Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Voices & Sounds of Summerset Introduced in New Dev Blog - Elder Scrolls Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageThe Voices & Sounds of Summerset Introduced in New Dev Blog - Elder Scrolls Online - MMORPG.com

Elder Scrolls Online News - The Elder Scrolls Online site has been updated with a lengthy introduction to the fine folks being the music, sounds and voices found in the Summerset content expansion. Readers will meet composers, voice actors and other folks who bring the world to life through sound.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Have not played ESO but if it is like all the other Elder Scrolls games that picture is literally the entire cast of voice actors for all the NPCs.
    Grendizer73

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I really liked the Summerset expansion; the music, the stories, everything about it. When I finished all the stories I wanted it to keep going.
    patryns[Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I really liked how they made the main theme music much more dramatic for Summerset. It kind of reminded me of how Game of Thrones took their iconic theme to new levels in later seasons: it's the same as the original but much better orchestration - more dramatic.

Ben Diskin really knocked it out of the park voicing the Augur of the Obscure.

With respect to sights, sound and atmosphere they did a fantastic job with Summerset.

If only the same team had been in charge of jewelry crafting :)
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Iselin said:

oh dear! Musicians/composers making game systems!

Be careful what you wish for! I couldn't even keep bowling score the other night ... B)
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    I still haven’t even touched Morrowind yet. I’m trying to get through Orsinium. The wealth of content in ESO is astonishing
  • patrynspatryns Member UncommonPosts: 81
    The game is unplayable right now with all the Lag and Freezes on the PS4 and I hear other platforms. I found Summerset borning.
  • GrizzkhitGrizzkhit Member UncommonPosts: 16
    No problems for me on PC at least. I do not play through steam either so I have no issues at all with ESO. Still haven't reached Summerset, currently working on the Morrowind expansion. But I'm loving the voice acting and writing in this game.
  • RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327
    Can they finally add some "chink" sounds for running in plate and chain? Sorta like what they have for mounts. Dunno why but it bugs me being so soft footed
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Sovrath said:
    Iselin said:

oh dear! Musicians/composers making game systems!

Be careful what you wish for! I couldn't even keep bowling score the other night ... B)
    I wasn't entirely serious but think about it. Music and sounds in a game can be done poorly or badly and the team at ESO responsible for that has shown a consistent track record of excellence and improvement over 4 years, as has their world building team.

Yes I know they are "just artists" and they are not usually the ones that rise to more responsible positions in AAA gaming studios - they typically come from other teams. Maybe it's time for someone with a proven track record of recognizing and releasing quality art or sound to be given a chance to have sign-off authority for the quality of other systems... just a thought.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED