I expect about 50 % of the team to leave. Simply because their job is done. 

Preferably they switch to a new project in the same company. But many will move on. That is very typical for the gaming industry. 

Have fun
  • GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455
    "Just keep giving us more money! We will TOTALLY have it done by '19.........2219."
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    The only running joke is how the haters think that anyone else could do a better job than Chris Roberts yet they can't point to any Game Dev or Studio who's doing anything remotely close to assembling a gaming company from scratch, open 5 studios, hire 500 people and do games as ambitious as Star Citizen and Squadron 42 while turning the development showcase into a 30 million dollar a year funding lol

Poor Chris is doing so bad it's perceived as good :D

If only other studios and dev's could do this bad B)
    I like how you have to bring up how they had to assemble a gaming company from scratch, open all these studios and hire all these people before you actually mention a game. It’s like you know the game is in a piss poor position so you have to try and prop it up.

And yes anyone could do a better job then Chris Roberts because Chris Roberts has already shown he sucks at running his own game studio and with his new one he is making the same mistakes. At this point (and I’m saying this purely to trigger the fanboys) id trust Derek Smart to make the game better. 
    It's all part of the project, you cant disassociate one from another. CIG went from no company to multiple studios across the world in 5 years rubbing shoulders with the big boys in the AAAA in terms of scope, quality and ambition.

As for the game being "in a piss poor position" ! LOL that's what every hater says for years without even playing the damn thing. It's doomed ! Dooomed! Total Collapse Imminent ! 90 Day's top since 2015 lol

Having just released their 2nd successful quarterly update with new features new content and several QoL improvements such as group play and improvements in the performance this alpha already has more game in it than many "finished and released" games lol

The star feature of this update is definitely Mining alright!

Mining Salty rocks from the haters lol
    Look at them go! :D
    Lol AAAA game. I’d take any game made at a game jam for content and fun factor than this pretty looking pile of garbage. 

I dont need to play the game to know it’s in a piss poor condition. See there’s videos out there that don’t just show how the game is pure unicorn farts and rainbows but that it does indeed suck. Yes yes it’s pre alpha but I could care less since most of the white knights on here compare it to AAAA games. Also your obsession with Derek Smart is showing again.

Group play in a multiplayer game? Holy shit stop the presses! A multiplayer game has group play now! Truly Star Citizen is the game to bring back balance to the force and make space sims great again!

P.S. answer the call in 2016.....2017....ooh wait 2018....shit no! Ummm I don’t like being called a lair for being optimistic about delivery dates!
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Kefo said:
    Lol AAAA game. I’d take any game made at a game jam for content and fun factor than this pretty looking pile of garbage.
    Do it then, take that "game made at a game jam" and be happy! All the best and to each it's own! :D

Fortunately a great number of people seem to enjoy Star Citizen for what it is already!

I sincerely hope you someday can find a way to get over that over negative emotional bias against Star Citizen and move on to the things you like, I think it's healthier in the long run, because you know, Star Citizen will only get better and it seems you'll only get more and more frustrated.

Like the rabbit says:

Have Fun!
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Do it then, take that "game made at a game jam" and be happy! All the best and to each it's own! :D

Fortunately a great number of people seem to enjoy Star Citizen for what it is already!

I sincerely hope you someday can find a way to get over that over negative emotional bias against Star Citizen and move on to the things you like, I think it's healthier in the long run, because you know, Star Citizen will only get better and it seems you'll only get more and more frustrated.

Like the rabbit says:

Have Fun!
    Who says I’m frustrated? Quite the opposite really. I get some good laughs watching the white knights defend the train wreck and make excuses for Croberts and his poor management decisions. 

And a whole 7370 viewers I’m (not) impressed. How many fans does this game supposedly have and that’s all it can muster? As an aside I just looked right now and it’s at  748 viewers lol and yes I know it’s a Tuesday afternoon but still find it funny
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Kyleran said:
    Erillion said:
    Albatroes said:
    People still think these guys are making a game? Poor souls.
    Gaming magazine journalists that visited the studios and saw work in progress seem to think these guys ARE making a game. Go figure. Poor souls.

Have fun

Were they given any indication on when it might be launching? Not this year is not really the correct answer.  (Seeing that was pretty much a given)

According to this coder / former CIG employee of 5 years, 2028.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Kefo said:

P.S. answer the call in 2016.....2017....ooh wait 2018....shit no! Ummm I don’t like being called a lair for being optimistic about delivery dates!
    This part of your comment reminded me of a video I got linked the other day

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited July 2018
    Kefo said:
    And a whole 7370 viewers I’m (not) impressed. How many fans does this game supposedly have and that’s all it can muster? As an aside I just looked right now and it’s at  748 viewers lol and yes I know it’s a Tuesday afternoon but still find it funny
    What exactly is funny? If you look at the numbers ED produces, a released game with obviously more active players than SC does, I'm not sure who is a failure at interest there, the one released or the alpha with little content.

If this is a pointer of anything, is the potential growth in audience SC will have as it releases content expansions through this next updates. Let's just wait and see. 
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    What exactly is funny? If you look at the numbers ED produces, a released game with obviously more active players than SC does, I'm not sure who is a failure at interest there, the one released or the alpha with little content.
    Heh. SC can't stand on its own so it needs to be compared to a 4 year old game. I mean, both their numbers on twitch suck so they are both "failing?" 

Kyleran said:
    Erillion said:
    Albatroes said:
    Gaming magazine journalists that visited the studios and saw work in progress seem to think these guys ARE making a game. Go figure. Poor souls.

Have fun

Were they given any indication on when it might be launching? Not this year is not really the correct answer.  (Seeing that was pretty much a given)

LoL another desperate and sad attempt of the hating goons to attack Star Citizen with more fabrications and deceit!

The usual move from the little trolls with a Long History of Lying lol

Too bad it only gets CIG and Star Citizen more money in the process rofl

Please keep on trying, as more and more desperate you get the more funnier it gets lol

Stay Salty42!
    Heh. SC can't stand on its own so it needs to be compared to a 4 year old game. I mean, both their numbers on twitch suck so they are both "failing?" 
    Oh the age of ED wouldn't count much, that tendency of interest favoring SC on twitch audience was usually always there. And this mostly because SC is one alpha with very limited content so not easy to survive twitch but they did; usually only early access PvP games (Rusts and such) get away with it.
    edited July 2018
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    But do you see Elite players posting up twitch playlists trying to prove how popular their game is?, do they talk about the alpha part of the game having more content that other AAA games? I never see that.

Is using a screenshot from twitch with zero context a good thing? It might have been when Chris was on the latest RtV which really boosted viewer numbers or it might have been immediately after the patch when interest is at its highest. I'm not saying that is the case but without any context....

And we could always do a google trends for a comparison https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=/m/0n5v7g2,/m/064hbl
    MaxBacon said:
    Oh the age of ED wouldn't count much, that tendency of interest favoring SC on twitch audience was usually always there. And this mostly because SC is one alpha with very limited content so not easy to survive twitch but they did; usually only early access PvP games (Rusts and such) get away with it.
    If "survival" is the mark, then I certainly agree that SC hit that mark.

I still understand that the only reason you bring up ED is because it has a tiny amount of viewers and that's the only way SC's numbers can possibly look impressive. That you try and pretend the age of a game doesn't matter is just more disingenuous bullshit from the faithful. 
    But do you see Elite players posting up twitch playlists trying to prove how popular they are?, do they talk about the alpha part of the game having more content that other AAA games? I never see that.

Is using a screenshot from twitch with zero context a good thing? It might have been when RtV was on or it might have been immediately after the patch when interest is at its highest. I'm not saying it isn't popular but without any context....
    RTV peaks around 1-1.5k when it's on. All it takes really is larger streamers to start play SC and obviously, that boosts the audience, most likely so because of the update, then it peaks down again.

Well with all the effort put into discredit SC in every way possible, wouldn't find it that unreasonable to counter it. And TBH the reason ED is so weak in Twitch is that it's just uninteresting and boring to watch as a general rule, SC is more action-based yet it lacks the content so it mostly is people doing the same things.
  • BalmongBalmong Member UncommonPosts: 170
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    But do you see Elite players posting up twitch playlists trying to prove how popular their game is?, do they talk about the alpha part of the game having more content that other AAA games? I never see that.

Is using a screenshot from twitch with zero context a good thing? It might have been when Chris was on the latest RtV which really boosted viewer numbers or it might have been immediately after the patch when interest is at its highest. I'm not saying that is the case but without any context....

And we could always do a google trends for a comparison https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=/m/0n5v7g2,/m/064hbl
    They do spend an inordinate amount of time discussing SC though. I think they're up to their ninth iteration, with previous threads having thousands of posts each.

At the end of the day though Braben and Roberts have a friendly professional relationship, so does it really matter?

I still understand that the only reason you bring up ED is because it has a tiny amount of viewers and that's the only way SC's numbers can possibly look impressive. That you try and pretend the age of a game doesn't matter is just more disingenuous bullshit from the faithful. 
    Well, because it's not released, that is the thing, wouldn't expect that much when there is so little content on the game that it exists itself, so that will only be further cultivated as the game develops. Also, don't come with disingenuous BS, ED as a general rule as always drove little interest in Twitch falling often behind SC, that's why I didn't consider the age of the game because nothing really changed as the years passed.
    edited July 2018
    MaxBacon said:

Well, because it's not released, that is the thing, wouldn't expect that much when there is so little content on the game that it exists itself, so that will only be further cultivated as the game develops. Also, don't come with disingenuous BS, ED as a general rule as always drove little interest in Twitch falling often behind SC, that's why I didn't consider the age of the game because nothing really changed as the years passed.
    Yes, ED garners little interest. People aren't that into ED. That is why you are comparing it to SC. That's the only way that SC's numbers can look impressive. But they aren't impressive. And there is a good reason for that. Right now it's not a good game.
    edited July 2018
    Yes, ED garners little interest. People aren't that into ED. That is why you are comparing it to SC. That's the only way that SC's numbers can look impressive. But they aren't impressive. And there is a good reason for that. Right now it's not a good game.
    Being capable to drive enough interest to peak at 7k by itself, even if that is one update released is a good stand on interest. The interest will peak down as usual but to be kept there has to be more content and length to things, that's simply why it has no bigger meaning of "good or bad game", just the repetition of content.

ED always comes to mind because comparations between both were always a standard due to both being this main titles on the genre and their usual similarities, and in some aspects, it acts like a way to even out arguments by seeing the statistics involving both titles. Such has, how much does a space sim of similarity to SC usually norms in viewers.
    Babuinix said:

Kyleran said:
    Erillion said:
    Albatroes said:

Have fun

LoL another desperate and sad attempt of the hating goons to attack Star Citizen with more fabrications and deceit!

The usual move from the little trolls with a Long History of Lying lol

Too bad it only gets CIG and Star Citizen more money in the process rofl

Please keep on trying, as more and more desperate you get the more funnier it gets lol

Stay Salty42!
    I'm confused; are you calling the Glassdoor review a "sad attempt of the hating goons"?  On first pass, it seems genuine.  "2028" was somewhat tongue-in-cheek I'll admit, but based on the following passage:

That said please keep up the passion and the dream alive, it really is an amazing environment and hopefully in a decade or so the original dream can finally be realized!

When read in context this doesn't appear to be sarcasm.  Or are you calling me a "hating goon" for linking to the above review of CIG?

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar

MaxBacon said:
    RTV peaks around 1-1.5k when it's on. All it takes really is larger streamers to start play SC and obviously, that boosts the audience, most likely so because of the update, then it peaks down again.

What I did notice from this site https://sullygnome.com/game/Star_Citizen is that we have 3 large spikes, the rest of the time viewer numbers are considerably smaller, 60 at the lows and 900 at the highs.
    If we then look at Elite https://sullygnome.com/game/Elite_Dangerous we can see more consistent peaks and troughs with numbers being between 60-800 so very similar viewer numbers for the majority of the time.

It just shows that a snapshot taken at an opportune time can make something appear completely different than how it is for the majority of the time.

Balmong said:
    They do spend an inordinate amount of time discussing SC though. I think they're up to their ninth iteration, with previous threads having thousands of posts each.

At the end of the day though Braben and Roberts have a friendly professional relationship, so does it really matter?
    Sorry I didn't realise we were talking about that thread on the forums, when I mentioned Elite I meant the playerbase in general.
    Phaserlight
    edited July 2018
    MaxBacon said:

What I did notice from this site https://sullygnome.com/game/Star_Citizen is that we have 3 large spikes, the rest of the time viewer numbers are considerably smaller, 60 at the lows and 900 at the highs.
    If we then look at Elite https://sullygnome.com/game/Elite_Dangerous we can see more consistent peaks and troughs with numbers being between 60-800 so very similar viewer numbers for the majority of the time.

It just shows that a snapshot taken at an opportune time can make something appear completely different than how it is for the majority of the time.
    I think the more general stats are way more clear, the global rank of the game, SC in 188th and ED in 251st, on the direct compare: https://sullygnome.com/game/Star_Citizen/compare/88_119 ED showing to have more channels streaming but the average viewer ratio of SC is quite clear there that it is a constant (you can scale the graph for 1year data to see).
    Phaserlight
    edited July 2018

I'm confused; are you calling the Glassdoor review a "sad attempt of the hating goons"?  On first pass, it seems genuine.  "2028" was somewhat tongue-in-cheek I'll admit, but based on the following passage:

That said please keep up the passion and the dream alive, it really is an amazing environment and hopefully in a decade or so the original dream can finally be realized!

When read in context this doesn't appear to be sarcasm.  Or are you calling me a "hating goon" for linking to the above review of CIG?
    Ofc I am...

It's clearly another fabrication from the usual goon haters to attack Star Citizen and CIG staff (now ex-staff).

You can go check John Pritchett Facebook farewell post and comment reply's to see that it's not in line with the lies fabricated in that review, which by the way in case you don't know is open to anyone to post without any kind of checking whatsoever.

If you believe that's a genuine review or you are a goon in it or so oblivious in your need to hate Star Citizen that your confirmation bias makes you believe in anything lol

People should understand by now but these sad desperate souls have been fabricating lies and deceit to attack Star Citizen for years now lol

From fake refunds, fake "bug" videos to fake glass door reviews, doxing, drama hyperbolization and god knows what more, they are pure scum and have no boundaries in their intents to attack Star Citizen no matter what.

The beauty is that they keep failing again and again while showcasing their pathetic desperation as Star Citizen keeps on going stronger and stronger lol

It's quite sad but hey that's in the internet anonymity that these immature sociopaths thrive for it because I'm sure they can't get enjoyment irl.

What Cho Gonna Do

Post edited by Babuinix on
    Phaserlight
    MaxBacon said:
    MaxBacon said:

I think the more general stats are way more clear, the global rank of the game, SC in 188th and ED in 251st, on the direct compare: https://sullygnome.com/game/Star_Citizen/compare/88_119 ED showing to have more channels streaming but the average viewer ratio of SC is quite clear there that it is a constant (you can scale the graph for 1year data to see).
    That's an interesting comparison, especially when the google trends comparison is also factored in.

One thing I did notice which is clearly a number swayer is that FDev have 10 videos on twitch, CIG have 106, so it's clearly been much more of a focal point for the studio and I guess this is reflected via the giveaways they do on streams, PCs for streamers, streamer promotion, referral competitions etc.

It is worth noting that the claim of Elite being boring and uninteresting while Star Citizen is action packed and therefore pulls in more viewers is untrue, day to day numbers are very similar and would infer that space games remain a rather niche market despite the large amount of media attention they have been getting in recent years.

That's an interesting comparison, especially when the google trends comparison is also factored in.

One thing I did notice which is clearly a number swayer is that FDev have 10 videos on twitch, CIG have 106, so it's clearly been much more of a focal point for the studio and I guess this is reflected via the giveaways they do on streams, PCs for streamers, streamer promotion, referral competitions etc.

It is worth noting that the claim of Elite being boring and uninteresting while Star Citizen is action packed and therefore pulls in more viewers is untrue, day to day numbers are very similar and would infer that space games remain a rather niche market despite the large amount of media attention they have been getting in recent years.

They are proactive on social media, but I do think ED is a game that generally does not fit twitch, it falls on a niche, even on its players itself why ED ends up controversial with new players that do expect something that has more action to it (so did I), it's for a reason it's so often compared to a sorts truck simulator in space, it's not a game that will in a continuous stream be capable to be exciting to who is viewing it, while SC can it simply does not have enough content to keep one audience for long because it will be repetitive; both do can fall short for different reasons, hence why on my opinion SC does have a good prospect for the future because of most needed content expansions, aside from performance/stability ofc, are exactly what I think it needs.
    Babuinix said:

Ofc I am...

It's clearly another fabrication from the usual goon haters to attack Star Citizen and CIG staff (now ex-staff).

You can go check John Pritchett Facebook farewell post and comment reply's to see that it's not in line with the lies fabricated in that review, which by the way in case you don't know is open to anyone to post without any kind of checking whatsoever.

If you believe that's a genuine review or you are a goon in it or so oblivious in your need to hate Star Citizen that your confirmation bias makes you believe in anything lol

People understand by now but these sad desperate souls have been fabricating lies and deceit to attack Star Citizen for years now lol

From fake refunds, fake "bug" videos to fake glass door reviews, doxing, drama hyperbolization and god knows what more, they are pure scum and have no boundaries in their intents to attack Star Citizen no matter what.

The beauty is that they keep failing again and again while showcasing their pathetic desperation as Star Citizen keeps on going stronger and stronger lol

It's quite sad but hey that's in the internet anonymity that these immature sociopaths thrive for it because I'm sure they don't get more enjoyment irl.

What Cho Gonna Do

I see; those are pretty despicable lengths to go to in order to tarnish a game's reputation if indeed the review is forged.