Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got a Lapsed Account? You Can Log In & Play for Free Through June 24 - World of Warcraft

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageGot a Lapsed Account? You Can Log In & Play for Free Through June 24 - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft News - UPDATED: It seems that recently lapsed World of Warcraft subscription account have been unlocked with players able to log in and play any character, even those over level 20, for free through June 24th. The announcement was made via the World of Warcraft community site earlier today.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Well, I was going to re-up for the next month to finish up a few achievements and try out the pre-event...and then lapse until the full BfA storyline presented itself before deciding if I'd come back or not this expansion. At least now I can put off actually paying for a bit. Cool beans. :D
    TokkenJeffSpicoli

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• FrozenyearroundFrozenyearround Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Knowing blizzard every account that does this will be charged and if they dont pay banned.  

I may fire this up if it still works this weekend.  
    3dommmoloujimmywolf
    Knowing blizzard every account that does this will be charged and if they dont pay banned.  

Oh pfft. If you don't have payment methods on file, they can't charge. Blizzard is one of the LEAST nefarious of game companies out there.
    NephethTokkenmarganculos[Deleted User]Agent_Joseph

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:

Oh pfft. If you don't have payment methods on file, they can't charge. Blizzard is one of the LEAST nefarious of game companies out there.
    Haha settle it was a joke I said I was going to jump on if it's still working this weekend.  
    SBFord
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited June 2018
    Torval said:

According to your avatar - why do you like WH40k Martyr? I'm interesting in the setting but don't like idea to run away from mobs.

Thank you for your time!

• ChapmannChapmann Member UncommonPosts: 1
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    Good business practices to lure customers back! 
    JeffSpicoliSolancer

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited June 2018
    Chapmann said:
    They have made an announcement
    https://welcomeback.worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/index.html

That was my guess, a free weekend.  By the time I downloaded it the free period would be over.
    SBFordJeffSpicoliXophDiabhualSolancer
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Thanks for posting this Suzie i would have never noticed otherwise
    Octagon7711Tsiya
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Grunty said:
    Chapmann said:
    They have made an announcement
    https://welcomeback.worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/index.html

That was my guess, a free weekend.  By the time I downloaded it the free period would be over.
    Awesome, thanks!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    They do this from time to time and if you haven't played in a long time you can call them and they will give you some free time if you ask.  Thanks for the update,  I'll be sure to visit and say hello to all my characters. :smile:
    SBFord

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BlazerXBlazerX Member UncommonPosts: 86
    You guys still pay a subscription for WoW? LOL. Please there are so many games now where you can just pay one time and play unlimited like ESO and only pay for expansions. This is the model of the future.
    jimmywolf[Deleted User]
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

What? In what world would this possibly happen? Blizzard is one of the best customer service companies out there when it comes to being super accommodating billing wise. Every time i wanna start playing again, a simple ticket to their web help with a wait time of 5-10 minutes and a short convo with a GM has my account given a few days free time which is more than enough to buy a WoW token from the AH.

No other game would do that as freely as WoW.
    Nepheth

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    BlazerX said:
    You guys still pay a subscription for WoW? LOL. Please there are so many games now where you can just pay one time and play unlimited like ESO and only pay for expansions. This is the model of the future.
    If you knew anything at all about WoW, you'd know smart people DON'T pay subscription for WoW and buy WoW tokens.

THAT is the model of the future. The ability to buy game time within the game with in-game currency.(blizzard took it a step further and you can buy b.net dollars with in-game currency which lets you buy expansions as well)
    DiabhualSBFordjimmywolf

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I have a collection of characters in an abandoned graveyard of characters I have left at various levels between 30-45. I don't know why I start off with such vim and peter out around those levels each time.
    [Deleted User]cheyane

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Logged into an old account, but there were no characters there.

Sephiroso said:

What? In what world would this possibly happen? Blizzard is one of the best customer service companies out there when it comes to being super accommodating billing wise. Every time i wanna start playing again, a simple ticket to their web help with a wait time of 5-10 minutes and a short convo with a GM has my account given a few days free time which is more than enough to buy a WoW token from the AH.

No other game would do that as freely as WoW.
    Please direct your outrage to post #4 of this thread.  

Thank you 
    Sephiroso said:
    BlazerX said:
    If you knew anything at all about WoW, you'd know smart people DON'T pay subscription for WoW and buy WoW tokens.

THAT is the model of the future. The ability to buy game time within the game with in-game currency.(blizzard took it a step further and you can buy b.net dollars with in-game currency which lets you buy expansions as well)
    You could buy xpacs in LOTRO from their store currency you collect while playing the game 8 years ago.  So that part isnt anything new.  
  • TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Patching now. Late to the party as usual! We shall see how it feels in the morning.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Sephiroso said:
    BlazerX said:

Wha?  I don't care to have my entertainment subsidized by others.