Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next Update to Include New Festival Instances & the Return of an Old, Yet Reworked, Foe - Lord of th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageNext Update to Include New Festival Instances & the Return of an Old, Yet Reworked, Foe - Lord of the Rings Online - MMORPG.com

Lord of the Rings Online News - The patch notes for Update 22.3 have been posted on the Lord of the Rings Online forum. This time, players can look forward to new festival instances to celebrate the summer season. The Perfect Picnic allows players from level 10-115 to take part in either a solo instance all the way up to a raid instance to win some awesome new rewards. In Boss from the Vaults, Thrang makes a return in a newly overhauled form to challenge parties of six with new rewards as well.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• elfdragon21elfdragon21 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Ways to improved this game:
    1. I think they need to work on attracting new players first. There is already tons of group content that no one is playing. The last time I was able to find a group was for PVP. I have tried the grouping tool and I sat for hours with zilch. I hope they get smart and make this game more appealing to new players.
    2.How about have a more structured intro to where you get armor for leveling. Also, the beginning quest loot is awful, just worthless armor.
    3.The passive race skills are so insignificant it is laughable. -7 will and +1% Disease and Poison Resistance for High Elves, wtf? They need to improve these so that each race is distinguishable from each other.
    4. The skill visuals are boring and with some you hardly notice you did anything, so improve those.
    I could go on and on, but these would be a good start.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I would like a new company with deep pockets to create a Middle Earth Online MMORPG, that would encompass all the lore from The Silmarillion up where the lore ended.

They would have fresh new super servers with lag-free PvP!

I miss you Landy peeps!
    The White Hand fo' Life!

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

Ways to improved this game:

1. I think they need to work on attracting new players first. There is already tons of group content that no one is playing. The last time I was able to find a group was for PVP. I have tried the grouping tool and I sat for hours with zilch. I hope they get smart and make this game more appealing to new players.

2.How about have a more structured intro to where you get armor for leveling. Also, the beginning quest loot is awful, just worthless armor.

3.The passive race skills are so insignificant it is laughable. -7 will and +1% Disease and Poison Resistance for High Elves, wtf? They need to improve these so that each race is distinguishable from each other.

4. The skill visuals are boring and with some you hardly notice you did anything, so improve those.

I could go on and on, but these would be a good start.

I agree with your point 3 emphatically. But, we are the exception, not the rule. Most people want race to be a superficial choice and have no impact on anything other than looks. Its sad that people actively want the rpg in mmorpgs to be far less rpg and not more.

As for group content while leveling up - most games have issues with this. It slows down leveling and is annoying. I avoid group content I can't solo as much as I can while leveling. The people that usually want to do it are more interested in talking and socializing rather than the content they grouped for. I don't know if others feel the way I do, but LotRO is very, very top heavy in character levels since it has been out for a long time. But, end game is all group content and it is easy to find and get groups.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Problem is this is an old game and it isn't that easy to attract new players. So when some new players do try it out not being able to find people to play will not encourage them to stay.
    [Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains