Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Deeper Look at PvP Talents, War Mode & the Bounty Hunter Systems - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    edited June 2018

k61977 said:

The way it was heading was horrible to be honest. There was no team work really needed unless you where trying to do the top end raid content. I mean I could almost solo basic mythics and only really needed a healer for higher ones with maybe a single dps. Legions systems allowed us to basically wreck anything you ran across in PVE there was no challenge whatsoever. As soon as you got your artifact and leveled it up you became a god basically.

The classes are 110 and heading to 120. Of course we're going to be overpowered. We were saving the WoW Universe! If we failed in Antorus, the Legion would have rolled over the Universe. Also...on a side note, at what point does having to level 120 levels get ridiculous. I know they have boosts, but they're 60 bucks each toon. Next few expans and we're at level 150! Ludacris Speed Now! GOOOOOOO! P.S. - The challenges (outside of raiding) in this expansion were mage tower and Mythic +. 15+ levels and higher in mythic + IS challenging, specially if you're puggin...
  • pureremedypureremedy Member UncommonPosts: 42

I’m not sure how I feel about this expansion, more focus on world PvP and world content sounds fun, but the class designs of wow seem to get worse every expansion. I say this as someone who enjoys wow (still), BFA doesn’t really have me hyped at all. It seems to be doing a few interesting things but overall kind of has that feel of, “we don’t really know where to go from here” attitude from the devs.

Then you go into content gating and parsing content out over several months that is clearly done it gets tiresome to play the game the way Ion tells us too.

I hope it ends being a good expansion but I kind of think it’s going to end up being a bit of a disaster like WoD.

The problem is this game has been out to long so no matter how many new paints of coat you put on it its still the same wall, wow needs to already finish this same old shit and do something like FFXIV did and if they can't do it then get Yoshi P to give Blizzard some pointers.
    Viper482
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

k61977 said:

The way it was heading was horrible to be honest. There was no team work really needed unless you where trying to do the top end raid content. I mean I could almost solo basic mythics and only really needed a healer for higher ones with maybe a single dps. Legions systems allowed us to basically wreck anything you ran across in PVE there was no challenge whatsoever. As soon as you got your artifact and leveled it up you became a god basically.

The classes are 110 and heading to 120. Of course we're going to be overpowered. We were saving the WoW Universe! If we failed in Antorus, the Legion would have rolled over the Universe. Also...on a side note, at what point does having to level 120 levels get ridiculous. I know they have boosts, but they're 60 bucks each toon. Next few expans and we're at level 150! Ludacris Speed Now! GOOOOOOO! P.S. - The challenges (outside of raiding) in this expansion were mage tower and Mythic +. 15+ levels and higher in mythic + IS challenging, specially if you're puggin...
    Well, in general, Blizzard has already allowed the levels and player power bloat to get to ridiculous levels.  Over 100 levels, millions of HP, etc..

The fact that you have to go Mythic + 15 just to experience, as you say, a challenge kind of speaks to the point.  Blizzard apparently hates horizontal progression.

• Jrich_cpJrich_cp Member UncommonPosts: 63

Margrave said:

I was going to come back to level a Dark Iron Dwarf, but the requirements to unlock them are too time consuming for me. If I buy the expansion, and pay for the sub it should just be unlocked imo.

Oh well. I guess I'll just keep playing on a private vanilla server for now. Once the legitimate ones are available I'll move to those.

This is great. Apparently its too time consuming to play an expansion that is in a game (that is noticeably sped up and quicker than it used to be) one time through but has no problem playing vanilla which is tedious and takes a long time to do anything, but complains that the new faster version takes too long. No mention of the fact that dark iron dwarf start at 20 (presumably) and you would have to go through the even more tedious task of leveling on up just to get back to the content that was too time consuming for you to do in the first place.

I think you just dont like current wow.
    Leiloni
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Jrich_cp said:

Margrave said:

I was going to come back to level a Dark Iron Dwarf, but the requirements to unlock them are too time consuming for me. If I buy the expansion, and pay for the sub it should just be unlocked imo.

Oh well. I guess I'll just keep playing on a private vanilla server for now. Once the legitimate ones are available I'll move to those.

This is great. Apparently its too time consuming to play an expansion that is in a game (that is noticeably sped up and quicker than it used to be) one time through but has no problem playing vanilla which is tedious and takes a long time to do anything, but complains that the new faster version takes too long. No mention of the fact that dark iron dwarf start at 20 (presumably) and you would have to go through the even more tedious task of leveling on up just to get back to the content that was too time consuming for you to do in the first place.

From what I understand, unlocking the races requires a lot of extra achievement stuff like flying.  No, I don't want to do every quest chain in every part of the Broken Isles on one character.  Not only is it largely useless because I hit cap already, but it presupposes everyone plays for the same reason: questing and achievements.  I play MMORPGs for neither.

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Jrich_cp said:

Margrave said:

Part of me doesn't like the current wow.

If I buy an expansion for a new race, I want to get what I gave money for. I don't want to have to spend time in addition to money to get achievements I don't care about.

Leveling a new character is what I would want to do. Not grinding a pointless achievement.

If the new race requires the achievement, then why would I give them money also. No thank you.
    [Deleted User]
  • DrewwhoDrewwho Member CommonPosts: 17
    the emphasis on world pvp in this expansion is what I enjoyed about WoW in the first place back in 2005 . I have not subscribed in nearly 10 years to the game but I have gone back several times on welcome back offers . I've never really given much thought to going back because I felt it was way too easy one shotting mobs while questing but this time it seems something has changed for the better . It was actually reasonably challenging and fun to quest again and I am seriously considering trying it out again at some point . The only thing that puts me off is I know its community is infamously bad but who knows I might get lucky and find a nice friendly chilled out mature guild to hang out with .
    Drewwho said:
    the emphasis on world pvp in this expansion is what I enjoyed about WoW in the first place back in 2005 . I have not subscribed in nearly 10 years to the game but I have gone back several times on welcome back offers . I've never really given much thought to going back because I felt it was way too easy one shotting mobs while questing but this time it seems something has changed for the better . It was actually reasonably challenging and fun to quest again and I am seriously considering trying it out again at some point . The only thing that puts me off is I know its community is infamously bad but who knows I might get lucky and find a nice friendly chilled out mature guild to hang out with .
    You're going to find Unicorns?! Awesome!
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited June 2018

Jrich_cp said:

Margrave said:

From what I understand, unlocking the races requires a lot of extra achievement stuff like flying.  No, I don't want to do every quest chain in every part of the Broken Isles on one character. 

That's not at all true. All you need to do is complete the achievement for completing the quest story in that particular region, which takes a few hours max. Then you need Exalted for that faction which involves a variety of things, but nothing that takes more than 1-2 hours a day. You can finish in 2-3 weeks of very casual daily play.
    MadFrenchie
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266

Jrich_cp said:

Margrave said:

You don't have to level up if you don't want to. You can use a race change on an existing character and race change them to the allied race if you want. Alternatively you can use your Legion or BFA level boost on your allied race.

The only thing you need to level them for is if you want the special heritage armor, which is meh IMO.
    If I buy an expansion for a new race, meaning I'm spending money, and I also have to pay for a sub too, I want that race when I give them money. They want me to waste more time getting a foolish achievement just to waste more time to get them more sub money. No thank you. If I buy a new race to level, which I'm wanting to do, level, then I want that race at the time of purchase.

I currently play titles with no sub. I find the sub model old, out of date now. I'm just going to go back to ESO, and a vanillia wow server for now. Thanks.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    pvp, when u are too lazy add new pve content to game.
    MargraveViper482
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    Margrave said:
    If I buy an expansion for a new race, meaning I'm spending money, and I also have to pay for a sub too, I want that race when I give them money. They want me to waste more time getting a foolish achievement just to waste more time to get them more sub money. No thank you. If I buy a new race to level, which I'm wanting to do, level, then I want that race at the time of purchase.

I currently play titles with no sub. I find the sub model old, out of date now. I'm just going to go back to ESO, and a vanillia wow server for now. Thanks.
    Do you want them to give you the end game gear too while they are at it? Apparently you think you have to get everything that comes with an expansion instantly because you pay money for it. You are just making excuses for not to play this game. Just stop dude... If you don't wanna play it, ok just don't. In the end nobody cares. But stop acting like a spoiled 2000 liner which only wants instant gratification. Blizzard doesn't sell new races they are selling a new expansion. Those races are one of the new futures which you need to progress if you want to get it. How can a person QQ about something so little and at the same time can play Vanilla is beyond me. Every tiny detail in Vanilla takes time. But it is soo hard to unlock a race that requires nothing but some dailies for a couple weeks. And btw if you just play the damn game you don't even need to grind to unlock those races. It comes naturally.
    Leiloni[Deleted User]
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    Arskaaa said:
    pvp, when u are too lazy add new pve content to game.
    Either you are a troll or a complate .... I won't say it. I don't wanna get a ban. I already have a warning. It is so pathatic that you can come up with a comment like this that I can't even describe it without insulting you.
    [Deleted User]
    Nepheth said:
    Margrave said:

Do you want them to give you the end game gear too while they are at it? Apparently you think you have to get everything that comes with an expansion instantly because you pay money for it. You are just making excuses for not to play this game. Just stop dude... If you don't wanna play it, ok just don't. In the end nobody cares. But stop acting like a spoiled 2000 liner which only wants instant gratification. Blizzard doesn't sell new races they are selling a new expansion. Those races are one of the new futures which you need to progress if you want to get it. How can a person QQ about something so little and at the same time can play Vanilla is beyond me. Every tiny detail in Vanilla takes time. But it is soo hard to unlock a race that requires nothing but some dailies for a couple weeks. And btw if you just play the damn game you don't even need to grind to unlock those races. It comes naturally.

I said I want to level a toon. I don't want to use a level boost. The major part of the game is the journey, not the end game. I don't care about raids, or end game max gear. Yes vanilla takes time, but I'm spending money either to play on these vanilla servers. My point is about once I spend money.

And yes Blizzard is selling new races. They are advertised as part of the expansion. They are a part of what you are going to get with it. So yes they are selling them. With a time sync attached to generate more sub money from their playerbase. They not only have a sub, but a cash shop too! They're double dippers! The achievement requirement, and exaulted requirement are little more than tactics to force people to be subbed longer. Boo.

And I'm only insteresting in instant gratification once I have to pay money. If it was a f2p it would be different. Their greed is showing.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited June 2018
    I just hate how they drastically change how classes play from one expansion to the next. Glad to see them getting back to Orc vs Humans though....what is Warcraft without war between the Horde and Alliance? This whole kumbaya thing can die a painful death.
    KalebGrayson
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    "WoW" That game looks awfully dated!
    KalebGraysonViper482