Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Producer's Letter Announces Server Consolodation - Bless - MMORPG.com

Comments

• F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Everyone knocking open world pvp because Bless failed? Riiiiight... your IQ is showing..

Open world PVP is amazing, it creates a sense of immersion you can't get in your typical care bear theme park MMO.

Bless being a garbage game has little to do with open world pvp. We all knew Bless was going to fail, it failed twice already only the bored and the stupid actually bought into this early access crap.

Rhygarthmikeb0817Alomar[Deleted User]craftseekerjimmywolfinfomatz
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    F2Plague said:
    Everyone knocking open world pvp because Bless failed? Riiiiight... your IQ is showing..

Open world PVP is amazing, it creates a sense of immersion you can't get in your typical care bear theme park MMO.

Bless being a garbage game has little to do with open world pvp. We all knew Bless was going to fail, it failed twice already only the bored and the stupid actually bought into this early access crap.

Because of Bless? Bless is just the latest flop in a long, almost universal line of flops for open world pvp spanning back over a decade. Once you get even one successful new hardcore pvp MMO in the modern age, then we can start talking about IQ.

And frankly, you're objectively wrong. Nothing is less immersive than having one's roleplaying session be arbitrarily interrupted by "xxxNarutoXSasuke69xxx."
    TokkenAlomar[Deleted User]ThaharcraftseekercheyanedonpadrexAsmodeuXsimmihiDakeruand 9 others.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    When even Aeria runs away from a game, it should've been obvious this would flop harder than me in a deep pool. I give it a month or two at best before it goes F2P.
    SpottyGekko
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

cheyane said:

Open PvP is horrible but hey keep making these games I'm sure it will sink in one day.

That isn't true at all. Open PvP is great done correctly. Plenty of games have it and it works fine. In WoW it worked fine. In L2 it worked fine. In Aion it worked fine. Just because you don't like a specific feature, doesn't mean it isn't liked by others.
    mikeb0817SovrathAlomarThaharcraftseekerOctagon7711bcbully[Deleted User]CaffynatedKyleran
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    edited June 2018

AeanderTokkenThaharwingoodJamesGoblinwarsaber1375infomatz
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Mikeha said:

I called it.

When you call something that was inevitable, it's really not 'calling it'
    Tokken[Deleted User]SolancerKyleran

I self identify as a monkey.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited June 2018
    Let's see.... is this the 3rd or 4th failure for this game? I've lost count. edit: I might be a little early on this..... LOL

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

edited June 2018

Got to love all the haters on here. They had a massive amount of people join quickly so they added new servers now that the Hyde has died and the hard core pvp/pvers left due to it not being all that great the multitude of servers is not needed. Hell look at aion it has 3 servers. And it's still going strong. I think in a little bit if time this MMO will improve if not then there will be private servers eventually.

You may be right.... I think it would help if they made it more of a PvE game rather than a PvP game though...... IMHO. I have a few friends that are care bears and won't buy or play any game that is PvP - centric.
    Solancer

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Black Desert has open world pvp and is a highly successful recently released mmo.

Open World PVP is not the problem so stop trying to blame it you Care Bears!
    AeanderAlomar[Deleted User]Panther2103ThaharcraftseekerLaviotawingoodJamesGoblinRhygarthand 4 others.
    Mikeha said:
    Black Desert has open world pvp and is a highly successful recently released mmo.

BDO has open pvp once you hit a certain level I believe..... the care bears are safe until then.
    Kyleran

Tokken said:
    Mikeha said:

BDO has open pvp once you hit a certain level I believe..... the care bears are safe until then.

Same with Bless. Open world pvp does not begin until level 35 from what I understand. Really I can not remember the last game that had open world pvp from the start. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    cheyane said:
    Open PvP is horrible but hey keep making these games I'm sure it will sink in one day.
    If I go to "The Cheesecake factory and have a piece of cheesecake it's going to be "meh."

If I go to Denny's and have a piece of their cheesecake it's going to be bad.

If I go to the supermarket and buy one of the various frozen cheesecakes they are going to range from meh to bad.

So they should learn and stop making cheesecake!

Oh wait, I could just go to "Two Little Red Hens" or "Eileens" or Juniors in New York and actually have a good piece of cheesecake.

If you are going to judge an open pvp game then pick a game that is considered the quintessential great pvp game.

Open pvp is absolutely fine. In a game that can handle it.

AlomarPanther2103RhomsEponyxDamorbcbullyMrMelGibsonmgilbrtsnbentriminfomatzGyva02
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499

Wizardry said:

pvp works in a mmorpg does it not? yeah keep going that route,it's an intelligent move to make.

Early access,2-3 weeks and already down to 2 servers..yikes.

The best part and the part i need to make a point of?When Aeria games,a publisher i think very little of says your game is not good enough,you SHOULD listen.Instead of listening they figured,ok we don't need a publisher,we will publish it ourselves,umm yep good job.

PVP?? lol

Listening to this guy sound all excited for Bless then he talks about how he has been a Wow player for years and that Bless will be great because it has pvp,again a Wow player,strike 1,pvp strike 2,the type of gamer i have little respect for because he has no clue.
    Bottom line,i see this type of person a LOT in the media ,people that are making money off of games ,i don't trust ANYTHING they say.

Ah shove it dude, pvp works just fine in a good mmo when implemented properly. There are plenty of snowflake mmos for you so keep to those. Don't even try to blame Bless' failure on pvp lol...
    AlomarcraftseekerLaviotabcbully
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,129
    edited June 2018
    JamesGoblin

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Mikeha said:
    Tokken said:
    Mikeha said:

Same with Bless. Open world pvp does not begin until level 35 from what I understand. Really I can not remember the last game that had open world pvp from the start. 
    BDO's open world pvp is 'successful' because of the karma system which makes it pointless and even a hinderance to people who partake in OW Pvp, so its like comparing apples to oranges.
    pythisimmihibcbully[Deleted User]SolancerKyleran
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Mikeha said:
    Tokken said:
    Mikeha said:

Plenty of time to rage quit before then
  • RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318

Leiloni said:

I'm not sure why all the hate. They originally only planned on 3 NA servers and 2 EU at EA launch and that's what they initially came out with. But due to all the player generated hype, far more people bought the game than they had expected, so they opened up a few temporary servers to handle the influx. Most players knew it wouldn't last and now they're going to go down to what they had originally planned.

Also remember the game is still in development, so it's expected at this stage of the game that you'd have less players. Not many players, myself included, enjoy games with expected bugs, imbalances, and lack of content. It's of course to be expected, but most will wait for official launch.

So this is just status quo news I think. I know for those on the less populated servers it's going to be a welcome change.

I couldn't imagine why all the hate on a game that has failed in every country and still launched with all the same bugs in NA.
    wingood
    edited June 2018
    Albatroes said:
    Mikeha said:
    Tokken said:
    Mikeha said:

BDO's open world pvp is 'successful' because of the karma system which makes it pointless and even a hinderance to people who partake in OW Pvp, so its like comparing apples to oranges.

I am not comparing anything, 

What I am saying is that Open World PVP is not a bad feature to have in a game. People think any game with Open World PVP will fail because it has Open World PVP. I will always disagree with that. Its all about how Open World PVP is done.  Black Desert is a true example of a recently released Open World PVP game thats successful regardless of how anybody believes why. 

Black Desert's open world pvp is a success because it is a part of a really good game. 

RadooSolancer
  • xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 199

Aeander said:

Got to love all the haters on here. They had a massive amount of people join quickly so they added new servers now that the Hyde has died and the hard core pvp/pvers left due to it not being all that great the multitude of servers is not needed. Hell look at aion it has 3 servers. And it's still going strong. I think in a little bit if time this MMO will improve if not then there will be private servers eventually.

The important thing here is the timeframe. Server merges are expected and are a natural part of any MMO life cycle. The problem here is that the Bless life cycle is playing on fast forward. It is not normal for server merges to happen this absurdly quickly after launch. 

Exactly what this man said. All MMOs go through server merges eventually, but after only a few months of launching? That's not normal. Lineage 2 eventually merged servers but that was years later.

I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Albatroes said:

They did grab a nice bit of cash before it's inevitable f2p conversion

Not by much I think they wasted more then what they made in this short of time.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    What killed this game?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    News Flash, if Bless was PVE only it would be considered even more dumpster juice than it is now.
    bcbully
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    This isn't hemorrhaging, This is an arterial bleed.
  • DranmarthDranmarth Member UncommonPosts: 57
    I haven't looked much at Bless, other than to hear it's been a complete flop, but server consolidation already? Hasn't it only been out a few weeks? If so that's not good.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    What killed this game?
    For the most part, optimization. If the optimization wasn't so terrible, it would've been passable.