Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where's the gameplay trailers ("lots of them") promised before Beta?

Vexus_XVexus_X Member UncommonPosts: 57
All I see is hour long videos of a dude sitting there talking. Anyone have those gameplay videos somewhere?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    NDA still in place I believe.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Vexus_XVexus_X Member UncommonPosts: 57
    No, they said they as a company would be releasing gameplay trailers here: 

Around 36 min in.

They said before beta, lots of trailers, so people would know what they're getting into.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Come on, man!  Patience!  The trailers will be released WHEN THEY'RE READY!  And I, for one, am glad for that.  I'd rather they release content-complete, bug-free trailers than some buggy mess.

Seriously though, they haven't released anything else anywhere close to on time.  Why would this be any different?
    JamesGoblin
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I'd be much more worried about the delays in development than I would trailers that would amount to hype and marketing material, personally.
    YashaXSovrath

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2018
    I mean, if this wasn't a crowdfunded project, I'd probably say yea they should be focusing on releasing something that runs smooth; however, I do think its normal for people to want to see how their money is being spent, especially with the recent spending of other crowdfunded projects (like CoE using the crowdfunding money to later tell backers its to build a prototype for the game in order to get proper funding from a major investor).
  • tinnistinnis Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Vexus_X said:
    All I see is hour long videos of a dude sitting there talking. Anyone have those gameplay videos somewhere?

MARK JACOBS:

"Figure on us streaming 30-60 days in Beta 1. After this long of a wait, we want to make sure that our first official streams show off what we can do already as well as the promise for what will be coming over the course of Beta." source

CSE_Andrew:

The criteria we're working towards is: When will it be good enough that it won't turn off people who don't understand "still in development"?

It's not driven by a date. It's driven by quality and people's reactions. I hope the people who've been backers since way back can understand the reasoning here. You want the game you backed to succeed, and that means having a critical mass of fellow players, and that means appealing to the (very big majority) of people who were hanging out on the sidelines until it was farther along.

If a random person sees a random stream, will they say, "Hey, I want to try that game," or will they say, "OK, not paying any more attention to that, on to the next game..."? source

meddyckMrMelGibsonJamesGoblin
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Vexus_X said:
    So, we're going to start holding developers to their word?  I like the concept, but who's going to change first, players not accepting any wild promise pushing the hype, or the developers not trying to buffalo their future customers?

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.