Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is it after the patch?

Comments

• HachlathHachlath Member UncommonPosts: 55
    edited December 2017
    hmm... Most people  (99,99%) stopped playing years ago when the devs stopped it for a survival game, and never came back.

http://steamcharts.com/app/322300

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    edited December 2017
    The new owners (devs of Hero Engine) are going through the whole game apparently, fixing bugs, trying to fix the world seam problems, redoing textures etc. And supposedly untangling spaghetti code and weird engine hacks.

Anyway, if they plan to do this thoroughly before actually working on the game's mechanics, who knows how long this will take. They don't seem to be in a hurry to get new players anyway. As if they want to get the basics right before starting marketing again.

I have no idea what to expect from this new team, but so far their communication is very open. Their approach can be read in detail. Which makes me wonder if this is just a project to test their engine on. But atm, don't expect any big new content patches or overhauls.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited December 2017
    I logged in months ago and just logged in today.  I think it said I was in a training instance which would be why I didn't see any other players.  Game runs smother than the last time I played.  Some quest givers are voiced but most are not.  Easy to follow the arrows to do the quests, last time I was completely lost.  Basic getting to know the game questing at this point.  Haven't gotten pass basic training yet.

I would say slow improvements.  Looks just like an early development that reminds me a little of SWG.  OK, music.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited December 2017
    Players : cf steamcharts
    Last 30 Days 4.8 -2.2 -31.11% 21
    November 2017 6.9 +3.6 +107.21% 29
    October 2017 3.4 +0.0 +1.20% 11
    September 2017 3.3 +0.4 +15.38% 9
    August 2017 2.9 -2.5 -46.50% 10
    July 2017 5.4 -3.4 -38.77% 14
    June 2017 8.8 -7.7 -46.92% 22

As everyone can see, on all servers we don't have enough players for ONE guild. Average players november = not even 7 players for the MONTH.  At the end of SWG, we could met more players on the cantina in MO than on EU + US servers. Why ? because of stop and go, new direction taken by the devs (we payed for a "new swg like" not for a  survival game) + fact actual devs takes enormous time to code the patch + the game looks old + old area was much better. When you arrive on the city, if you can pass the beggining you're simply alone with mobs. Alone.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Hachlath said:

As everyone can see, on all servers we don't have enough players for ONE guild. Average players november = not even 7 players for the MONTH.  At the end of SWG, we could met more players on the cantina in MO than on EU + US servers. Why ? because of stop and go, new direction taken by the devs (we payed for a "new swg like" not for a  survival game) + fact actual devs takes enormous time to code the patch + the game looks old + old area was much better. When you arrive on the city, if you can pass the beggining you're simply alone with mobs. Alone.

Tbh, if it hadn't been for the arrival of patch 15.10.1 in the last 30 days, those daily player numbers would probably have been down to zero by now, lol

The new team have big plans though, so we'll see how it all takes shape in 2018. The game world is being rebuilt from scratch, which is obviously not going to happen overnight...

https://therepopulation.com/forums/repopulation/general/prototype-map-of-rhyldan-13157
    I wish good luck and all the best to devs.  i wish you a merry christmas I wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year :)
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    I wish everyone happiness and joy and everything positive because they're too sensitive for the truth. 
    Sarrene
  • SarreneSarrene Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! May everyone's holiday be grand and may each have an even better year!

Hachlath said:

Tbh, if it hadn't been for the arrival of patch 15.10.1 in the last 30 days, those daily player numbers would probably have been down to zero by now, lol

The new team have big plans though, so we'll see how it all takes shape in 2018. The game world is being rebuilt from scratch, which is obviously not going to happen overnight...

https://therepopulation.com/forums/repopulation/general/prototype-map-of-rhyldan-13157

It is much appreciated as you have been very vocal about the positive and negative and it has been a great help! I appreciate it greatly... As well as everyone else that has helped us along the way with feedback.

As far as what we can do, all we can do is our best. Hopefully this holiday has been an overall good one for the Repop community. Granted we do not have hundreds on line, but we have been hitting a total of between 40-60 on average (both steam and stand alone). So that is encouraging. I hope that the feedback continues and we (devs and community) can help shape the game that most of you want to play again.

Do note that Steam does not register those that are on stand alone version (non steam) but all do play on the same server together.

Happy Holidays to everyone around the world, no matter where you may be.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Sarrene said:
    Hachlath said:

It is much appreciated as you have been very vocal about the positive and negative and it has been a great help! I appreciate it greatly... As well as everyone else that has helped us along the way with feedback.

As far as what we can do, all we can do is our best. Hopefully this holiday has been an overall good one for the Repop community. Granted we do not have hundreds on line, but we have been hitting a total of between 40-60 on average (both steam and stand alone). So that is encouraging. I hope that the feedback continues and we (devs and community) can help shape the game that most of you want to play again.

Do note that Steam does not register those that are on stand alone version (non steam) but all do play on the same server together.

Happy Holidays to everyone around the world, no matter where you may be.
    It's certainly a complex and unique game in the current field.  Good luck to you guys, I certainly hope you can guys can turn the project around and attract a solid playerbase in the near future!

Thank you MadFrenchie! It is much appreciated, we will do our best and see what happens. And aye, it is quite a complex game.

I do welcome anyone to stop on by and visit the forums. We try to keep everyone updated. Also have Discord that many are active on. All are welcome!

Peace!
    MadFrenchie
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    The new dev team applied a hotfix for a post-patch bug on Sunday, which was also the day before Xmas !

Now THAT should be an indication of how committed they are. It's alpha after all, not even a launched game...

Repop has a long way to go, but I'm beginning to believe that it WILL get there. The next 12 months will be very interesting.
    MadFrenchieHachlath
    edited January 2018
    1 server 34 players ...  (I was one of the 34 playe rs online 5 mins ago.)
    Ok so I'd better come back to TESO. Good luck to devs and last players( Last 33 ones) Game is not bad, its playable but don't know how devs could relaunch it. 
    Post edited by Hachlath on
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Hachlath said:
    1 server 34 players ...  (I was one of the 34 playe rs online 5 mins ago.)
    Ok so I'd better come back to TESO. Good luck to devs and last players( Last 33 ones) Game is not bad, its playable but don't know how devs could relaunch it. 
    Life is Feudal is phenomenal in terms of sandbox, too, if you're looking for a sandbox fix :)
    no thanks !
    Kyleran said:
    So apparently its not possible to bring this one back to life.
    http://steamcharts.com/app/322300 :p

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Hachlath said:
    Kyleran said:

An average of 7 players, wonder how many of those were developers  :o

This game isn't dead as it never actually 'lived'.
    As far as being the final nail in Hero Engines coffin, honestly, that was several years ago. ;)
    Phry said:
    Hachlath said:
    Kyleran said:

An average of 7 players, wonder how many of those were developers  :o

This game isn't dead as it never actually 'lived'.
    As far as being the final nail in Hero Engines coffin, honestly, that was several years ago. ;)
    That is a good question Phry,
    Actually none of those are developers. We do not go through Steam so it is not recorded as us being on. This also includes any QA testers on stand alone or in the blade, as Steam only counts those going through Steam itself.

;) and Happy Fathers day everyone!
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited June 2018
    Of the early access/kickstarter games I gave money to this has been the one I regret the most.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    It was doing well before it shut down. It had a lot of hype actually for a SWG-esque MMO. But after that happened, the shut down pretty much killed it. 

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Not impressive, but a lot better than none. :) Sorry, I tend to look at the positive more so than the negative at times.

Do note that since we purchased the game last year we have not done any marketing yet. We do want to get several things sorted and fixed before then to be fair for all those that purchase the game after. Any hype, I want to keep real.

:)
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I didn't r alize it launched.  Last I remembered, they were changing engines and pushing it back.  I'm kinda confused now if I'm thinking of the right game.

I self identify as a monkey.

edited June 2018
    The Repoulation was created and originally developed by Above and Beyond Technologies. They were originally going to switch engines, and they developed another game on the Unreal 4 engine, Fragmented.

We (Idea Fabrik) purchased the game (The Repopulation IP only, not Fragmented nor the company.) in 2017 and began working on the game in March and brought the servers up for testing for all those that had backed the game prior, moving the game back to Alpha.

Later in the year we opened basic sales for Steams Early Access, however we have not really done any marketing other than progress and game updates via social media (at this time).

If you are interested you can check out the news page (https://therepopulation.com/news)for more information about the progress and the direction of the game.

Love us or hate us, all we can promise is to do our best. :) There are currently two different teams, one for HeroEngine and one for The Repopulation. Two large updates have gone out, and several smaller ones and hotfixes since November 2017.

We have the next larger update (hopefully before fall) which includes a badly needed combat revamp and a lot of LOD issues fixed (related to both art and combat/targeting).

:)

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    I dont go by active player stats during EA stage as alot of peeps will play a little and stop playign and play a little after each big patch update. Only when it comes very close to leaving EA stage do activity of players start to take shape.

This game has been on my wishlist/watch list for a while. It had very bad reviews BEFORE going to differant developers, since then i dont know much else about it. So only the newer reviews will help (old reviews should be removed and scrapped however in my opinion as they are misleading and came from previous developers.
    Thank you Manestream,
    We actually did discuss removing them, as we had the ability when we took over. However, being that this is part of the games history, we also did not want to erase it.

It is a mixed bag for sure and can be quite confusing for some. However, we did wish to keep all history (Reviews and official forum posts) so players could see the transparency.

Plus, there are some good reviews even if they are negative, it lets us know what players see, issues they have with the game and where we need to focus on at each step.

Sadly there was no way to archive them, we had the option of all or none.
    In my mind, "none" was a bit drastic, especially with both the issue of transparency and the history outlining problems with the game.