Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Deeper Look at PvP Talents, War Mode & the Bounty Hunter Systems - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageA Deeper Look at PvP Talents, War Mode & the Bounty Hunter Systems - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft News - The World of Warcraft community site has been updated with a deep dive into a variety of features associated with PvP in the upcoming Battle for Azeroth expansion. Readers will get new information about War Mode, the Bounty Hunter System and get a look at the revamped PvP Talent System. Check it out after the jump.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited June 2018
    I'm cautiously optimistic, though it will remain to be seen how War Mode pans out. There needs to be better class balance than there has been in Legion and how successful it will be will largely be determined by how many jerks there are toggled for War Mode. Overall, I like what I'm reading...but then again...that's the operative word: reading. On paper, it sounds swell. In practice...well, we'll see. :)
    NephethKalebGraysonyazuachLeiloniXingbairongViper482

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• DiscipledOneDiscipledOne Member UncommonPosts: 103
    edited June 2018
    I’m not sure how I feel about this expansion, more focus on world PvP and world content sounds fun, but the class designs of wow seem to get worse every expansion. I say this as someone who enjoys wow (still), BFA doesn’t really have me hyped at all. It seems to be doing a few interesting things but overall kind of has that feel of, “we don’t really know where to go from here” attitude from the devs.
    Then you go into content gating and parsing content out over several months that is clearly done it gets tiresome to play the game the way Ion tells us too.
    I hope it ends being a good expansion but I kind of think it’s going to end up being a bit of a disaster like WoD.
  • pratt12200pratt12200 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    And as they move more and more towards PVP it marks another milestone in the long downhill slope of this game.
    NephethKalebGraysondenitergegecoucLeilonimarganculosMyrdynnZenerenMange1
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    edited June 2018
    I really can't wait for this. I'm glad after the Legion they actually put some effort on the pvp content and tried to fix a lot of things about it. And it actually works! Legion was an emberessment when it's come to pvp even for a game like WoW which is a pve focused game. Now the only thing left is the class balance. Like I said it looks pretty good on the beta right now but I have to test the classes in the end game to believe that they are actually balanced. I hope things won't change too much when we hit 120 and gear up with all those end game azerite gear.

FFS People act like they are only adding pvp content with this expension. Umm hello all the pve content is still there and it is actually amazing. How is it so bad that they are adding something for pvp players too? Like wtf!? People on this forum are hopeless... This is WoW not some poorly made asian mmo shit. Blizzard won't stop adding pve content and make the whole game as a pvp mmorpg...
    SBFord[Deleted User]yazuachLeiloniwinghaven1etlar
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

Nepheth said:

I really can't wait for this. I'm glad after the Legion they actually put some effort on the pvp content and tried to fix a lot of things about it. And it actually works! Legion was an emberessment when it's come to pvp even for a game like WoW which is a pve focused game. Now the only thing left is the class balance. Like I said it looks pretty good on the beta right now but I have to test the classes in the end game to believe that they are actually balanced. I hope things won't change too much when we hit 120 and gear up with all those end game azerite gear.

FFS People act like they are only adding pvp content with this expension. Umm hello all the pve content is still there and it is actually amazing. How is it so bad that they are adding something for pvp players too? Like wtf!? People on this forum are hopeless... This is WoW not some poorly made asian mmo shit. Blizzard won't stop adding pve content and make the whole game as a pvp mmorpg...

spot on

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823

And as they move more and more towards PVP it marks another milestone in the long downhill slope of this game.

Its actually quite the opposite.

There are a few interesting additions to PvP but WoW as a whole is much less PvP oriented than ever in BFA.

War Mode is now the only way to open PvP because PvP servers are no more. Servers are now PvE or RP.
    [Deleted User]
  • jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    All of this sounds awesome, especially dueler's guild. I hope the assassin system keeps stealthed rogues visible though, or they have a huge advantage when becoming an assassin. Main things I'm looking forward to in BfA is this new PvP stuff and warfronts.
    yazuach
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    jusomdude said:
    All of this sounds awesome, especially dueler's guild. I hope the assassin system keeps stealthed rogues visible though, or they have a huge advantage when becoming an assassin. Main things I'm looking forward to in BfA is this new PvP stuff and warfronts.
    Dont' forget Mages and Druids!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    SBFord said:
    jusomdude said:
    Dont' forget Mages and Druids!
    SSSHHH!  My Mage actually becomes full-on un-targetable during Invisibility.  Don't highlight it or they'll do something about it!

• MrdGamezMrdGamez Member UncommonPosts: 58
    I see a lot misinformed people here on this forum, these people did not even play the Beta to understand what’s going on. It is called an evolution of an MMORPG and for BFA Blizzard has nailed it once more PVE as always top and this time around also the PVP aspect of the game. I played the Beta (2 char lvl 120 Hunter and Demon Hunter) and I can tell you it is amazing!
    KalebGraysondenitermarganculos
  • PresciencePrescience Member UncommonPosts: 255
    I'm very excited about this!
    SBFord
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I looked at the screenshot for the article and though "what cheap new MMORPG is this about?" XD What's with that sword? It looks like Deadpool with his hand growing back grabbing an dagger.
    KalebGrayson
  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    Good stuff. As long as we don't see the open world PvP system of legion in BfA. So focused on instanced PvP that the world pvp was just we todd did.
    SBFord
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    wow this game looks horribly old
    KalebGraysonXoph

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • DiscipledOneDiscipledOne Member UncommonPosts: 103

MrdGamez said:

I see a lot misinformed people here on this forum, these people did not even play the Beta to understand what’s going on. It is called an evolution of an MMORPG and for BFA Blizzard has nailed it once more PVE as always top and this time around also the PVP aspect of the game. I played the Beta (2 char lvl 120 Hunter and Demon Hunter) and I can tell you it is amazing!

I played wow’s beta and have played a lot of every expansion. It’s not misinformed to just not like some of the changes they’ve made. I understand some of their changes but just don’t like all of them. BFA Sounds cool to me in many respects but I’m just not all that hyped for it like I have been other expansions.
    I really believe this expansion doesn’t fee as big or interesting as Legion or WoTLK, I guess we’ll find out.
    SBFordKalebGrayson
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,500
    I have played some of the new stuff and it isn't really a big change from what we have always had in an xpac. The rework classes, change the builds, ect... Feels like this xpac is mostly for the pvp people which is fine. They haven't really had one since vanilla in reality. I am ok with the devs giving them a xpac for a change. There is a good bit of PVE also. In reality the changes to the pvp system I think will be welcome to most. It just might bring back some of the old world take this and hold it pvp in open world.

Just like with every xpac you will have to learn to replay your class. They really did do away with the being able to blindly run in an kill everything. It kinda has the old feel where you had to take your time and not just run and gun, AoE the place down. To me this is a welcome change, but to those with no patience that want an fps feel to the game will most likely hate it. The GCD are going to make those same people create rant after rant on forums like they already are. The only place I saw where the GCD will cause issues if you get a random group that refusing to work together in groups and not attack the tanks target or what their own aggro. If the tank just popped their major taunt/anything to pull aggro back to them, they most likely will not be able to pick up the mobs. Then just like they used to they will blame the tanks and healers for everything.

The way it was heading was horrible to be honest. There was no team work really needed unless you where trying to do the top end raid content. I mean I could almost solo basic mythics and only really needed a healer for higher ones with maybe a single dps. Legions systems allowed us to basically wreck anything you ran across in PVE there was no challenge whatsoever. As soon as you got your artifact and leveled it up you became a god basically.

Overall glad to see them trying to take the game in a different direction, it was much needed. Glad they are finely giving the pvp people some love to, even if I don't pvp that much anymore. What little I actually did play of the pve was good. And like I said just took some time to get used to the new setup and thing was good to go.

MadFrenchie
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited June 2018
    This sounds really good. Can't wait for it.

But can we talk about that half human, half draenei thing in the banner image? Lol what is that?
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    edited June 2018
    How is it that
    SBFord said:
    the only other players they will see out in the world will be others who are similarly marked?
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited June 2018
    Galadourn said:
    How is it that
    SBFord said:
    the only other players they will see out in the world will be others who are similarly marked?

Phasing. The same way they've been doing for years and most recently when you join a group for a World Quest. Even regular leveling zone are cross server now. WoW in many ways serves as a megaserver game without actually having a megaserver. 

So with the new PvP system, you toggle Warmode On and Off in the faction capital, and from then on the only people you see in the world are other players - from any server in your region, but I think preferring your own maybe? - who are flagged the same way you are. You're in a Phase with other Warmode On players or Peace Mode on, depending on what you chose.

SBFord
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

Leiloni said:

Galadourn said:

How is it that

SBFord said:

Phasing. The same way they've been doing for years and most recently when you join a group for a World Quest. Even regular leveling zone are cross server now. WoW in many ways serves as a megaserver game without actually having a megaserver. 

So with the new PvP system, you toggle Warmode On and Off in the faction capital, and from then on the only people you see in the world are other players - from any server in your region, but I think preferring your own maybe? - who are flagged the same way you are. You're in a Phase with other Warmode On players or Peace Mode on, depending on what you chose.

that's the most horrible thing one can do to a MMO (imho)... completely obliterates the sense of persistence and continuity in the game world.
    deniter
  • GameolioDanGameolioDan Member UncommonPosts: 50
    That bounty hunter system sounds interesting.

Tracking down a 'Wanted' person to some random cavern, with your team of Boba Fetts, only to be ambushed by the bounty and his gang of sneaky punks.

Fun times ahead! :)
    ScotSBFord
    G'day! Aussie guy that records videos of his gameplay. I stream gameplay too.

Youtube: http://youtube.com/c/gameoliodan
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/gameoliodan
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

SBFord said:

I'm cautiously optimistic, though it will remain to be seen how War Mode pans out. There needs to be better class balance than there has been in Legion and how successful it will be will largely be determined by how many jerks there are toggled for War Mode.

Overall, I like what I'm reading...but then again...that's the operative word: reading. On paper, it sounds swell. In practice...well, we'll see. :)

Indeed I really like what I'm reading, but as you said it's after all just reading. That said to be honest the only way this can end up really bad is if like 1 or 2 classes are super overpowered and shit on everyone else otherwise I think that it should be good.

Btw I don't get why people say that this can be worst than WoD....
    1st. It has more stuff to do than Legion, so it's already better. If you can't handle GCD then I really don't know what to say. Maybe try Tetris?
    2nd. WoD was better than Legion. What did you have to do in Legion? Farm with 1 char(maybe 2 if you had a lot of spare time) Mythics + and that was it. Nothing else. I don't count raiding because it's present in each expansion. PvP was garbage and the fact that you couldn't use more than 1-2 SPECS(Not chars, but specs ffs) it just made it worst. At least in WoD you could do PvP with all your chars whenever you felt like it.
    SBFord
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    blizz once said it, and i don't think that can be changed now anymore:

this game ain't balanced for pvp. never will be, and they never tried.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Shana77Shana77 Member UncommonPosts: 290

You are literally either insane or clueless if you think this. Legion is without a doubt the pinacle of PVE gaming on any mmo ever, with so many raids, options, things like mythic + raiding and mage tower and raiding old content with scaled difficulty with the timewalking feature. You really this has all suddenly died because Blizzard announces a single new pvp feature?

Even the Warfronts, the classic Warcraft themed build and conquer feature is a completely PVE affair.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    I was going to come back to level a Dark Iron Dwarf, but the requirements to unlock them are too time consuming for me. If I buy the expansion, and pay for the sub it should just be unlocked imo.

Oh well. I guess I'll just keep playing on a private vanilla server for now. Once the legitimate ones are available I'll move to those.
    [Deleted User]