Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Producer's Letter Announces Server Consolodation - Bless - MMORPG.com

Comments

• WilkisWilkis Member UncommonPosts: 2
    A game optimization just suck i now game itself is good but with 0 optimization its just not playable

none

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    edited June 2018
    I'm trying to be less negative overall when talking about games due to so many people being so good at it already.  Especially when I saw the red flags before all this and decided not to spend any money and play this version of it.  Though it could be said that they are supporting their remaining players by merging as it means they'll have a population to play with.  Which is something I'm sure we've all said we expect when it came to similar situations and us wondering why some games aren't doing it just because they'd get negative press.

In addition, they were reports of refunds being handed out without fuss well beyond the two hour mark with Steam.  So there's that as well.  If I were a player then I'd appreciate these things.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    DMKano said:
    What killed this game?

About 9 years of bad decisions by the developer.

I'd say among the worst was not listening to western publishers that at least have some idea on what the market expects of it.  Not to mention that horrible patch.  Followed by the lifeless world when you go off the trail.  But those are just some of my opinions based on what I've read.
    [Deleted User]FlyByKnight
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • NazloklessNazlokless Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Last week all I read was "OMG merge servers already, so and so server is dead".....They plan a merge and this week its...well this!
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I played BDO and never got attacked at all. That is the kind of open PvP I love. BDO got it right.
    Tokken
    Chamber of Chains
    Bless Online tried to hoodwink PvE players into playing their game by offering them the immunity for 10 minutes which became a cash shop item at higher levels. 

I'm really of the opinion that PvP players generally don't enjoy playing with people who want to PvP they actually want to prey on weaker players. This is why they choose to hunt players who aren't interested in PvP and why this developer tried to attract those PvE players.

When a game has a good system that punishes PvP players who prey on players by camping them or vastly outlevelling  those who aren't interested or want to PvP they should have a system to punish this behaviour. BDO had this system and players like me who absolutely loved the other aspects of BDO got to play to their heart's content and enjoy the game. This leads to a higher population because you can also attract PvE players who enjoy the game and will provide PvP players a game that can at least stay around long enough for them to enjoy it too.

So these developers need to learn how to develop their games to make it attractive to both PvP and PvE players so that they can actually have a game that can last and not go down like a cement block in water.

https://steamcharts.com/app/681660#1m

My good look at the drop in numbers and how rapidly it fell. Really quite a feat.
    Chamber of Chains
  • simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    I keep reading "if this was more PvE focused it could've been saved". Well, the "PvP focus" in Bless is just a disguise for the lack of content. Sustaining a PvE game is not easy: new content, new dungeons and raids, new populated zones, scripted open world events etc. Much easier to just say "we give you 3v3 and 5v5 and 15v15 and 100v100, smash each other's heads" and be done with, especially when your game plays the hit&run tune.

They'll have a 50% sale before they go f2p. There, i called it lol :))
    RemyVorenderFlyByKnight
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited June 2018
    Rhoklaw said:
    Mikeha said:
    Albatroes said:
    Mikeha said:
    Tokken said:
    Mikeha said:
    Black Desert has open world pvp and is a highly successful recently released mmo.

Open World PVP is not the problem so stop trying to blame it you Care Bears!
    BDO has open pvp once you hit a certain level I believe..... the care bears are safe until then.

Same with Bless. Open world pvp does not begin until level 35 from what I understand. Really I can not remember the last game that had open world pvp from the start. 
    BDO's open world pvp is 'successful' because of the karma system which makes it pointless and even a hinderance to people who partake in OW Pvp, so its like comparing apples to oranges.

I am not comparing anything, 

What I am saying is that Open World PVP is not a bad feature to have in a game. People think any game with Open World PVP will fail because it has Open World PVP. I will always disagree with that. Its all about how Open World PVP is done.  Black Desert is a true example of a recently released Open World PVP game thats successful regardless of how anybody believes why. 

Black Desert's open world pvp is a success because it is a part of a really good game. 

As someone already pointed out to you, BDO is not really as OWPvP as you think. At first, it was level 45 and now it's level 50 that one is able to PvP. I'm sure you knew this though before claiming BDO as being truly an OWPvP game. Even Bless Online isn't truly an OWPvP game, because it isn't until level 30-35+ before you are forced into PvP zones to continue leveling. However, during my leveling experience, all I encountered were higher level players ganking me while I was questing. That pretty much sums up the extent of what OWPvP entails. People with higher level characters preying on those trying to enjoy the PvE aspects of the game.

You want to know why they are consolidating the servers? Because anyone that got the game to enjoy the PvE aspects has left, or at least a majority of them. Which means the majority of people left playing are the ones who enjoy PvP and guess what, PvP players can't stand other PvP players because they present fair fights. Eventually, the weaker or less skilled PvPers will leave until the only ones left playing are card swiping whales and the 1% of elitists who are actually good at PvP.

Open World PVP means you can get attacked by another player in the Open World. Bless Online's pvp does not start until level 35 and that still does not change that fact that it is an Open World PVP game. 

Your opinion about why anything happens in Black Desert does not matter. 

Also I have been playing Black Desert since beta and have an Awakened Musa. I know what Black Desert is. 
    edited June 2018
    Rhoklaw said:
    Mikeha said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Mikeha said:
    Albatroes said:
    Mikeha said:
    Tokken said:
    Mikeha said:
    Black Desert has open world pvp and is a highly successful recently released mmo.

Open World PVP is not the problem so stop trying to blame it you Care Bears!
    BDO has open pvp once you hit a certain level I believe..... the care bears are safe until then.

Same with Bless. Open world pvp does not begin until level 35 from what I understand. Really I can not remember the last game that had open world pvp from the start. 
    BDO's open world pvp is 'successful' because of the karma system which makes it pointless and even a hinderance to people who partake in OW Pvp, so its like comparing apples to oranges.

I am not comparing anything, 

What I am saying is that Open World PVP is not a bad feature to have in a game. People think any game with Open World PVP will fail because it has Open World PVP. I will always disagree with that. Its all about how Open World PVP is done.  Black Desert is a true example of a recently released Open World PVP game thats successful regardless of how anybody believes why. 

Black Desert's open world pvp is a success because it is a part of a really good game. 

As someone already pointed out to you, BDO is not really as OWPvP as you think. At first, it was level 45 and now it's level 50 that one is able to PvP. I'm sure you knew this though before claiming BDO as being truly an OWPvP game. Even Bless Online isn't truly an OWPvP game, because it isn't until level 30-35+ before you are forced into PvP zones to continue leveling. However, during my leveling experience, all I encountered were higher level players ganking me while I was questing. That pretty much sums up the extent of what OWPvP entails. People with higher level characters preying on those trying to enjoy the PvE aspects of the game.

You want to know why they are consolidating the servers? Because anyone that got the game to enjoy the PvE aspects has left, or at least a majority of them. Which means the majority of people left playing are the ones who enjoy PvP and guess what, PvP players can't stand other PvP players because they present fair fights. Eventually, the weaker or less skilled PvPers will leave until the only ones left playing are card swiping whales and the 1% of elitists who are actually good at PvP.

Open World PVP means you can get attacked by another player in the Open World. Bless Online's pvp does not start until level 35 and that still does not change that fact that it is an Open World PVP game. 

Your opinion about why anything happens in Black Desert does not matter. 

Also I have been playing Black Desert since beta and have an Awakened Musa. I know what Black Desert is. 
    If you know everything, then you should also note that Bless Online is NOT OWPvP as there are low level zones specifically turned off to PvP unless the home faction initiates the attack. That is not open world, now is it?

As for BDO, congrats on your Awakened Musa. I have a level 60 Wizard with mostly TRI gear and I also have a level 60 Kunoichi. Here's the stickler though and I'm not the only one who did / does this. My ranger is level 49.99 which is what I use to train horses, compete in horse races, craft on, fish on and so on. Basically, my Ranger was my PvE toon as no one could attack me. So no, BDO is also not OWPvP as you could avoid it entirely by not leveling up to what was 45 but is now 50.

Ok, if you want to say that Black Desert is not an open world pvp mmo then have at. LMAO

Not going to even attempt to argue this. :# 

cheyane said:
    I played BDO and never got attacked at all. That is the kind of open PvP I love. BDO got it right.

This pretty much sums it up. :)
  • GarySevenGarySeven Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I rarely comments (time constraints), but keep up on a daily basis.

Just had to pipe up about forced open world PvP, which I just won't play any more. I started in WoW during LK on a PvP server and for a time it was fun, but I was younger and had the patience and reflexes to deal with it. I'm at an age where I don't want to deal with gankers anymore. I can't keep up, and I have better things to do with my life than letting people deliberately abuse me.

I tried with ArchAge. Still a fan of tab target, and liked the visuals, environments and crafting, but once I hit PvP locked systems I gave it up.

So I've passed on both BDO and Bless and will continue to skip any MMORPG with forced PvP. I don't think I'm alone.

Just my two pennies with your morning coffee.
    MadFrenchie
  • GarySevenGarySeven Member UncommonPosts: 14

Sovrath said:

cheyane said:

Open PvP is horrible but hey keep making these games I'm sure it will sink in one day.

If I go to "The Cheesecake factory and have a piece of cheesecake it's going to be "meh."

If I go to Denny's and have a piece of their cheesecake it's going to be bad.

If I go to the supermarket and buy one of the various frozen cheesecakes they are going to range from meh to bad.

So they should learn and stop making cheesecake!

Oh wait, I could just go to "Two Little Red Hens" or "Eileens" or Juniors in New York and actually have a good piece of cheesecake.

If you are going to judge an open pvp game then pick a game that is considered the quintessential great pvp game.

Open pvp is absolutely fine. In a game that can handle it.

Interesting analogy, but some people hate cheesecake, just as much as they hate open world PvP.

Great, bad, or meh.
    Kyleran
    Pyrosma said:
    I rarely comments (time constraints), but keep up on a daily basis.

Just had to pipe up about forced open world PvP, which I just won't play any more. I started in WoW during LK on a PvP server and for a time it was fun, but I was younger and had the patience and reflexes to deal with it. I'm at an age where I don't want to deal with gankers anymore. I can't keep up, and I have better things to do with my life than letting people deliberately abuse me.

I tried with ArchAge. Still a fan of tab target, and liked the visuals, environments and crafting, but once I hit PvP locked systems I gave it up.

So I've passed on both BDO and Bless and will continue to skip any MMORPG with forced PvP. I don't think I'm alone.

Just my two pennies with your morning coffee.
    BDO is fine I have never been involved in any PvP in BDO. Unless you go and try to farm in the top spots no one will ever gank you. Make sure you don't leave your horse on the road either. They may kill that though.
    Chamber of Chains
  • tristanfeytristanfey Member UncommonPosts: 13

Hariken said:

I wonder when F2P will coming.

It's has to have already been brought up in the office. Most MMOs have their first server merges a year or so after the game reached its peak. They are needing to do it before the game is officially released.
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    remind me the tree of savior hype ... or revelation online too.. now they are so near to death!
    please let this game have his last breath before putting it in the hole...
    and if ppl want to throw $$ in this milk machine, it's their $$ (how many player quit after 50 hours? for a mmo, it's a shame
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited June 2018
    Rhoklaw said:

News Flash, if Bless was PVE only it would be considered even more dumpster juice than it is now.

That's like calling a turd with spikes in it a turd without spikes in it. The game was never any good to begin with. Claiming it would have failed even more as a strictly PvE game is just absurd. Even Blizzard is basically getting rid of PvP servers with their new expansion because they finally realized its simply isn't a popular interest. It truly is a niche market, at least in the west.

Which is kind of odd really, considering their decision to make Classic servers. I will laugh if they make more money off those then they did from PvP servers.
    I'm not talking about Blizzard, I'm talking specifically about Bless and Neowiz.

The story is garb, the localization was garb, the game story literally pauses at 45, there's only 2 dungeons to do at 45 and those don't make sense so everyone spams the level 37 dungeon to get 37 gear sets to put runes in. Going off the beaten path = dead ecosystem, nothing there. No lore exploring. Nothing.

The only thing left to do is PVP and even that is a chore because of the trash bin balancing so people just pass reds and wave hello.

This game is already practically PVE out of the box, and it was terrible.

People who sit back and wait for this hot mess to announce the missteps so they can blame OWPVP, I KNOW they haven't played THIS game. They're the same butt hurt carebears carrying around their personal luggage from game thread to game thread.

The only company I see with any sense towards doing OWPVP is ArtCraft w/ Crowfall. That might be the first MMO that gets it right (whether they screw it up elsewhere is on them).
    Post edited by FlyByKnight on
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Together with the server merges, the developer has also decided to streamline the title.
    Please refer all future posts to Less online.
    cheyane[Deleted User]
  • ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Lol most mmorpgs fail let's stop making them.... Silly care bears... Pvp is literally the only reason to play a game...
    AeandercraftseekerDakeruAllerleirauhJeroKane
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    Wilkis said:
    A game optimization just suck i now game itself is good but with 0 optimization its just not playable
    Eh optimization is only really a problem for some people.  Maybe alot of people, but not me or the people I know that are playing the game.  The game has other bigger issues imo, poor balance, lame mechanics like the auction house price lock and generally broken economy, tolerable but crappy combat... limited content.

It has some good stuff too but it has a bad enough new player experience to drive most people off before they are invested in the game, and not enough to hold them long if they get past the first bit.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Lililune said:

Open World PVP is great!!!

Yeah,yeah...

*laugh like a crazy cat*

well, it actually is. prob being: it ain't easy to pull off and obviously you produce a niche game when going for pvp (most players are plain and simple pve wuzzs)

if mark jacobs fails, i might think about that opinion again, but so far, that's it from me.

give me working. meaningfull pvp and i am in.
    craftseekerAeander

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited June 2018
    Thane said:

Lililune said:

Open World PVP is great!!!

Yeah,yeah...

*laugh like a crazy cat*

well, it actually is. prob being: it ain't easy to pull off and obviously you produce a niche game when going for pvp (most players are plain and simple pve wuzzs)

if mark jacobs fails, i might think about that opinion again, but so far, that's it from me.

give me working. meaningfull pvp and i am in.
    Labels folks with different playstyle preferences derogatory names.

Doesn't realize that's part and parcel to why PvP games are so niche.
    AeandercheyaneNazloklessInterituscraftseekerAllerleirauh

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I don't see the big deal here.  This was always the plan?  

I mean their numbers are bad no doubt....but this particular action of server consolidation was planned obsolescence.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Well, at least they have had plenty of practice shutting the game down  ;)
    cheyaneAeanderShaighMadFrenchiecraftseekerJudgeUKwingoodJeroKaneKyleran
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited June 2018
    thank goodness Everquest Landmark is the pure pve only sandbox pvers all over the world have been waiting for!
    MadFrenchieAeander
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"