Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heroic Games Shows Off a Brand New Female Costume - Ship of Heroes - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,974
    DMKano said:
    Still looks bad to me from any angle.

And it's not just this picture - the characters just look bad - which for a heroes based game is a serious problem.

I remember spending hours in CoH/V just making characters - not gonna be happening with this game.
    Strange, this is coming from the guy who's said he never looks at or cares what his character looks like and doesn't care about graphics or cosmetics. Next you'll be telling us you've started reading more than the headlines of article.

These models look as good as most every other MMO except maybe BDO. They're certainly as good as any other western developed MMO.
    Scot
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member EpicPosts: 10,643
    Torval said:
    DMKano said:

And it's not just this picture - the characters just look bad - which for a heroes based game is a serious problem.

I remember spending hours in CoH/V just making characters - not gonna be happening with this game.
    Strange, this is coming from the guy who's said he never looks at or cares what his character looks like and doesn't care about graphics or cosmetics. Next you'll be telling us you've started reading more than the headlines of article.

These models look as good as most every other MMO except maybe BDO. They're certainly as good as any other western developed MMO.
    I would say.. maybe... to that.  The mask is extremely blocky and weird.  The body is okayish but I looked at the other pictures, from some angles it does look pretty bad, at other angles it's okay.  

Just a really strange looking mask.  

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,065
    Scot said:
    GladDog said:
    There are artists working on costumes right now.  Their goal is to have 12-16 complete costumes to mix and match for a lot of costume choices.  Each one has 11 slots, and has to be modified for 3 body models, so each costume is a lot of work. 

SoH purchased a costume pack that was almost all civilian clothing, thinking this would be a good start.  Well, the costume pack was great, until the characters actually moved.  Then there was inferior shading, and lots & lots of occlusions.  So they have assigned an artist/programmer team to fix it.  And, they have been working on that for months.  So SoH won't be buying any more costumes.  Producing one costume a month will get them to their goal, and maybe even more.

By the way, CoH/V released in 2004 with a total of 10 complete costume sets with a lot of decal add-ons.  Most of their character creator was individual pieces.
    One problem, I very much doubt they will launch with costumes for super dogs. :)
    Yep that's going to be RUFF... 
    Scot

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,621
    Torval said:
    DMKano said:

In fairness, there is a difference between not caring what one's character looks like when given a choice of options and noting a level of artistic/aesthetic competency.

That isn't a comment on this work as I have no immediate opinion of this work.

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,974
    Torval said:
    DMKano said:

I would say.. maybe... to that.  The mask is extremely blocky and weird.  The body is okayish but I looked at the other pictures, from some angles it does look pretty bad, at other angles it's okay.  

I meant the character model in the middle of the thread. I was unclear. My bad, sorry. 

The original costume doesn't look good to me from any angle to be honest. It looks like they were more worried dye zones and "customization" than a cool outfit.
    maskedweasel
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,383
    MadFrenchie said:

how many times are you close enough to another player to make out the details of their avatar's face? 

How many times do you stare at your character from the front?
    Question 1: Almost never.

Question 2: All the time. Every time I call up the character sheet, which I do constantly. 
    GladDog

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 13,322
    Torval said:
    Torval said:
    DMKano said:

I meant the character model in the middle of the thread. I was unclear. My bad, sorry. 

The original costume doesn't look good to me from any angle to be honest. It looks like they were more worried dye zones and "customization" than a cool outfit.
    "Dye zones", this is way to much technical expertise for me....it does not look good or it does look good, that my level. :)

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P