Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project Gorgon has launched on Steam for $40 ($30 on sale)

12345679»

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    The community has convinced me.  Gonna give this one a try.  A good case of the community helping me make a decision about a game in a positive way.  Was on the fence, but after watching this thread, and look at the steam reviews, I'm gonna take the plunge.  Looking forward to it.
    lahnmir[Deleted User]

I self identify as a monkey.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    mgilbrtsn said:
    The community has convinced me.  Gonna give this one a try.  A good case of the community helping me make a decision about a game in a positive way.  Was on the fence, but after watching this thread, and look at the steam reviews, I'm gonna take the plunge.  Looking forward to it.
    Exactly my thoughts too the community rocks and a very good reason to invest in this game.
    [Deleted User]Kyleran

• Pr3sid3ntSkr00bPr3sid3ntSkr00b Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Nah too expensive for me. Maybe if it was f2p w/loot boxes I'd be all in.....
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Well, I'm no longer playing, but only because I don't want to sink much time into a game that will have a wipe.  I found the game charming, unique and immersive.  I'll definitely play at release!
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Yeah, just read up on that!  I'd might as well keep playing.
    [Deleted User]
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited April 2018
    Haven't played much the past few days, been busy with Far Cry 5...  But I need to get back on leveling my spider and building Compassion, too.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Any idea how many played before it ever went to Steam? I dont really know why anyone  needs Steam...i'm aware of almsot all of these games long before they feel they have to go to Steam.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited April 2018
    Torval said:
    My character ended up with lice. Just getting from Serbule back to Lawara so I could hang out for an hour and delice was an epic adventure in itself. My character is a level 15 fire / 14 psy wizard.

Mighty, I think skills won't get wiped, only items/gear/materials. They told early adopters and backers a while ago the wouldn't wipe skills unless it was necessary.
    Haha i had lice to .. fun stuff ..

and yes they have repeatedley said that are trying to save all skills..
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Torval said:
    I sort of think they should go with a cleanish slate on skills too, but that ship has sailed. No biggie. I can see the case for keeping them too.

What I love about this game is how epic my adventures are, both in game and the meta of talking in chat and using the community wiki to accomplish my goals. It's one thing to look something up and finding out "where it's at" or "what npc sells the skill". It's another thing entirely figuring out how to make that happen in game.

My choices in the game have had an affect on how my later adventures played out. For example, I left the island via teleporter because I missed the clue to the red force field door in the dungeon.

Later, I found I had lice and wanted back on Anagoge. I knew there were caves in south Serbule Hills, but I didn't know how exactly to get back there. I knew it wasn't going to be a simple clicky port thing.

My journey to the cave entrance entrance ended up happening over a couple of days through several adventures, a few quests, and many trips back to Serbule to restock. Finally, through a game glitch (I got stuck) I ended up getting teleported there. Then, I finally started on my quest to delouse and then explore the dungeon I had missed before.

That one mission opened up a several more npc contacts, quests, and tasks. I also have to make choices on what I'll focus on so I can manage my resources and storage best.
       Awesome story there Torval, and i have had many similar experiences , Ive been playing PG for 4 years now and have promoted it here over the years and one of the things i have repeatedley said is ..
       "  The way that PG has intertwined Crafting, Lore and Social skills, and exploration so that they effect combat and builds is Brilliant and few games have pulled this off ...very few you could count them on one hand and not run out of fingers"
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited April 2018
    As a heads up with steamcharts/spy etc. The numbers will no longer be accurate for any game, since everyone on steam is default set to "private". No site or person can see what game someone is playing, unless either...

A: They are on their friends list
    B: The person purposely sets their profile to public

I think the change is pretty recent though, so the numbers earlier in the thread are still accurate (just not up to date). But with that in mind, looking at steamcharts looks a little over 250 people playing (that means there is more since a lot of people are set to private). That isn't actually bad at all

Ryzom on the other hand only has 7 players on steam, and that number is pretty accurate...might be a couple more, but even before the steam privacy change it had very little players.

Gorgon is doing MUCH MUCH better, and I'd say its doing really great for a two man indie game that is also priced a bit high.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    There was an AMA with the devs on reddit and they were mentioning that they had around 400 player peak during weekdays... though Steamcharts shows 650+.

Besides the low numbers the in-game community feels very active somehow.

It's a very fun game and I'm enjoying it.

They also mentioned future content like two new capitals (very different to each other), a new dungeon, mounts, new races (fairy, dwarf, and orc), new skill trees (Weather Witching <3) etc
    Kyleran[Deleted User][Deleted User]

..Cake..

• yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Do you think the price tag $40 base game justified? I mean I could get to experience the base Tamriel with half of the price they are asking. 
  • VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Is it possible to transfare your beta account to steam?
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Is there any chance a big studio could invest money into this or pick up the Husband Wife team responsible for making this ? Its such a solid MMO with great idea's but just lacking the resources to be amazing
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2018
    thunderC said:
    Is there any chance a big studio could invest money into this or pick up the Husband Wife team responsible for making this ? Its such a solid MMO with great idea's but just lacking the resources to be amazing
    Kind of goes against projects like this in the first place since they want to make the game they want, not make something that will draw in a lot of people with stripped features that a backed company would want. Endurance will honestly end up being the downfall of these crowdfunded mmorpgs since mmorpgs technically have no end, so players honestly have to be satisfied with content updates maybe 1-2 times a year while bugs take months to fix instead of days/weeks from larger teams.
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Have they worked on game performance improvements?