Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MINGER DreamColor RGB Light Strips: An Affordable Way to Make Your Desk Look Great - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageMINGER DreamColor RGB Light Strips: An Affordable Way to Make Your Desk Look Great - MMORPG.com

For many PC gamers, making their rig and desk look good is half the fun of the hobby. In an age when individual case fans can cost more than $30 a piece, what’s a gamer on a budget to do? Today, we’re looking at a pair of affordable DreamColor RGB light strips from MINGER that are ready to spice up your setup. With so many options, though, are they better than the competition?

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Bah! Give me the days when our gaming computers were squat beige utilitarian boxes made of steel. And we liked it that way. There was none of this carbon fiber racing seats or gaming peripherals strobing in multi-color like chameleons at an LSD infused orgy. Its all about power, not looks. Might as well paint go faster racing stripes on your Morris Marina. Pah! Get off my lawn.

That said, after having seen these or at least similar LED light strips in action, they can be quite impressive. >:)

Also Minger. I'm going to assume they aren't a UK company.
    Noooooooo those cases were so damn ugly
    [Deleted User]
  • GazimoffGazimoff Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 225

I just had the same conversation with Chris in our Slack. Being English, there's no way I'm buying them. Imagine having the lads round for a bit of bants and footie, and they ask you where the light show's from...

[Deleted User][Deleted User]Phry
    Player of games, smither of words, former of opinions, and masher of keys. WildStar Columnist
    Currently playing: WildStar, Guild Wars 2, EVE Online, Vain Glory.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    If they don't guarantee a seizure I'm not interested!

No seriously I don't get the appeal of having your PC area look like permanent X-mas.
    EvilGeekOctagon7711
  • OnisDEOnisDE Member UncommonPosts: 47
    If you're interested in more than just being able to toggle some LED lights on an off I suggest looking at a project called hass.io . All my lights, locks, alarm system, and a bunch of other things in my home are fully automated.
    [Deleted User]
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Gorwe said:
    Why would I need this? Wouldn't it simply distract from whatever it is I am doing? ...?
    So you can upload shweet pics of your rig to commemorate the glory permanently in Google image search?

• LenoxLenox Member UncommonPosts: 100
    come on people.. the christmas is coming ... we need more lights !!!! :D
    Octagon7711
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Gorwe said:

Why would I need this? Wouldn't it simply distract from whatever it is I am doing? ...?

The rule of cool.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Gazimoff said:

I just had the same conversation with Chris in our Slack. Being English, there's no way I'm buying them. Imagine having the lads round for a bit of bants and footie, and they ask you where the light show's from...

Being able to say its minging, or a minger, lol, that joke would never ever get old. Definitely not a UK company.
    Kind of hillarious that anyone would even think of using that term to describe something in a good way. :D
    [Deleted User]
  • SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Shame, they don't ship the cheaper version to my country, but the longer one does. :')
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited June 2018
    Bah, I miss the days before gaming was invaded by metrosexuals and fashionistas.

:D 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Kyleran said:
    Bah, I miss the days before gaming was invaded by metrosexuals and fashionistas.

:D 
    well at least now we know where to find the mingers  :p
    [Deleted User]