Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any bets over Camelot Unchained launching beta July 4th?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
What do you guys think the chances are of the Camelot Unchained beta launching July 4th?  I don't think I get in on this stage, anyway, with my lowest tier pledge.

http://massivelyop.com/2018/06/30/camelot-unchaineds-4th-of-july-beta-launch-prospects-are-still-too-close-to-call/

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited July 2018
    What I had missed previously was this validation in Masively of something I put forward a month or so back that GDPR compliance was going to have an impact on smaller indie game devs.

"while the team was originally on schedule, GDPR compliance requirements created a huge setback for the beta as key employees worked on dealing with bureaucracy instead of fixing mission-critical bugs. Consequently, as CSE’s Mark Jacobs notes in yesterday’s stream, whether or not the beta actually launches Wednesday is still “too close to call.”
    Scot[Deleted User]JamesGoblin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    As for the question asked by the OP, I don't believe its possible for any team to fix and properly test the resolution of 40 bugs in such a short time frame. 

They waited this long, better to push the date out another month and do it right still.
    d_20meddyckJamesGoblin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited July 2018
    Kyleran said:
    As for the question asked by the OP, I don't believe its possible for any team to fix and properly test the resolution of 40 bugs in such a short time frame. 

They waited this long, better to push the date out another month and do it right still.
    I'd surmise that depends on the type of bugs.  I haven't followed links (I'm lazy and it's late)...  What kind of bugs are we talking about?  If it's not a substantial amount of game-breaking bugs, you could launch with them still existing without hurting yourself too much.
    Kyleran

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    yeah, i mean july 4th would be a fun date, but i get the paperwork, bureaucracy GDPR requirements where they had to put their manpower in there to get that up to scratch.  i mean thats life.  stuff always gets pushed back. i dont mind anymore, cuz those turing GPUs wont be released before august, and third party suppliers wont have theirs out until after that. so i'm in no rush for this game.  

even if this game came out today, i wouldnt have the turing i'd want to run it, so i dont mind waiting a bit more. 

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    edited July 2018
    If the over/under is a 50% chance of launching on July 4, I'll take the under.
    JamesGoblin

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    edited July 2018
    I will take a bet of 4th of July to 1 against.

Here is how it works: If I lose I will post on here four times that I lost. If you lose you only have to post once.

P.S As the 4th of July is the day you colonials decided that the tax on tea was too high or some such, that day does not get much fanfare here. I might need reminding when the day comes. ;)
  • iatesandiatesand Member UncommonPosts: 92
    to be honest, the "game" is not exactly in a beta state. It just isn't there yet not by a long shot
    meddyck