Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Producer's Letter Announces Server Consolodation - Bless - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageProducer's Letter Announces Server Consolodation - Bless - MMORPG.com

Bless News - The latest Bless Online producer's letter has been published that reveals work on the game since launch and announces that server consolidation is incoming.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

RemyVorender

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I called it.
    Seelinnikoi
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I bet on it.
    Seelinnikoi

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I wonder when F2P will coming.
    Seelinnikoichocolate42069Octagon7711Leguma11NTwarriorjarsku85
  • KruzilKruzil Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Already? Didn't this just come out?
    InteritusTokkenSeelinnikoiAlomarchocolate42069ThaharwingoodOctagon7711Mensurinfomatz
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    pvp works in a mmorpg does it not? yeah keep going that route,it's an intelligent move to make.

Early access,2-3 weeks and already down to 2 servers..yikes.

The best part and the part i need to make a point of?When Aeria games,a publisher i think very little of says your game is not good enough,you SHOULD listen.Instead of listening they figured,ok we don't need a publisher,we will publish it ourselves,umm yep good job.

PVP?? lol

Listening to this guy sound all excited for Bless then he talks about how he has been a Wow player for years and that Bless will be great because it has pvp,again a Wow player,strike 1,pvp strike 2,the type of gamer i have little respect for because he has no clue.
    Bottom line,i see this type of person a LOT in the media ,people that are making money off of games ,i don't trust ANYTHING they say.
    GreatnessF2Plaguemikeb0817NeonSaruSeelinnikoiAlomartime007craftseekerLaviotawingoodand 6 others.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• zachdayzachday Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Lol another asian mmo in the dumpster.
    TokkenSeelinnikoitime007craftseekerwingoodHarikenproject6925Viper482necrolockinfomatz
  • forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Well that didnt take long!
    Seelinnikoimakevali
  • LililuneLililune Member UncommonPosts: 81
    edited June 2018
    Happy double post.
  • LililuneLililune Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Open World PVP is great!!!
    Yeah,yeah...
    *laugh like a crazy cat*
    NeonSaruAlomarcraftseekerHarikenfrancis3343bentrimalkarionlog
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Haha. So bad.
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    Got to love all the haters on here. They had a massive amount of people join quickly so they added new servers now that the Hyde has died and the hard core pvp/pvers left due to it not being all that great the multitude of servers is not needed. Hell look at aion it has 3 servers. And it's still going strong. I think in a little bit if time this MMO will improve if not then there will be private servers eventually.
    AeanderLeilonimarganculosMikehaAsch126sarah116joe1121SeelinnikoiAlomarRich84and 11 others.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited June 2018
    I'm not sure why all the hate. They originally only planned on 3 NA servers and 2 EU at EA launch and that's what they initially came out with. But due to all the player generated hype, far more people bought the game than they had expected, so they opened up a few temporary servers to handle the influx. Most players knew it wouldn't last and now they're going to go down to what they had originally planned.

Also remember the game is still in development, so it's expected at this stage of the game that you'd have less players. Not many players, myself included, enjoy games with expected bugs, imbalances, and lack of content. It's of course to be expected, but most will wait for official launch.

So this is just status quo news I think. I know for those on the less populated servers it's going to be a welcome change.
    sarah116plasmareRasiempythiThaharcraftseekerYaevinduskchaoscauserLeguma11AlexanderVendiand 1 other.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Got to love all the haters on here. They had a massive amount of people join quickly so they added new servers now that the Hyde has died and the hard core pvp/pvers left due to it not being all that great the multitude of servers is not needed. Hell look at aion it has 3 servers. And it's still going strong. I think in a little bit if time this MMO will improve if not then there will be private servers eventually.
    The important thing here is the timeframe. Server merges are expected and are a natural part of any MMO life cycle. The problem here is that the Bless life cycle is playing on fast forward. It is not normal for server merges to happen this absurdly quickly after launch. 
    craftseekerwingoodOctagon7711jimmywolfNonemaneKyleran
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    They did grab a nice bit of cash before it's inevitable f2p conversion
    chocolate42069Rich84pythiThaharwingood
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Thread has 13 ppl in it so far.

"I don't understand all the hate"
    "Haters"

NonemaneAllerleirauhKyleran
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199
    wish pets could attack, its why i havent even looked at the game. Collect pets for mounts and bonus is boring.
    Allerleirauh

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    I'm just wondering why they aren't announcing the F2P. I'll be honest if it goes F2P right now I'll install right away and even play it for as long as the game exist, but if they do it after BfA launch.. nope sorry.
  • RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    The game has gone from 34,288 peak players to 7,377 peak players in 23 days

this will be F2P with in a month
    TokkenOctagon7711Nonemane
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Open PvP is horrible but hey keep making these games I'm sure it will sink in one day.
    bartoni33TokkengoozmaniaAlomarPeskyThaharcraftseekerFlyByKnightwingoodOctagon7711and 6 others.
    Chamber of Chains
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    This needs to happen for those still playing. They are down from 34k concurrent to around 6k in less than a month. Gross.

Joined - July 2004

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    cheyane said:
    Open PvP is horrible but hey keep making these games I'm sure it will sink in one day.
    Lol sounded like EA's model until last year "we'll keep pushing microtransactions so people are forced to accept them" now thanks to EA governments around the world are looking into micro-transactions and loot boxes. It would be nice to set a legal precedent against cash grabs like this, like "fail x amount of times and you can't try again until x amount of years."
    illutianalkarionlog
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Albatroes said:
    cheyane said:
    Lol sounded like EA's model until last year "we'll keep pushing microtransactions so people are forced to accept them" now thanks to EA governments around the world are looking into micro-transactions and loot boxes. It would be nice to set a legal precedent against cash grabs like this, like "fail x amount of times and you can't try again until x amount of years."
    It's a little bit different than the lootboxes, because that system is designed to ignore general negative feedback in favor of making the vast majority of its money from a small group of consumers.  That's why devs pushed them so hard in spite of any general negative opinion regarding its effects on the games.

From what I understand, Bless's cash shop is very mild, so I don't think they're as dependent upon a select group of gamers floating them as those lootbox-heavy titles.

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    34k to 5k~ peak players in a month. They'll be lucky to have anyone left by the time the merges actually happen in another month.
    TokkenRich84Thahar
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    edited June 2018
    cheyane said:
    It depends how it's done. I'm not a fan of it really, but played Aion from original launch and enjoyed it. The game has switched to ftp, but it's still going strong and that's due I think to the range of content, something which Bless just hasn't got.

I don't buy this early access, the game is years old. Despite the news of 'reworking the game', it's still arrived here with obvious major shortcomings.
    AlomarMikehaThaharOctagon7711
  • perrin82perrin82 Member UncommonPosts: 285
    I don't play Bless, but for those that do I hope it continues to get better for you.

On this thread I saw a few comments about open PVP and it being bad. While I am not huge into PVP, I am a fan of open PVP because it makes the world feel more alive. Yes I know there are gankers, but overall it adds some excitement.
    MikehaPanther2103mikeb0817AlomarcraftseekerRemyVorenderKyleran