Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Endless Conquest, DAoC's Free Version, Pushed to Early 2019 - Dark Age of Camelot - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageEndless Conquest, DAoC's Free Version. Pushed to Early 2019 - Dark Age of Camelot - MMORPG.com

Dark Age of Camelot News - The Dark Age of Camelot site has been updated with a lengthy development update that centers on some of the forthcoming features and reveals that the release date for the free to play version of the game has been pushed back to early 2019. Resources will be shifted to this version once the v1.125 update has been released.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Dam it , every time i read one of these DAOC articles it makes me want to play it... Need more time :)
    Agent_JosephHarikenOctagon7711markbgood
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    I tried jumping back in a few times but for a sub fee the graphics are so old compared to newer MMOs that it turns me off quite a bit.
    [Deleted User]McGovern
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Just let it die, this is pure greed.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I remember playing this at launch with a friend who really was into it. Playing it now is really hard because the system is so old. I just couldn't go back to it.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,971

I tried jumping back in a few times but for a sub fee the graphics are so old compared to newer MMOs that it turns me off quite a bit.

This is the problem such MMO will have, It is just wishful thinking but a remastered DAOC would go down a storm.
    Gdemami
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Scot said:

This is the problem such MMO will have, It is just wishful thinking but a remastered DAOC would go down a storm.
    This is so true
    If Anarchy Online would drop the sub.i know about 20 people that would go back and play it. Yeah they do have a free model but its just for the original content. Asking for a sub.for a game in maintenance mode is insane and greedy. Heck they give you all of The secret world legend content for free now.
    ScotGdemami
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    another huge problem is, this game is tough to level up solo compared to other games. especially if they do a pre-TOA version. you would need a group of real life friends to 8-man level up. otherwise it would take ages (again assuming a pre-TOA version).

secondly, by 2019 camelot unchained will be getting close to going live, and so will lost ark, lineage TL, chronicles of elyria (maybe) and crowfall. so anyone of those games hands down will be worth more of your time than this 17year old game.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455
    time007 said:
    another huge problem is, this game is tough to level up solo compared to other games. especially if they do a pre-TOA version. you would need a group of real life friends to 8-man level up. otherwise it would take ages (again assuming a pre-TOA version).

secondly, by 2019 camelot unchained will be getting close to going live, and so will lost ark, lineage TL, chronicles of elyria (maybe) and crowfall. so anyone of those games hands down will be worth more of your time than this 17year old game.
    Agreed. Add to that people will be neck deep in Battle for Azeroth and games like Red Dead Redemption 2 or Destiny: Forsaken, and perhaps Pantheon might be on the horizon by then, and people will likely wait. Although free is a hell of a price....
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176

time007 said:

This is not a classic version, it's the live version that has been butchered by Broadsword. I think it's pretty easy to level up on live. Even on Uthgard it doesn't take ages (if you know what you're doing) maybe if you play casually but.. what do you expect with limited time?
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Shoot. I would love a f2p version of DAoC.
    DragonJockey
  • swing848swing848 Member UncommonPosts: 292
    In the title body text is says: Pay Type: Subscription. That is not entirely accurate, people can play for free.

Also, in many of the posts above people do not seem to understand some of the coming changes to DAoC and Endless Conquest. The following is somewhat explanatory, it could be worded better. https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/producers-letter-summer-and-fall-outlook

Intel Core i7 7700K, MB is Gigabyte Z270X-UD5
    SSD x2, 4TB WD Black HHD, 32GB RAM, MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning LE video card

• markbgoodmarkbgood Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I would install this again in a heartbeat if it was free, best pvp I have played. As for DAOC unchained.. vaporware!! will it ever get released ?? I have paid $500 towards funding this and tbh the graphics, game play are shocking compared to the original, I have only played alpha and beta but from what I have seen the dev would need to pull a miracle out of the bag to get ppl playing it.
  • tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    markbgood said:
    I would install this again in a heartbeat if it was free, best pvp I have played. As for DAOC unchained.. vaporware!! will it ever get released ?? I have paid $500 towards funding this and tbh the graphics, game play are shocking compared to the original, I have only played alpha and beta but from what I have seen the dev would need to pull a miracle out of the bag to get ppl playing it.
    Vaporware never intends to launch, this may get canceled but it'll probably release.

The game's a while out from release, they haven't done much with the graphics yet, and gameplay needs tweaking.

Check back in 12-15 months.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I'll play again once this comes around. One of the best MMOs I've played and like most I didn't even PvP much.