Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earth & Beyond EMU

They have done an amazing job with this.
https://www.net-7.org/

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I remember playing on that a few years ago. It had a couple hundred logged in (looks like it dropped a bit over the years) and it was definitely fun to be able to play the game again. If you were ever a fan, give it a shot!
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I remember playing on that a few years ago. It had a couple hundred logged in (looks like it dropped a bit over the years) and it was definitely fun to be able to play the game again. If you were ever a fan, give it a shot!
    How's the coexistence of an avatar and spaceship?

That's unique in and of itself.  Might be enough for me to give it a try if the server isn't completely dead.  I like exploring old MMORPGs I never got to try in their heyday to see what ideas they brought to the table that could be leveraged for future MMORPGs.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    edited June 2018

That's unique in and of itself.  Might be enough for me to give it a try if the server isn't completely dead.  I like exploring old MMORPGs I never got to try in their heyday to see what ideas they brought to the table that could be leveraged for future MMORPGs.
    You walk around space stations grabbing missions and shopping. You have 3 trees to level up. Combat , Explore and trade. You kind of want to keep them close in lvl. EA launched the game with missing content. These guys have added it back in. The universe is much bigger than it was now. Even the missing classes for each race are back in. Its an old school mmo. But the loyal people playing it will help you out with anything even build you gear if you bring them the parts. Give it a shot.
    MadFrenchie
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Hariken said:

You walk around space stations grabbing missions and shopping. You have 3 trees to level up. Combat , Explore and trade. You kind of want to keep them close in lvl. EA launched the game with missing content. These guys have added it back in. The universe is much bigger than it was now. Even the missing classes for each race are back in. Its an old school mmo. But the loyal people playing it will help you out with anything even build you gear if you bring them the parts. Give it a shot.
    That's still a step up from any released multiplayer project afaik, even if you're limited to walking around in orbital stations.  Thanks for pointing it out, I'll likely check it out this weekend! :+1:
    Hariken

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Big Strong Wow Taddo ?
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    edited June 2018
    Hariken said:

That's still a step up from any released multiplayer project afaik, even if you're limited to walking around in orbital stations.  Thanks for pointing it out, I'll likely check it out this weekend! :+1:
    For an mmo from 2002 it was ahead of its time. Even the game soundtrack was amazing as it really fit the game. If you try it out and like it. There are some amazing guilds in this game. Grouping up will blow you away  as all the classes bring something to the table. Lvl cap is 150. Seeing a lvl 150 Progen warrior tanking a group of space monsters and being shield and hull healed by a seeker and a trader is so epic.
    MadFrenchie