Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon: Warrior In-Depth Look!

[/yt]

Comments

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662
    Those graphics are impressive.  Honestly, I don't know what to expect from Pantheon and I'm not getting my hopes up, but basically, if it produces an EQish style with an improvement in graphics and an evolution in gameplay...I think it will have achieved its goal.  Based on this video, I would say it looks like it has hit the mark graphically.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited June 2018
    Pretty good recap of the warrior's abilities, quite a bit of utility.

But I wonder if players are going to be asked to specialize in their builds or do all warriors get access to all abilities equally?
    Hatefull

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Would have liked to have watched the video, but I would need subtitles. That accent is just incomprehensible to me.
    KyleranSlyLoKMrMelGibson
  • SinistSinist Member RarePosts: 1,369
    Zindaihas said:
    Those graphics are impressive.  Honestly, I don't know what to expect from Pantheon and I'm not getting my hopes up, but basically, if it produces an EQish style with an improvement in graphics and an evolution in gameplay...I think it will have achieved its goal.  Based on this video, I would say it looks like it has hit the mark graphically.
    I was never worried about graphics, in fact, the very early footage years ago where the combat was clunky looking and the graphics looked extremely dated was perfectly fine if they kept that. My concern was that they held to original game play foundations with the only "advances" being that of minor changes in line with that core.

What this game depends on more than anything else is holding on to strict game play focused system. If they cast off that goal and compromise too much to modern standards, the game will be yet another unintelligible sound in a room filled with white noise and while that may prove successful at the start, it will result in yet another product that people chew threw and discard in their cycle of bored play. 

Some have argued over the years that this game needs to appeal to a mainstream to succeed, while I say that it is that very attempt which will seal its fate. 

The game so far I am personally undecided on. I do not like many aspects of its designs (I think they lend themselves too much to that of modern systems), but you can't judge it until it is near its completion. 

I will say that one thing I think is going to be thorn in the games side is the addition of "DPS" as a core role. This inclusion as such I believe was extremely detrimental to EQ's design when players themselves began to rubber stamp roles into the Holy Trinity and started to refer to some classes as "DPS". 
    craftseeker
  • 05rsx91105rsx911 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    what class is aradune. wearing the plate and 2 fire swords?
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    05rsx911 said:
    what class is aradune. wearing the plate and 2 fire swords?
    He made his own special class, just for himself. Half-wizzard, Half- warrior. He calls it a Warwizzard. 
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    This is probably the only gnome in any game I've thought was cool.  I'd love a battlemage btw. Maybe expansion?