Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen and EVE Online players unite to call out lookalike concept ship

124»

Comments

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member UncommonPosts: 1,427
    Does it really matter? in about 20 years when this game comes out we wont remember this.
    MidPrincessgoobsnews
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 6,416
    Aren't SC & Eve player the same person?
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member RarePosts: 1,959
    I'm sure they even share the same bed :D

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 31,060
    edited June 20
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Yeap despite what some "gamers" think there's no animosity between dev's with "competing" games besides the personal beefs that some higher heads might have.

They like and embrace their peers work and are happy that other games are successful and just laugh at the petty forum warriors. Great games are possible because of great dev's and great dev's become great because they are passionate about their craft no matter who does it, if it's well done they will appreciate it and get motivation to be even better.
    Agreed.  We're gamers, the passion sometimes overrides the reasoning.  I'm guilty of it just the same as anyone else who has a passion for the hobby. ;)

But devs should be able to encourage one another through friendly competition, absolutely!
    Indeed they do, actually the thread about that joke in the Star Citizen subreddit is the highest voted one of the day and even CCP dev's and CIG ones posted showcasing the good spirits between them:

It's the vocal minority of social inapt that seems to get more enjoyment from trolling and drama than actually from playing video-games that likes to thing there should be e-wars going on between games and devs. I think that comes mostly from insecurities and low self esteem that lead into inferiority complexes projected into their "favourite" game vs the "opposition" lol
    You have managed to do an amazing amount of projection yourself here, at least where it comes to other forum poster's motivations.

;)
    Post edited by Kyleran on

"I should run a marathon backwards. So I could see what second place look like" Royce da 5'9"

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, back in EVE until then

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BabuinixBabuinix Member RarePosts: 1,959
    Kyleran said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Yeap despite what some "gamers" think there's no animosity between dev's with "competing" games besides the personal beefs that some higher heads might have.

They like and embrace their peers work and are happy that other games are successful and just laugh at the petty forum warriors. Great games are possible because of great dev's and great dev's become great because they are passionate about their craft no matter who does it, if it's well done they will appreciate it and get motivation to be even better.
    Agreed.  We're gamers, the passion sometimes overrides the reasoning.  I'm guilty of it just the same as anyone else who has a passion for the hobby. ;)

But devs should be able to encourage one another through friendly competition, absolutely!
    Indeed they do, actually the thread about that joke in the Star Citizen subreddit is the highest voted one of the day and even CCP dev's and CIG ones posted showcasing the good spirits between them:

It's the vocal minority of social inapt that seems to get more enjoyment from trolling and drama than actually from playing video-games that likes to thing there should be e-wars going on between games and devs. I think that comes mostly from insecurities and low self esteem that lead into inferiority complexes projected into their "favourite" game vs the "opposition" lol
    You have managed to do an amazing amount of projection yourself here, at least where it comes to other forum poster's motivations.

;)
    Yeah because I'm the one who feels the need to go into forum threads of games I don't like and talk shit ad nauseam to make me feel better :D

• MensurMensur Member RarePosts: 727
    Erillion said:
    The first commentator in that MassivelyOp article is - as can be expected - the ever faithful Smarty ! Surpriiiiise. And he calls it "crap". Surpriiiiise.

But the second poster (called: jay) already sums up everything that can be said about that article:

"It’s not like a ship with two arms sticking out of the front of it as a mining /salvage ship was CCP’s original ideal. The idea for that type of ship design has been around in Sci-Fi for longer than either one of these MMO’s existed, if you are really into sci-fi literature & film.

And other than the arms, the ships are different enough skin wise as to not even be similar. TO be fair, I’m not a Star Citizen fan boy or anything, I’m just a realist."

Numerous other posters have pointed out that anything handling standard freight containers usually ends up looking like either a forklift or a landtrain truck.

Have fun

after this comment I just cant understand why this thread is so long..it sums up everything.
    Babuinix
  • WizardryWizardry Member EpicPosts: 14,951
    Funny how yet again SC makes the news on it's cash shop ships and not the game,this has been an ongoing occurrence for years now,really sad.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 5,244
    edited June 21
    Wizardry said:
    Funny how yet again SC makes the news on it's cash shop ships and not the game,this has been an ongoing occurrence for years now,really sad.
    You realise you are the only person in this thread to mention cash shop? Does that - in your words - make you sad? 
    Post edited by gervaise1 on