Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review in Progress - Burning Rubber to Stores Near You - The Crew 2 Columns

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageReview in Progress - Burning Rubber to Stores Near You - The Crew 2 Columns

The Crew 2 is coming out of the gates with its engines going full blast. Weather it's with tires squealing as you drift through turns or the roar of your boat as you gun it down waterways or the sound of your propeller as you turn and do barrel rolls through the sky in your plane, the game seeks to deliver a fun and unique gaming experience to you the player. But is it delivering on everything it promises? We'll dig a little deeper on a few areas in this review in progress of The Crew 2.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• FrozenyearroundFrozenyearround Member UncommonPosts: 155
    edited June 2018
    I've read there isnt a lot to do. I read somewhere after ten hours you pretty much have tried everything then the grind sets in. I currently have all the reward cars from the crew unlocked and ready to go but I will wait to purchase the crew 2. Mainly cause I'm in forza horizon 3.
    Post edited by Frozenyearround on
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    The crew 2 is fun for what it is, Arcade racer with nice looking open world and good customization options . I think people who never played the first game will enjoy this more than those that did for obvious reasons. If you are looking for a racing sim and playing anything other than I-Racing you are doing it wrong
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620
    Definitely different from the first one. Even with more than 2 years and over 200 hours in the first one, I am waiting on this one. Maybe I will pick it up in December when the multiplayer gets added, unless I can find it somewhere else (for free or steep discount) first. Either way, imho I much prefer the first to this new one. But I am well aware that others may not feel the same way. I would have most likely been happier if they kept the leveling and customization of the first one, instead of going with this new silly "followers" and "fame" system.
    JeffSpicoli
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    It feels great to play, and there is a huge variety, but I'm so shocked that there's no VS mode at launch... would have been worth it to wait until that was ready.
    JeffSpicoli

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

I've read there isnt a lot to do. I read somewhere after ten hours you pretty much have tried everything then the grind sets in. I currently have all the reward cars from the crew unlocked and ready to go but I will wait to purchase the crew 2. Mainly cause I'm in forza horizon 3.

Not worse than games like Forza/Horizon or Need for speed. And here you at least have the variety of planes and boats. And since there are a bunch of free content coming post launch i think one will have enough to do. =)

This have been a good conversation

• evolgrinzevolgrinz Member UncommonPosts: 151
    Free DLC? Then what is the season pass they sell for?
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    evolgrinz said:
    Free DLC? Then what is the season pass they sell for?
    It gives you access to the new cars 7 days earlier than other players, and I assume for free as opposed to having to use in game currency to buy them. It's a lot like the R6:S model or the For Honor model.