Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you looking for a mmo sandbox to try out.

DaftDaft Member UncommonPosts: 170
A new early access mmorpg on steam. I really like the old school feel and its actually pretty fun. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/595110/Gran_Skrea_Online/

ABOUT THIS GAME

Gran Skrea invites players to create their own destiny in an original world of medieval fantasy. Embark on varied and challenging quests, square off in ruthless PvP combat, or write your character’s story through an unstructured economy and player-created guilds. The mythology and danger of Gran Skrea await adventurers seeking new experiences in a massively-multiplayer online role-playing game!

Steam Early Access to Gran Skrea (GS) opens in early 2018, and already offers a robust feature set:
  • Quests to compel and guide characters as they advance
  • Cohesive and meaningful lore behind the residents of Gran Skrea and their Immortal gods
  • Over 20 combat and crafting skills to level up, unlocking new content and abilities
  • Full-loot player-versus-player combat
  • Repercussions for criminal activity - think twice before slaying innocent people!
  • Gather resources and level up crafting skills to create items with unique stats
  • Character homes to build, furnish, and trade
  • Co-operative dungeons to explore and host brutal boss fights
  • Player-focused economy, such as higher-level items that can only be crafted by players

Looking to the future, GS's development roadmap focuses on features that expand the world and give players tools to further define their character’s role:
  • Vast lands for exploration and adventure
  • A variety of distinct cities and cultures
  • An extensive guild system, including territorial warfare and tax revenue
  • Auction houses for player trading
  • Player- and guild-owned shops
  • Customizable items, abilities, stats, and appearance
  • Player-owned ships and naval warfare
  • Support development with member subscriptions and perks

Gran Skrea is independently-developed by a bunch of monkeys banging on keyboards around the world. It combines a desire for new player-defined MMORPG mechanics with influences from classic RPGs like Runescape, Ultima Online, and The Elder Scrolls. The game features music by New Light Audio.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM:
    • Processor: 2.0 GHz Dual Core Processor
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 550 or better
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 4 GB available space
    RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: 3.2 GHz Processor
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 960 or better
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 4 GB available space
blamo2000Thunder073

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,991
    Interesting except it is early access, I will take a proper look when it actually launches.
    HatefullHarikenPhryThunder073UnicronGalactus
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    "Full-loot player-versus-player combat".

Stopped reading there.
    HorusraKnyttadelete5230SBFordLeFantomeGrunt350MargraveTokkenUngoodTruvidien88and 10 others.
  • DaftDaft Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Right now there isn't any looting in pvp and the pvp is somewhat regulated. 
    I didn't see this mmo on the website so I figured I would post it . 
    For $10 I'm getting some fun out of it. The game isn't complete , but it's kinda cool seeing this game being made while playing. 
    I started playing EQ in 2000 so shitty graphics like this have a special place in my heart haha
    Ungood
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,991
    deniter said:

Stopped reading there.
    I have a wait and see attitude, lets see if that's what it is like when it launches.
    Phaserlight
    edited July 2018
    There is only limited pvp right now . Full loot isn't a thing at the moment because nobody wants it . Even if there was a pvp loot system I bet you would have to be flagged for pvp and it would only be a random drop, not a full loot deal. It's to early to tell yet though 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited July 2018
    What is the quest and dungeon situation like right now? 
    Almost a "do you really have to ask?" type of question really.

Plans for FFA full loot PVP usually are to fill in the holes from a lack of funding to properly develop the PVE aspects, which is why most indies are following this path.

The fact they excluded Windows 10 from the requirements doesn't bode well, very likely this game has been very long in development and isn't likely to reach a "fully launched" state any time before say.....2021.

As the OP says, if you enjoy playing MMORPGs for "funzies," (and you know you do) go for it I'd say, only $9.99 after all.

Scot[Deleted User]Hatefullcentkin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    What if I'm looking for a released MMO sandbox to try out, not an early access one?  I dislike having to deal with constant bugs.
    Quizzical said:
    What if I'm looking for a released MMO sandbox to try out, not an early access one?  I dislike having to deal with constant bugs.
    That's what we all want. 
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Lost me at early access. 
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    deniter said:

Stopped reading there.
    Yeah, they can't help forcing that crap on everyone.
    And they wonder why their games which may otherwise have great concepts fail.

That, and the graphics/animations which hint at another catastrophic production quality.

They aren't forcing.  That's why there is a market place.  If you don't like full loot pvp, you go to a different game.  It's no different than ppl who love it and are 'forced' into a complete pve game.  Not forced...choice!
    ScorchienNephethHatefull[Deleted User]

I self identify as a monkey.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    mgilbrtsn said:
    deniter said:

Stopped reading there.

That, and the graphics/animations which hint at another catastrophic production quality.

They aren't forcing.  That's why there is a market place.  If you don't like full loot pvp, you go to a different game.  It's no different than ppl who love it and are 'forced' into a complete pve game.  Not forced...choice!
          Truth ^^
    edited July 2018
    DMKano said:
    It's an attempt to take the best of Ultima Online, Runscape but what's often lacking in these attempts is an understanding how the underlying features mesh well together to support the overall game.

This is often where indie studios struggle - they add a lot of systems and features but fail to integrate them in a cohesive way.

I think that's the core issue here as well.

Also on steam the playerbase is super low - averaging about about 43 users daily in the last month

so the game is super small right now. With it being a single server there is people everywhere . It doesn't bother me if anyone here plays or not i just wanted everyone to know that's it's around and playable . MMORPG.com  doesn't . always post every mmorpg on the site .
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    I recently started playing SWG (for the first time) and it has honestly made most other mmo's feel beyond shallow. 
    Hatefull
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    Utinni said:
    I recently started playing SWG (for the first time) and it has honestly made most other mmo's feel beyond shallow. 
    They are. The only MMOs I wouldn't classify as shallow are:

A. Indie titles
    B. Ancient

SWG came about toward the end of the era when there was no set formula on how to build an MMO. And ultimately trying to bring their game in-line with that formula after the WoW-clone era had truly begun is what sunk them.

More on the subject of this game in specific. It looks interesting but I don't hold much hope they will be able to achieve their lofty ambitions given I only heard of them just today. Their graphics don't seem terrible but they do seem enough sub-par that it will hurt their ability for people to take them seriously. And their marketing must be atrocious.
    edited July 2018
    mgilbrtsn said:
    deniter said:

Stopped reading there.

And the point I was making is exactly that: nobody plays those games because of the forced PvP.
       Cmon Jean -Luc , "nobody" is quite a reach and not necessary to make your point ...

But ..   Eve still has a solid player base

UO .. after 20 years still has a dedicated and active base

Mortal Online thru all its trials has managed to stabilize and keep a good base

DAOC which 50% of the game is "forced" as you put it , still going strong ...

Albion has a strong player pop .. 

Lineage still supports a giant player community   

etc.. there are others..

. Now altho its pop falls behind the "Casual" player base in other games the Hardcore fan base does exist has good numbers and is seeking the next great game just as the "Casuals" seek and leap at every game presented to them ..

And none of these games have failed , they are making money for there dev houses , enough to continue support , develop new content and make a living for there employees , otherwise your "Fail" would be true , which it is not , None of these games have failed , they all actual have a level of success that keeps them running and relative to there communites.... and pulling in a profit , which is the goal of every business venture , in that regard they all have succeded.

And quite to the contrary as a hole it seems to me that that the "Casual" games have had more failures and been shuttered than the Hardcore games , as most of the Hardcore games are still up and running , some like UO and LIneage are among the longest running games still out there and have watched many a "Casual" game shut down in there lives..
  • DeVoDeVoDeVoDeVo Member UncommonPosts: 106
    Daft said:

• Repercussions for criminal activity - think twice before slaying innocent people!

All these type games make this statement.  I think gank/griefers get a good chuckle out of the suckers that think it matters.
    anemo
    edited July 2018
    Scorchien said:
       Cmon Jean -Luc , "nobody" is quite a reach and not necessary to make your point ...

With most players almost never leaving high security (source: the developers).

Thanks to Trammel, 100% PvE world, where most of the players are.

You're kidding here, right? Good base? Or did you mean "ghost base"? ;)

Bad example again, in DAoC you aren't forced into PvP and you can level 100% with PvE. And that's not FFA PvP with full looting either.

You mean "had"? And Albion only had full loot in specific red zones.

Asian players. And it's also not full loot.

Most of the examples you cited are actually proving my point. Those games work because they have severe restrictions on PvP (or no forced PvP at all) and no full loot either.
    Soo what game are we talking about here that has Full/Loot  Forced pvp zero safe areas , does it even exist ....All those games are commonly regarded as the most leaning towards that rule set , they are no ohers , What game are you referencing and lobbying against ,, It does not exist and has never existed ..

So what is the point .. you dont like what has never existed ..

The games listed are all the games that have some point of the rule set discussed No GAMe has or has had ever the rule set you decsribe ..

edited July 2018
    Scorchien said:

Eve has no Safe areas ive been ganked in Hisec along with thousands of others ..

Umm i still play UO toiday , and Felucca has its fair share of pop LOg in and around abit , you will learn quickly ..

No not kidding , A base that supports its development and turns a profit ..

Bad example again, in DAoC you aren't forced into PvP and you can level 100% with PvE. And that's not FFA PvP with full looting either.

No game as all the reqs you lobby against .. DOAC has forced PVP in 50% of its game ..

No has .. altho i dont like it there are Many playing it right now ..

Asian people dont count now ????    And as stated NO game as the complete rule set you lobby against
    Most of the examples you cited are actually proving my point. Those games work because they have severe restrictions on PvP (or no forced PvP at all) and no full loot either.

edited July 2018
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:

Soo what game are we talking about here that has Full/Loot  Forced pvp zero safe areas , does it even exist ....
    UO had it at release... and we all know how it ended: the developers were forced to patch in Trammel in a hurry to stop the massive player bleeding and save the game, specially with AC1 and EQ being released and both offering 100% PvE alternatives.

The developers of the game we are talking about here seem to want to reproduce a pre-trammel UO experience. And history tells us that it just doesn't work.
      Umm UO had/has plenty of Safe Areas if a player had even a small knowledge of the game ,and being remotley aware of your surroundings, and Trammel was not patched in, in a hurry , it was already being worked on for Land also , was as badly needed , the outcry on the forums for no land to build on was as loud as the outcry of careless carebears wanting there own playground ..  So in the entire history of the genre your example that provided the Rule set you lobby against is Pre Trammel UO , and that is not even true ..

So the game never existed and will never exist that you have such a distaste for

History alos tells us that there are lots of people still playing on Felucca and on Free servers with a pre-Trammel rule set ...

Because you dont like does not mean there is no place for it in the industry , there most certainly is , as the examples i showed have all had a level of success in the genre , if game is turning a profit and providing new content and support for its players its a success just like any other business
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:

Soo what game are we talking about here that has Full/Loot  Forced pvp zero safe areas , does it even exist ....
    Worlds Adrift comes to mind, Darkfall in some of its now closed iterations. 

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited July 2018
    Kyleran said:
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:

Both have safe areas

The game soem talk about has never existed and does not exist

Worlds Adsrift has starter isle , and is in EA , we dont know what it will have at full launch , so really not applicable .. And there community is already requesting T1 safe areas to build and learn in and secure storage , Im certain some version will be implemented by retail..

In regard to Worlds Adrift ...  from the dev ..

"The good news, as it were, is that Bossa isn't anywhere near done adding content to the game and one of the upcoming features of alliance territory control includes the ability for the controlling alliance to switch off weapons. This will create player controlled safe(r) zones where we'll get to try out all the issues that come up when pistols, cannons and swivels don't work. "

Darkfall , all towns were safe

Post edited by Scorchien on
    edited July 2018
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:

UO had it at release... and we all know how it ended: the developers were forced to patch in Trammel in a hurry to stop the massive player bleeding and save the game, specially with AC1 and EQ being released and both offering 100% PvE alternatives.

The developers of the game we are talking about here seem to want to reproduce a pre-trammel UO experience. And history tells us that it just doesn't work.
      Umm UO had/has plenty of Safe Areas if a player had even a small knowledge of the game ,and being remotley aware of your surroundings, and Trammel was not patched in, in a hurry , it was already being worked on for Land also , was as badly needed , the outcry on the forums for no land to build on was as loud as the outcry of careless carebears wanting there own playground ..  So in the entire history of the genre your example that provided the Rule set you lobby against is Pre Trammel UO , and that is not even true ..

So the game never existed and will never exist that you have such a distaste for

History alos tells us that there are lots of people still playing on Felucca and on Free servers with a pre-Trammel rule set ...

Because you dont like does not mean there is no place for it in the industry , there most certainly is , as the examples i showed have all had a level of success in the genre , if game is turning a profit and providing new content and support for its players its a success just like any other business
    Except the UO developers them self said back then that Trammel was added to stop the out of control PKing and griefing making players leave the game. I was there. If they just wanted more land, they would simply have added PvP facet.

And no, there are not "lots" of players on those PvP servers compared to PvE servers.

You seem to confuse your dreams of the ideal game millions would want to play with reality. Fact is, Full loot FFA PvP games have never been successful, even less if you compare to the population of PvE games and games with optional/protected PvP.
      Trammel was in development for more land at the time the situation was liquid .. Ask Raph next time hes here ..

There are enough , like i said go take a walk thru the Felucca , let me know how that goes ..
     I never said Millions .. you did .. show where i said that .. you cant

And again the game you describe does not exist and will not ... Unless you consider Fortnite an MMO now ..

So if we are discussing the games that are closest to the rule set that the comunity associates with Full Loot FFA PVP , those games are listed(that have some form of the rules or another)  and each has/has a level of success , as each supports iself , its developers and continue to churn out content for its community while showing a profit ..

How do you define success ???    

And in addition to why do you care so much , they are not enough Casual PVE game out there for you .... 

Scorchien said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:

Both have safe areas

The game soem talk about has never existed and does not exist

Worlds Adsrift has starter isle , and is in EA , we dont know what it will have at full launch , so really not applicable .. And there community is already requesting T1 safe areas to build and learn in and secure storage , Im certain some version will be implemented by retail..

In regard to Worlds Adrift ...  from the dev ..

"The good news, as it were, is that Bossa isn't anywhere near done adding content to the game and one of the upcoming features of alliance territory control includes the ability for the controlling alliance to switch off weapons. This will create player controlled safe(r) zones where we'll get to try out all the issues that come up when pistols, cannons and swivels don't work. "

Darkfall , all towns were safe

As is often the case in discussions on these forums, you are being unnecessarily literal.

A few safe towns where normally no progression can take place or level caps that prevent PVP until exceeded don't disqualify a title from being classified as FFA PVP.

[Deleted User]anemommolouPhry

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    deniter said:

Stopped reading there.
    Spot on. Nothing more to see here.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests