Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eve people need to start logging in

TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
A few years ago Eve was hitting peak 30+ concurrent users, 21k just before downtime, and then would hover again around 21k after downtime till peak.

A year ago it was 30+ concurrent in peak, 16 before downtime, and then go back around 21k till peak time hit again.

Now its 12k after downtime........

Anecdotal is anecdotal. In before the next expansion and people go look at all the numbers. FYI, they pretty much seem to have lost all they players they gained when they went F2P-ish. CCP seems to be back to the trickle of new players and the same bitter vets as before. Who aren't even playing that much themselves.

As per the last war, Eve needs RMT to generate excitement and conflict. Bring back gambling and RMT.
Asm0deusPhry

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Yeah, I don't mind the gambling but I hated the scams, and spam in chats as long as it doesn't have that and gambling is done legitimately through an API without fraud or cheating I am fine with it.

Also, their stance against isboxer and Multi-Plexing keys across KVM's and software macros ruined the game that's part of why it dropped.
  • KhurgKhurg Member UncommonPosts: 45
    I dropped it. Could not get started. apparently mining as a relatively new player in hisec is not allowed. some member of of CODE decided I needed to pay 10 million ISK for the right to mine. I did not have it so they suicide ganked me. Happened to me 4-5 times so I just bailed. EVE is only for those that are haves. The have nots never have a change to get going
    SmileHyenadonklash2defHariken
  • Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    While I think EvE is a great game, the problem for me at least is the vets are still fighting the same war that's been going since pretty much 2005.  It's no wonder they're bitter, they've been no lifing and grinding the same axe for 14 years.
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Khurg said:
    I dropped it. Could not get started. apparently mining as a relatively new player in hisec is not allowed. some member of of CODE decided I needed to pay 10 million ISK for the right to mine. I did not have it so they suicide ganked me. Happened to me 4-5 times so I just bailed. EVE is only for those that are haves. The have nots never have a change to get going
    Didn't you think to leave that area and head for pastures new. If you ever want to try again I am juat starting out and will be going Indy so will need a steady supply of minerals
    Phaserlight
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    DMKano said:
    They should bundle EvE with Microsoft Excel - that would boost the playebase
    If that didn't work for Archeage i doubt it would work for Eve, interesting idea though. :p
    NephethAgent_Joseph
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    That poor, poor game which has "only" 12k peak concurrent...

(Point being some MMORPGs including my favorite would love to have those kinds of numbers)
    KrematoryZenJelly

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Did my tour in EVE 2003-2015, So I'm kinda done with the game.
    Phaserlight
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

(Point being some MMORPGs including my favorite would love to have those kinds of numbers)
    All your game would still have low pop issues. Sad you cant see the forest through the trees.
    ZenJelly
  • Pingu2012Pingu2012 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    A few years ago Eve was hitting peak 30+ concurrent users, 21k just before downtime, and then would hover again around 21k after downtime till peak.

A year ago it was 30+ concurrent in peak, 16 before downtime, and then go back around 21k till peak time hit again.

Anecdotal is anecdotal. In before the next expansion and people go look at all the numbers. FYI, they pretty much seem to have lost all they players they gained when they went F2P-ish. CCP seems to be back to the trickle of new players and the same bitter vets as before. Who aren't even playing that much themselves.

As per the last war, Eve needs RMT to generate excitement and conflict. Bring back gambling and RMT.

My launcher shows over 30k logged in at the moment. Its seems like generally around 25-30k when I look...
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

All your game would still have low pop issues. Sad you cant see the forest through the trees.
    ...huh?
    Stjerneodd

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Pingu2012 said:

My launcher shows over 30k logged in at the moment. Its seems like generally around 25-30k when I look...
    12K after downtime is fine, thats like 7AM US ET, Noon UK and like 3PM in Germany right?

EVEs for people with day jobs

;)
    Phry

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    If it is dying then it is dying... Not that i think there is any such risk. 

But the game is old as the road and about as smooth. Not even sure how you sell it to new players... Come and play our game where a small core of arsehats will make sure that you etiher pleasure them or they make your life a personal purgatory. It is pretty much middle school and high school all over again.. =P 

But hey... If that is your thing. Enjoy. =)
    klash2def

This have been a good conversation

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    I like dead MMOs (dead but still making enough money to operate, so I guess "dead" may be wrong word to use). I can go in and not be bothered by people. Its like singleplayer but an MMO! :D

Also for deathmatch PvP MMOs. Far less worry about ganking if more and more people leave. Get all the stuff to myself and whoever else remains playing lol

Thats why I like the black desert online pvp server. I literally see 1 person an hour at best, and I get all the grind spots to myself lol
    [Deleted User]

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447
    It's not really a solo game nor a PVE game, and it is especially not a solo PVE game.  You have to join a corporation.  There are plenty to choose from.  If you don't you are not playing the game correctly.
    mmolou
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited June 2018
    It's not really a solo game nor a PVE game, and it is especially not a solo PVE game.  You have to join a corporation.  There are plenty to choose from.  If you don't you are not playing the game correctly.
    I solo lots of stuff in EVE, there is no correct way to play lol. Granted I do group up a lot. I'm in the noob corp and have had a ton of fun mining and ratting with them. Its far more fun than dealing with the drama of player corps and alliances...I tried player corps over the years and the noob corp is by far friendliest experience I've been a part of. It fits my personal playstyle the best...never found a player corp I liked.

Though when soloing I tend to make my way to nullsec because its a lot safer there than lowsec and I solo rat and make more money in one rat kill than my entire ship costs lol. The most dangerous part of the journey is actually getting there.

My strategy...use a very cheap, but effective ship that can hunt rats easily in nullsec (my loadout is about 150k I believe (not including ship cost), but depends how "lazy" I am to the distance I want to get the parts)

haven't played new expansion yet though, but they look to have added solo stuff for PVErs.

But yeah I don't solo 100% of the time of course otherwise I can get a better experience in singleplayer games. But I do group with the noob corp quite a lot, and trade with them and help other noobs.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• KhegobierKhegobier Member UncommonPosts: 54
    When highsec turned into a trollfest I bailed.  No point in taking your hard earned mining ships and getting them blowed up on the daily.  The EVE community is probably one of the worst player communities I've ever seen in an MMO.  Never heading back.
    Gdemamipythi
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited June 2018
    I hear horror stories from so many folks.  I'll admit I haven't played in years but I never once got ganked when I did play.  I didn't do mining because it seemed utterly boring (not judging anyone, that's my personal preference), so maybe frigates are just THE target of opportunity for gankers?

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    The fact that a 2003 game still gets to pull those numbers is nothing but impressive in my opinion. I'm still playing after years and years (with some rest months here and there) and it's a very unique and satisfying game to explore.
    Also, to those complaining about ganking... if you got killed mining in HS you didn't do your job properly mate.
    Phry

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Eve lives until Star Citizen comes out.
    cheyaneKrematoryPhryZenJellymmoloupostlarvalGdemami
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Elsabolts said:
    rofl :D

..Cake..

• AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Elsabolts said:
    Oh good, so that means it has at least 20 or so years left, good for them.
    cheyaneKrematoryPhryZenJellySmileHyenadonTokken[Deleted User]KyleranpythiDrunkWolfand 1 other.
    Elsabolts said:
    Poor dude... You've beene spewing crap about EVE since I joined this forum. How much hate can you have for a game that you clearly don't even understand?

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• InteritusInteritus Member UncommonPosts: 236
    Others have said it. But the people trolling miner in high sec is really damaging to new players. A few years ago i managed to convince two friends to join. They wanted to mine to start out. I bankrolled their ships and equipment and it was looking good. But after multiple attacks in high sec space they quit.  It's bad when people are quitting because they get griefed mining.  They knew and were ready to eventually deal with the pvp. But it was too soon for them.
    PhaserlightKyleranDrunkWolfGdemami
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    If those were it's concurrent user base at a time it was the only viable pvp space game,that is not very good and says how few really want something like this.
    It baffles me as to how much SC is pulling in if the genre is not that popular,i feel some must be spending enormous amounts buying every ship there is.

pvp and this type of game encourages rmt,something i detest in a big way and why these type of games will never encourage mainstream players or be anything more than as i call SC right now,a cash shop in space.
    Why would people login to Eve anyhow,there is no game outside of pvp,a few might find interest in playing the ISK game or the market but imo WHY?

They made a boatload of money off of this shallow game,if CCP had any clue at all ,they would have invested into the game,perhaps port it over to a better engine and IMPROVE THE GAME,not pvp but the game,the world,the characters,the RPG aspects he game SHOULD have.
    Point being that even if i enjoyed Eve at some time,when i see the developer putting out very little effort to build the game up to keep it popular,i would lose interest very quickly.

pythi

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Interitus said:
    Others have said it. But the people trolling miner in high sec is really damaging to new players. A few years ago i managed to convince two friends to join. They wanted to mine to start out. I bankrolled their ships and equipment and it was looking good. But after multiple attacks in high sec space they quit.  It's bad when people are quitting because they get griefed mining.  They knew and were ready to eventually deal with the pvp. But it was too soon for them.
    Mining in HS is litterally the worst activity this game has to offer. People who quit because they refuse to adapt to a hostile enviroment won't ever enjoy EVE anyway.
    The problem is that some people want EVE to be something completely different to what it's always been. If that's the case, find another game to enjoy. I hate to say this again, but EVE is NOT for everyone.
    Phry