Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Scalawags DLC Adds New Ship Options & Crew - Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageFree Scalawags DLC Adds New Ship Options & Crew - Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire - MMORPG.com

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire News - Obsidian Entertainment has sent word that Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire players can log into the game to claim their free DLC called Scalawags. Content includes three new recruitable crew members, the Savage personality setting and five new ship upgrades. The latter includes a sail, cannon, anchor and more that can be found at shipwrights throughout the Archipelago.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

MadFrenchie

Comments

• ishistishist Member UncommonPosts: 213
    "The latter includes a sale, "

sale -> sail

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I loved POE - I would buy POE 2 except I don't like the ship combat. Wish they would do a DLC to improve that!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    You don't even have to do the ship combat, you can literally board every ship and bypass the whole system every time. Not sure that is complain worthy.
    Tokken
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Another round of free DLC.  Kudos!

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited June 2018

You don't even have to do the ship combat, you can literally board every ship and bypass the whole system every time. Not sure that is complain worthy.
    This is EXACTLY what I did. I didn't screw around, but rammed every ship that tried to attack and beat the snot out of 'em. I leveled my ship parts to a strong hull, helm, sails, anchor and running lights and then wiped EVERY other ship off the map except the merchant ships. >:)

Seriously, if ship-to-ship combat is all that's holding you back, you're only cheating yourself. It's a great game. :)
    Tokken

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    I did the same. Skipped all the ship combat after the first time trying it. Much easier (and quicker) to just board them and kill all the fighters. Would love to see us able to keep those enemy ships or sell them since they weren't sunk.
    SBFord
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Awesome game! Enjoying everything about it except Aumaua not having a beard.
    SBFord
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Being able to avoid a gameplay system is not a good thing in my mind, if the play is decent then play it.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited June 2018
    Scot said:

Being able to avoid a gameplay system is not a good thing in my mind, if the play is decent then play it.

It's not actually avoiding it. It's simply using a different mechanic to accomplish the same thing. When engaging in ship-to-ship combat, there are 2 options: Use distance cannonfire to take down the enemy -- though it is arguably a very clunky system til you get used to it; or ram the enemy ship. Both are considered viable options to complete the fight.
    Post edited by SBFord on

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited June 2018
    SBFord said:
    Scot said:

It's not actually avoiding it. It's simply using a different mechanic to accomplish the same thing. When engaging in ship-to-ship combat, there are 2 options: Use distance cannonfire to take down the enemy -- though it is arguable a very clunky system til you get used to it; or ram the enemy ship. Both are considered viable options to complete the fight.
    Oh that's fair enough then, just play whichever you like. I would guess for me as your normal land combat would be similar to the boarding, so I would choose the ship to ship, just for variety.