Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

As Players Watch the Rocket Launch, Wily Player Takes Them Out for All-Time Record - Fortnite - MMOR

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageAs Players Watch the Rocket Launch, Wily Player Takes Them Out for All-Time Record - Fortnite - MMORPG.com

Fortnite News - Over the weekend, the latest Fortnite event took place with a special rocket launch that was by all reports quite epic. Many servers were packed to the rafters with players cooperatively watching. However, on one server the viewing party was rather rudely interrupted in their reverie when a player named "Elemental_Ray" took them all out by destroying the platform on which they were standing. The dastardly deed has earned him the top spot on the Leaderboard for Solo Single Match Kills.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Gotta admire his new kill record, especially given his....er...lackluster stats before he became a world famous troll. :D
    bcbully

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    A testament to what happens when players have too much control in a game, but its the sort of game (non-persistent) where it does not matter that this can be done.

Call me a cynic, but this could have been a setup, "oh yeah lets have a truce" a truce where 48 players where in a very vulnerable situation. Well no more such truces with the naivety of 'castles in the sky' I guess. :)
    Mendelbcbully
  • trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146
    How poorly written Suzie Ford articles are never ceases to amaze me.
    kaedian66CapodecinaPanther2103SBFord
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    And since we make a big deal out of asshattery like this the internet gaming community will continue to seek out this kind of fame they are gifted with for being assholes.
    kitaradbarasawaScotCapodecinaMendelbcbully
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    edited July 2018
    I think the bigger and better part of the story is that 48 ppl could actually get along. That should really be the highlight, fuck the other guy.
    MendelSpottyGekkoMadFrenchie
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Killing people by destroying the platform under them?  This is why destructible terrain is a bad idea.  (I'm looking at you, ghost of EQ:N).  I would nominate the guy for a "special achievement in griefing" award if there was such a thing.
    SBFordbcbully

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Scot said:
    A testament to what happens when players have too much control in a game, but its the sort of game (non-persistent) where it does not matter that this can be done.

Call me a cynic, but this could have been a setup, "oh yeah lets have a truce" a truce where 48 players where in a very vulnerable situation. Well no more such truces with the naivety of 'castles in the sky' I guess. :)
    Yeah it seems a little fishy, I feel like it could have been set up as well. 

Reminds me of the wedding crash in WoW back in the day where they raided an in game wedding and killed everyone. 
    SBFordScot
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2018
    Scot said:

Reminds me of the wedding crash in WoW back in the day where they raided an in game wedding and killed everyone. 
    wasn't it speculated that the vanilla funeral (memorial or whatever) raid was a set up too?
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Albatroes said:

Scot said:

wasn't it speculated that the vanilla funeral (memorial or whatever) raid was a set up too?

Even Leroy Jenkins too, if I remember right.

It does seem awfully convenient. I'm sure that given Epic's legal eagle way of handling things, if it was a set up, the guy will be relieved of his "achievement".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    SBFord said:

Albatroes said:

Scot said:

Even Leroy Jenkins too, if I remember right.

It does seem awfully convenient. I'm sure that given Epic's legal eagle way of handling things, if it was a set up, the guy will be relieved of his "achievement".
    That's a hard one to call, he could have just heard this was going to happen and thought this is too good to be true. :)
    SBFord
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited July 2018
    This is beautiful

griefing?? Lmfao please go away and find a single player game. Some of you are so out of touch.
    SBFord
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205

bcbully said:

This is beautiful

griefing?? Lmfao please go away and find a single player game. Some of you are so out of touch.

Definitely wouldn't call this griefing considering the style of game. No one told anyone to not kill anyone. It was a general consensus that everyone would not shoot each other for this one time event in the game. This guy didn't care about any of that however and saw the opportunity. Dudes a douche, I'll say that, but definitely don't hate him for what he did.
    SBFordMadFrenchie
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Viper482 said:
    And since we make a big deal out of asshattery like this the internet gaming community will continue to seek out this kind of fame they are gifted with for being assholes.
    You say that like it's a bad thing. These kinds of incidents are simply wonderful and they make for great stories. They're a reminder that games should not be taken too seriously. 
  • GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455
    "You guys, I killed a bunch of people who were ostensibly AFK! Am I good yet?!"

Lol. This is like saying "The boss was broken and wouldn't attack me, but I killed it anyway and got world first. I R pro gamer!"....
  • AalamrAalamr Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Whether this was or wasn't staged I feel like it ruins the legitimacy of the leader boards. Given the guys dumpter tier kda someone like him should not be at the top, or atleast put an asterisk next to his name to tell people how he got super lucky with 0 skill involved.

I don't play BR games or anything competitively but I can see how the people who do try to climb the ladders would be upset.