Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks like the WOW killer has finally arrived?

MangledBLMangledBL Member UncommonPosts: 20
That being Battle for Azeroth...  I don't think I can remember a expansion where people have complained so much about the Class changes, which for some reason seem's to be falling on deaf ears..  

Anyone else kinda scared to see what hey have done to destroy your class?  Well anyone but DEMO Warlocks...

World of Warlocks
NephethGhavriggKalebGraysonGaladournGdemamiKlikae

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited June 2018
    MangledBL said:
    That being Battle for Azeroth...  I don't think I can remember a expansion where people have complained so much about the Class changes, which for some reason seem's to be falling on deaf ears..  

Anyone else kinda scared to see what hey have done to destroy your class?  Well anyone but DEMO Warlocks...

World of Warlocks
    You can't remember an expansion where people complained about class changes....? You weren't around in Legion or something? Demo had to sit through the entire expansion being utterly garbage and Destruction didn't get 'fixed' until half way through. Arcane and Frost mage were pretty much garbage dps wise unless you hit a perfect storm of a situation. Warriors were....warriors. Shadow priest is still garbage and will remain garbage in bfa according to Ion. Dunno where you've been my friend. It might 'seem' more controversial cause they 'gave' a lot to classes in legion but honestly people are so stupid that they didn't even realize that Blizzard took a lot of crap away at the start of legion only to give half of it back (half of the stuff in your artifact 'tree' was from glyphs and old talent choices). They're pretty much gonna do the same thing with azerite armor, so people are gonna QQ until they see it and Q less later on. Its obvious WoW is running out of ideas but people seem to be happy as long as they are spoonfed SOMETHING.
    SignexReyone1StoneRoses
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I see what you did there.  You silly goose.

I self identify as a monkey.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    In my opinion this current WOW dev team needs to go, not a fan of where they are taking the game, I was also very disappointed checking out the class changes last night. 
    AlbatroesJeleenaKalebGraysonReyone1NorseGodPhry
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    wow dies for me with the end of wotlk , it seems every expansion since tbc gets worst and worst.

i'm truly looking forward to classic wow, i still play games with 3 of my "vanilla" friends i made in classic, we are going to make a guild and website just like the old days and play the shit out of vanilla all over again, it couldnt come soon enough imo.
    I've lost hope in any other mmorpg taking my interest, i have about 50 different accounts for various mmorpgs that have failed to live up to the hype, bless online being the last straw.

I just hope blizz dont mess this up 

mikeb0817FrodoFraginssacredcow4GhavriggGdemamiMargraveManWithNoTanReyone1
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    RIght the only WoW killer is WoW itself....Yet people still stay (and pay).
    Ungood
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    MangledBL said:

World of Warlocks
    Did you start to play WoW 1-2 weeks ago or something? After the huge class changes in Legion how can someone say that BfA is bad about class changes... Actually it is quite opposite. I'm playing on the beta right now and I tried almost every class and I enjoyed around %90 of the specs and it looks pretty good. I'm active on the forums too. There are same old QQ threats here and there bu other than that nothing is different from the old pre expansion forums. Demo warlocks were miserable in Legion. And it is one of the two classes that got a huge rework on BfA. It doesn't look op too. It is super enjoyable and much MUCH better than Legion but there is nothing op about them. Don't even let me start about the other 2 specs. Like I said you are either trolling or a complately new player to this game.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited June 2018
    thunderC said:
    In my opinion this current WOW dev team needs to go, not a fan of where they are taking the game, I was also very disappointed checking out the class changes last night. 
    Honestly, I'm with you on the current team, or at least its leadership/sub-leadership. What really concerned me about the team was in WoD before it even began, was their simple arrogance 'ensuring people will love Ashran' yet it flopped. They compared garrisons to content like your farm (wrong). On top of this, they simply do not listen to feed back (they didn't make changes to issues known in legion's alpha/beta until half way throw legion's release). The best idea that thousands of people have told their team on the forums with regards to how to deal with titanforging, either bring back valor points and allow us to upgrade to titanforge stage or obliterate raid gear and let us use the points to push the upgrade similar to how obliterating pvp gear gives pvp currency to buy direct gear. But nope, still gonna have the same shyte in legion just 'occuring less often' KNOWING people hate the current system. The current team is way too arrogant and needs a lot of changing. Worse than ghostcrawler imo.
    JeffSpicoli
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    The last few expansions haven't been all that good, but for me it was Legion that was the final nail in the coffin.
    Its been a steady downhill run since Liche King imo. :/
    [Deleted User]Gdemami[Deleted User]
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    For me Legion was the best expans since wotlk
    becaus ethey finally added some character progression at max level other then plane gear/stat progression

they removed all and everyhthing that made progression fun..
    sure the RNG based drops didn’t work for legendaries, but wih a true progression system, legendaries would have worked incredibly well...

the azurite system that replaces them is a huge fal so far, it was supposed to replace both legendaries as well as the ap system..  it just doesnt perform well.. i would say, not at all.
    and adding many insta skills to the gcd, is so stupid, a good tank could react to the situation and save the party with 2 insta skills, now it takes them like 3 secs..  

they also allready said that some specs will not work as intended untill patch 8.1, for a Blizzard game that is plasphemy..

no possiive things?
    yes sure, the new system actually replacing pvp servers might actually bring back world pvp
    and the new island discoveries mixing pve and pvp are very promissing..

but overall, he statement of the OP might be right, where Legion was hugely succesfull and brought people back and kept them playing.. BFA is 3 steps backwards and will chase them away..
    JeleenaCazriel

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    edited June 2018
    There definitely seems to be a LOT more concern with the CD and class changes than I've seen in the past.  This expansion holds no interest for me as it strikes me as a typical filler expansion which has been the case with every expansion after WOTLK except for Legion.

Barring a last minute change of heart, this is the first expansion I will skip on release.  Even the free weekend couldn't pull me away from POE.

they also allready said that some specs will not work as intended untill patch 8.1, for a Blizzard game that is plasphemy..

That's really bad but typical for Blizzard and WOW expansions.  They announce dates and stick to em regardless of quality.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Aori said:
    No pretty sure this http://www.darklegacycomics.com/637 is par for the course for my Shaman.
    Shaman! The class that even Blizzard said that dying is a mechanic ;)

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    Through all the years of hype for WoW-killers, I maintained one opinion:  The only game capable of killing WoW was WoW. 

Has that time arrived?  This expansion is so lackluster, so uninteresting, so boring that after playing the beta I can honestly say that even if they gave it to me for free, I wouldn't play it.  It's Legion, part d'uh.
    KalebGrayson
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Robokapp said:
    MangledBL said:

World of Warlocks
    it's dead, Jim. only 10 million players. 
    That was the high from legion.  It was at 5.5 before that, wasn't it?  What are the pre-expansion subscription numbers now?  
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    IDK, of the recent expansions, I really enjoyed them, other than WoD.  I thought Pandaria was charming, and Legion was great to play through the PvE stories.  But then, that's what I do in WoW these days.  I play through the open world zones, do some dungeons, get to max level, and quit.  I don't really have any long-term goals or expectations, so there's nothing to be disappointed about.
    k61977Rnjypsy
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Robokapp said:
    blamo2000 said:
    Robokapp said:
    MangledBL said:

World of Warlocks
    it's dead, Jim. only 10 million players. 
    That was the high from legion.  It was at 5.5 before that, wasn't it?  What are the pre-expansion subscription numbers now?  
    I'm not sure. perhaps less than 20 times more than the next 5 MMo's combined only?
    That may be true but there is 100% difference that 5 million and 10 million.  Even if it is down to 2 or 3 million it is still wildly successful still after 14 years, and still making tons of money.  

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,500
    IDK, of the recent expansions, I really enjoyed them, other than WoD.  I thought Pandaria was charming, and Legion was great to play through the PvE stories.  But then, that's what I do in WoW these days.  I play through the open world zones, do some dungeons, get to max level, and quit.  I don't really have any long-term goals or expectations, so there's nothing to be disappointed about.
    This!  Don't raid at all unless I just want to see the story behind it.  Maybe go knock out some old achievements I missed in the day.

NorseGod
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    Blizzard already knows this is a dud... they've started talking about classic more and they have tried every gambit they can think of to boost pre-sales as much as possible.  Anyone that tries too hard to get you to buy something early is trying to hide something from you.

And remember, the devs said many classes won't be addressed until the first patch gets released...
    this baby is half-baked and they know it.  But lucky for them, the bulk of the WoW player base would continue to pay a sub irregardless of what state the game is in.  Which is why WoW isn't going to die any time soon. 
    JeffSpicoli
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    I've been in Alpha and Beta.  I've tried the tank specs for Pally, Death Knight, Monk, Druid & Demon Hunter (I prefer to tank).  They all feel weaker than in Legion (my opinion).  Last week I copied my character to the Public Test Realm.  I was shocked to see how weak my main, a Demon Hunter Tank, was on the tanking target dummy.  I'd estimate I lost more than half my survivability. I don't think people realize just how much we are losing in BFA with the removal of the artifact weapons.  Maybe it's just me, but I have this nagging feeling that Battle for Azeroth will be in the same category as Warlords of Draenor.  The faction conflict feels forced.  We just literally saved the universe and now we're back to bickering with faction conflict?  Feels jarring, forced, and desperate (my opinion).  I hope I'm wrong.  I've played and raided all the expansions since Burning Crusades, so I hope the expansion is great.  I just can't shake that nagging feeling that it won't be...I hope we can come back to this thread in a few years and see how silly these worries are.
  • MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 422
    Honestly everything they have done since wotlk ended has been leading to one thing and one thing only...get ready for... Console Launch of WoW... count me out.
    btdt said:
    Blizzard already knows this is a dud... they've started talking about classic more and they have tried every gambit they can think of to boost pre-sales as much as possible.  Anyone that tries too hard to get you to buy something early is trying to hide something from you.

And remember, the devs said many classes won't be addressed until the first patch gets released...
    this baby is half-baked and they know it.  But lucky for them, the bulk of the WoW player base would continue to pay a sub irregardless of what state the game is in.  Which is why WoW isn't going to die any time soon. 
    I'm not buying BfA - but it's crazy to say they are hiding things.  They allow people to play the beta on Twitch for crying out loud.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,500
    I've been in Alpha and Beta.  I've tried the tank specs for Pally, Death Knight, Monk, Druid & Demon Hunter (I prefer to tank).  They all feel weaker than in Legion (my opinion).  Last week I copied my character to the Public Test Realm.  I was shocked to see how weak my main, a Demon Hunter Tank, was on the tanking target dummy.  I'd estimate I lost more than half my survivability. I don't think people realize just how much we are losing in BFA with the removal of the artifact weapons.  Maybe it's just me, but I have this nagging feeling that Battle for Azeroth will be in the same category as Warlords of Draenor.  The faction conflict feels forced.  We just literally saved the universe and now we're back to bickering with faction conflict?  Feels jarring, forced, and desperate (my opinion).  I hope I'm wrong.  I've played and raided all the expansions since Burning Crusades, so I hope the expansion is great.  I just can't shake that nagging feeling that it won't be...I hope we can come back to this thread in a few years and see how silly these worries are.
    Played in them also and you are right that tanks are weaker.  I really think they are trying to get away from the mess they created where the tanks didn't need to worry at all.  I ran many mythics in Legion and didn't even need a healer on my pally, just pull and AoE them down.  That is boring as hell.  Kinda glad to see tanks becoming weaker myself.  Feels like they really want to go back to having to actually think before pulls and the healer actually having to heal again.  Haven't touched it in about a month now because was taking a break from it myself so don't know about any changes in that time. 

The only real issue I can see with tanks from my time is a taunt GCD issue where if you have a oh crap moment someone is going to die, but that was the way it was when WoW launched to be honest.  Got the feeling we are going to see a lot of dps going back to blaming the tanks and healers because they don't target the tanks target or watch their aggro also.  You know DPS never does anything wrong.
    KalebGrayson
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Sorry but WoW is just a massive faceroll these days and anything that makes it harder, like the GCD changes, is a good thing in my opinion.
    k61977[Deleted User][Deleted User]Zorgo
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Albatroes said:
    thunderC said:
    Honestly, I'm with you on the current team, or at least its leadership/sub-leadership. What really concerned me about the team was in WoD before it even began, was their simple arrogance 'ensuring people will love Ashran' yet it flopped. They compared garrisons to content like your farm (wrong). On top of this, they simply do not listen to feed back (they didn't make changes to issues known in legion's alpha/beta until half way throw legion's release). The best idea that thousands of people have told their team on the forums with regards to how to deal with titanforging, either bring back valor points and allow us to upgrade to titanforge stage or obliterate raid gear and let us use the points to push the upgrade similar to how obliterating pvp gear gives pvp currency to buy direct gear. But nope, still gonna have the same shyte in legion just 'occuring less often' KNOWING people hate the current system. The current team is way too arrogant and needs a lot of changing. Worse than ghostcrawler imo.
    You nailed it, it truly is there biggest problem right now, they simply don't listen to the community. The arrogance of the current dev team is unbelievable , and when i say "devs" im talking about the head honcho's who you see on Q & A panels and what not, The devs doing the art assets and music ect ect they are doing a great job.  
    SBFord
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    "I don't think I can remember a expansion where people have complained so much about the Class Changes"

Have you played WoW before? Every single expansion has everyone complaining about class changes. Ever since BC even. Actually scratch that. Every PATCH has people complaining about class changes. Any time a class changes people get upset, it doesn't matter if it's good, bad, or indifferent, people will find a reason to be mad. 

This won't kill WoW. WoW will just slowly die over time on it's own. Plenty of other big games have shown that, even with bad expansions or patches, people are too invested to quit usually.