Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Artifact Retirement Quest Now Live & Boosts Your AP to Its Zenith! - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageArtifact Retirement Quest Now Live & Boosts Your AP to Its Zenith! - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft News - With the Battle for Azeroth pre-event slated to start sometime in mid-July, it's time for savvy players to check out the things that will be going away forever once we start down the road to BfA. There is a new post on the World of Warcraft community site that lays out which things will be disappearing and what you can do to make sure your ducks are in a row. Starting right now, the Artifact Retirement quest is now live that will, until the pre-event starts, ramp up power a LOT.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I think the funniest thing about the whole AP system going poof is all the people making fun of the hardcore when they used to spam MoS 238423948293 times to stay ahead of their weapons.
    SBFord
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    @SBFord you have any experience on the beta build for BfA?  I've been reading there's some significant tuning issues that need to be worked out.  As in, "getting two-shotted by non-elites" tuning issues.  Just wondering your opinion considering you've been along for the ride since, like, forever. :D 
    Psym0n

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    @SBFord you have any experience on the beta build for BfA?  I've been reading there's some significant tuning issues that need to be worked out.  As in, "getting two-shotted by non-elites" tuning issues.  Just wondering your opinion considering you've been along for the ride since, like, forever. :D 
    There are some tuning issues that, at least of the last build I've played, aren't fixed. For instance, old raids and dungeons are pretty...impossible. However, it's likely that those will be fixed prior to the launch. The internal Blizzard build is at least 2 ahead of the current player beta build. 

I don't know...in some ways, it feels like this expansion is being rushed out the door without proper tuning, balance, and with the omission of new features that are usually the hallmark of a true expansion.

Put on your tinfoil hat:

BfA is announced in November 2017 with a true beta not starting until May 2018 and alpha being a limited closed event. 

BfA is announced to release in mid-August.

Pre-event starts in mid-July.

This breaks with the more normal pattern of releasing in September or October and then lots of hurrahs during Blizzcon after the first raid tier arrives just before.

My theory is that Blizzard wants something else to be center stage at Blizzcon and for my money, it'll be a new game of some sort. My fanfic reads it'll be a Diablo-themed MMO. :D
    MadFrenchieKalebGraysonScellowwandericaMrMelGibsonSignexjusomdude

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited June 2018
    Interesting!  I wasn't aware of the timeline break from the norm.  I haven't looked too deep into the class changes, but a repeated complaint I'm seeing is players feeling like they've taken away core abilities and stashed them away behind talents and such.  Some believe this contributes to the tuning issues they're experiencing.  Which, if those talents are immediately available at 110, wouldn't bother me too much, as I am not a huge fan of the 3-choice options every 15 levels until Legion.

I've seen mixed reviews of the GCD as well.  One point in particular I found interesting is that (supposedly) the GCD should end up roughly the same as before at max level once Haste is factored in...  But this seems to make Haste a pretty much required stat to stack to some extent.  I'm not sure how much Haste is needed to bring the GCD back in line with it's former self, but that seems like a huge, across the board nerf that will require players to rethink their builds.  
    MrMelGibson

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    I still can't wrap my head around why people continue to talk about "this being not good for a build and that being bad for a build etc..."
    Is it only me that realize that nothing changes? You kill a mob in 3-4 seconds with bad gear in Legion you do the same in BfA. Let's say for example 1 boss takes you 8 minutes to kill in Legion I bet that it won't take 40 in BfA... Nothing changes, except the play style. I don't get why people complain about having to get used to something new(nothing too drastic at that... not like they are changing warriors to ranged and mages to tanks...) isn't that what they want? If not just keep raiding the same old Legion raids till the dawn of time. No one is forcing people to play BfA.

Personally for me the more changes the better. I don't want to have for example my shammy be absolutely the same except have new dungeons, raids, quests to do with it. I want it to be different even if only mildly different because of GCD and "bad changes" like Flame Shock having CD. It might seem bad, but it might not be.

What I'm saying is things might "feel" bad compared to now, but don't necessary means they are. It's obvious that if you are used to something you would feel crappy having that changed.

As for Diablo MMO game(like Lost Ark) I really want that to be the case, but I'm kinda doubtful. Nowadays most companies target either eSports or genres that can bring most money. I'd guess some battle royale crap or HOPEFULLY an eSport RPG AKA Warcraft 4!
    The new HotS map is literally what I Imagine Warcraft 4 should look. Maybe it's a hint?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I still can't wrap my head around why people continue to talk about "this being not good for a build and that being bad for a build etc..."
    Is it only me that realize that nothing changes? You kill a mob in 3-4 seconds with bad gear in Legion you do the same in BfA. Let's say for example 1 boss takes you 8 minutes to kill in Legion I bet that it won't take 40 in BfA... Nothing changes, except the play style. I don't get why people complain about having to get used to something new(nothing too drastic at that... not like they are changing warriors to ranged and mages to tanks...) isn't that what they want? If not just keep raiding the same old Legion raids till the dawn of time. No one is forcing people to play BfA.

Personally for me the more changes the better. I don't want to have for example my shammy be absolutely the same except have new dungeons, raids, quests to do with it. I want it to be different even if only mildly different because of GCD and "bad changes" like Flame Shock having CD. It might seem bad, but it might not be.

What I'm saying is things might "feel" bad compared to now, but don't necessary means they are. It's obvious that if you are used to something you would feel crappy having that changed.

As for Diablo MMO game(like Lost Ark) I really want that to be the case, but I'm kinda doubtful. Nowadays most companies target either eSports or genres that can bring most money. I'd guess some battle royale crap or HOPEFULLY an eSport RPG AKA Warcraft 4!
    The new HotS map is literally what I Imagine Warcraft 4 should look. Maybe it's a hint?
    That's kind of seeing the glass half full imo. Pretty much you're saying its okay for the team to revamp how a class plays or how abilities interact with each other every expansion just to "spice things up." However, there's the only half that sees that as being lazy instead of creating something that can be built on. With wow's current class design, they dont have to worry about what gets carried over into the next expansion since they'll just redesign it again later, kind of making what you did in the current expansion irrelevant.

One thing I'm focused more on is the fact that they are taking more things away as time goes on instead of you either getting more or staying the same. For example, all of the pvp specific stuff we used to have baseline in the game before legion or in the glyph system. Blizzard is pretty much taking the things we used to have already and just giving them to us again to make it seem "new." If some people are fine with that, that's cool and yes Blizzard can only think of so much given how old the game is; however, it isn't the oldest mmorpg on the market.

The real flaw with wow's overall design is just the lack of cohesion. Right now, they are trying to revamp how the entire game works every expansion, which again goes back to stripping and reintroducing things that people used to have, but how long will that keep people engaged? Do you do something like that until people quit and then think how to fix it? Or do you take pre-emptive measures to ensure you dont have to rely on such a method? Whatever the case, people are pretty much expecting a new class after BFA so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. I mean demo locks pretty much lost metamorph to demon hunters for no real reason.