Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Second Look - TheHiveLeader - Blade & Soul Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageSecond Look - TheHiveLeader - Blade & Soul Videos - MMORPG.com

It's been nearly three years since TheHiveLeader played Blade & Soul. Due to a oddly high number of request, Hive's jumping back into the game to see if a second look could change his original opinion. So have the game gotten better? Let's find out!

Read the full story here

Comments

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    Now I'm hungry for MOAR Project 1999 my Barb shaman! Haven't played in all too long.
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Typos can be SO funny -- "High number of request," eh?
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    The fact this needs a second look says what bad a state MMO's are in right now.
    MidPrincess
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited June 2018
    I never got into this game because I found the combat to actiony and decided to skip it. I was able to handle BDO combat but the combos I think it was gave me problems in this game.
    Post edited by cheyane on
    Chamber of Chains
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Love this game but would have liked to see Hive go a bit more in depth with it. 
    alkarionlog
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065

Gorwe said:

Viper482 said:

Perhaps. Can't speak for Hive, but I like to give second chances and see whether something has changed(both for positive and negative ; also applies both to things I enjoyed and the ones I did not). Regardless of that, yeah the MMO genre isn't looking that spiff and shiny anymore.

But if there is something else out there worth playing that has your attention do you go back and give mediocre crap a second look?
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Great vid. One of your best. Please do more of these! :)

Joined - July 2004

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    meh if you don't liked the game before right now you will not like, the game is worse.
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • MidPrincessMidPrincess Member UncommonPosts: 89

Viper482 said:

I played B&S in Chinese for about two years before it ever hit these shores. It's pretty, and the combat is fun, and that is basically it. Gathering and crafting are possibly the worst I've ever seen, zones are tiny even with the gliding etc, dungeons are generally easy and can be button-mashed through, PvP is typically a disaster...I'm not saying it doesn't have its fun parts, and honestly my first few months with the game were rather enjoyable. But the shine wears off very quickly. I can get by with enough Chinese that I could have hung around, but the combination of lag and boredom got to me.

So before it even arrived here, myself and some other vets of foreign versions tried to warn folks but you know how the hype trains roll now. I briefly tried this Western version and found it to be censored and dull, and for some odd reason it didn't run very smoothly, I kept getting some weird kind of freeze-lag and it just killed the experience. Not that I missed much, lol. But yeah you are absolutely right, giving something like this a "second look" is not good news for the genre lol.
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    game is a lot of fun but waaaay to p2w at end game with no value for the money they expect you to spend
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Unfortunately this type of revisit is just a reflection of very little happening in the new mmorpg market.
    Viper482
  • metal0xmetal0x Member UncommonPosts: 72
    The story is streamlined now that is why you can 1 hit kill most things.

From the look of the footage you took you barely got past lvl14 and that is super easy stuff (bout 5% of the story done if that). Most of the hard stuff is at end game. You get more skills unlocked as u go and eventually get ultimate skills when at lvl55 current lvl cap. They also give you accessories, legendary weapon and legendary soul shields from quests.

Currently a fresh lvl55 would be doing DT, EC, and NF for legendary accessories but after 6/20 you can get them from CB where you will be farming peaches till your hair falls out.

Weeklies are really hot right now cause of the mats you get along with the gold. Three raid dungeons that are fairly fast to do that u can do once a week. Along with HARD raids that u also can do weekly that most ppl do with their clan. (btw, been playing since release)