Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Bless Emissary turns his back on the game

123457»

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Warning language

This is JonahVeil - now an ex-emissary for Bless

https://clips.twitch.tv/ElegantPunchyGrassVoteNay
    Yeah but why? That video is just some dude saying he has changed his mind about it being a cash grab. Details please.

And WTF is an "emmisary"? Is that just a Bless euphemism for "influencer"? Why would anyone in their right mind have listened to them in the first place?

Sounds just like paid mercenary pseudo-journalists leaving a sinking ship to try to salvage what credibility they have and cash in somewhere else down the line.

God, people are getting stupider by the minute these days.
    Just watched the video Kano posted about the first emissary who left.

Piss poor translation (some literally translated into words that are completely incorrect and make no sense), 10-15 FPS, 30+ minutes to complete tutorial because of the way a quest item spawns, among other issues.  The translation seems to be "we put this into Google translate the copy/pasted the result back into the game" levels of atrocious.

Have to agree with the emissary, this shit was a cash grab of the highest order.  They "localized" it but didn't even check the translations.  They made mistakes that titles made years ago and have already learned from.  It's a step backwards for the genre.
    Think about it.  How often do people say they rarely or never read the quest or story text? Look how many claim to be enjoying themselves in spite of this.

Sort of makes sense they wouldnt spend much effort on it.
    Out of curiosity. What server are you on? What class do you play? How did you do on first entry to your starter area?
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited June 2018
    DarkHigh said:
    still better than what Trion turned archeage into
    Well, no. At least in Archeage at this very moment you can be a new player, and play while being absolutely oblivious to how stupid the game for a month.

Bless literally starts to go left the minute your credit card is charged, and you download the client and flip the on switch.

Post edited by FlyByKnight on
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,490
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Warning language

Yeah but why? That video is just some dude saying he has changed his mind about it being a cash grab. Details please.

And WTF is an "emmisary"? Is that just a Bless euphemism for "influencer"? Why would anyone in their right mind have listened to them in the first place?

Sounds just like paid mercenary pseudo-journalists leaving a sinking ship to try to salvage what credibility they have and cash in somewhere else down the line.

Piss poor translation (some literally translated into words that are completely incorrect and make no sense), 10-15 FPS, 30+ minutes to complete tutorial because of the way a quest item spawns, among other issues.  The translation seems to be "we put this into Google translate the copy/pasted the result back into the game" levels of atrocious.

Have to agree with the emissary, this shit was a cash grab of the highest order.  They "localized" it but didn't even check the translations.  They made mistakes that titles made years ago and have already learned from.  It's a step backwards for the genre.
    Think about it.  How often do people say they rarely or never read the quest or story text? Look how many claim to be enjoying themselves in spite of this.

Out of curiosity. What server are you on? What class do you play? How did you do on first entry to your starter area?
    Uhhhh, what is your point? Or is this the standard launching of a strawman to deflect?

I haven't seen many posters here complain about not understanding how to play the game.  (It's a theme park, just how hard can it be?)

In fact, many folks claim to have played this game in the other regional versions which I would think was quite a challenge.
    YashaXMrMelGibson

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Warning language

Uhhhh, what is your point? Or is this the standard launching of a strawman to deflect?

I haven't seen many posters here complain about not understanding how to play the game.  (It's a theme park, just how hard can it be?)

In fact, many folks claim to have played this game in the other regional versions which I would think was quite a challenge.
    Nope, I'm asking a very basic and simple question.

You're stating somehow localization doesn't matter because people don't read story text and that being some reason as to why a developer wouldn't spend any effort on it.

It appears you've played the game, and have an opinion on what the gripe is.

I was giving you an opportunity to substantiate.
    YashaXKyleranMaurgrim

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    But sarcastic quips are so much easier to make.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,021
    I'm surprised by the amount of threads about this game. Seems there is 3 or 4 more a day popping up lol  
    Guess that old saying " you'll attract more flies with honey than vinegar " isn't applicable here lol.
    Nyctelios
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,598
    I'm surprised by the amount of threads about this game. Seems there is 3 or 4 more a day popping up lol  
    Guess that old saying " you'll attract more flies with honey than vinegar " isn't applicable here lol.
    Well, I think the point is, we're trying to convince a certain group of people that it is indeed vinegar and not honey. The fact it's being talked about in no way creates some illusion that the game is now somehow more popular and bearable.

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,019
    Rhoklaw said:
    Well, I think the point is, we're trying to convince a certain group of people that it is indeed vinegar and not honey. The fact it's being talked about in no way creates some illusion that the game is now somehow more popular and bearable.
    I think that's a major problem for games that launch on steam and only on steam. It is so easy to see player count to determine if the game is healthy or not and lol...those metrics are lookin pretty dire for Bless.
    Rhoklaw

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 12,188
    I see so many of them, I thought one about WH 40K (?) was about Bless and suggested they needed to wipe the severs.

If you do see a thread with lots of complaints check the title first just in case. :)

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    Sephiroso said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    I think that's a major problem for games that launch on steam and only on steam. It is so easy to see player count to determine if the game is healthy or not and lol...those metrics are lookin pretty dire for Bless.
    It depends how many willing to stay after mess its dealing.
  • rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Warning language

Are all the tooltips understandable now and do they tell the player how things actually work? I'm not playing the game but I've seen some weird screenshots showing messed up translations that failed to describe basic game mechanics. I doubt that the majority's complaining about poor translations just because they want to understand the lore of the game.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,490
    edited June 2018
    rertez said:
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Warning language

Are all the tooltips understandable now and do they tell the player how things actually work? I'm not playing the game but I've seen some weird screenshots showing messed up translations that failed to describe basic game mechanics. I doubt that the majority's complaining about poor translations just because they want to understand the lore of the game.
    I guess that was my question, is there a lot of people complaining about not understanding how to play the game due to poor translation in the tool tips? (Outside of this butt hurt Emmisary)

Besides, I'm old school, if I was struggling to understand how things work, (which happens often even with perfect translation) I use my "super powers" to get the info I need.

Search Google, ask in game chat, or ask my guildmates.

I am awesome I know, but seriously,  with some of the other problems this game has complaining about bad translations is a bit ridiculous.

B)

MrMelGibson

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,450
    DarkHigh said:
    still better than what Trion turned archeage into
    Well, no. At least in Archeage at this very moment you can be a new player, and play while being absolutely oblivious to how stupid the game for a month.

Bless literally starts to go left the minute your credit card is charged, and you download the client and flip the on switch.

LOL! I remember that scene in that movie! I saw it in the theater.

MrMelGibson

• MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 3,419
    MadFrenchie said:
    <snip>
    Piss poor translation (some literally translated into words that are completely incorrect and make no sense), 
    Please tell me this was another "All your base am belong to use" class translation.  If so, I may give it a try.  I need a good laugh.
    Kyleran

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    Mendel said:
    MadFrenchie said:
    <snip>
    Piss poor translation (some literally translated into words that are completely incorrect and make no sense), 
    Please tell me this was another "All your base am belong to use" class translation.  If so, I may give it a try.  I need a good laugh.
    Close.  The tutorial was trying to tell the player to equip abilities for both his "combat poises." The translation? "Combat poisoning."
    Kyleran

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,019
    Mendel said:
    MadFrenchie said:
    <snip>
    Close.  The tutorial was trying to tell the player to equip abilities for both his "combat poises." The translation? "Combat poisoning."
    And even poises was a weird choice since the game calls them stances no?
    MadFrenchie

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Sephiroso said:
    Mendel said:
    MadFrenchie said:
    <snip>
    And even poises was a weird choice since the game calls them stances no?
    As much as I know the game calls stances "combat poises" and the task tells the player to use "combat poisoning".

Some skill tooltips even tell the opposite of what the skills actually do.
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Kyleran said:
    rertez said:
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Warning language

I guess that was my question, is there a lot of people complaining about not understanding how to play the game due to poor translation in the tool tips? (Outside of this butt hurt Emmisary)

Besides, I'm old school, if I was struggling to understand how things work, (which happens often even with perfect translation) I use my "super powers" to get the info I need.

I am awesome I know, but seriously,  with some of the other problems this game has complaining about bad translations is a bit ridiculous.

B)

I've often wondered why people use the bad translation as a reason to refund/quit. I mean, bashing the game for a bad translation is justified in the sense that they paid money for a product. But the game being released on Early Access meant it wasn't polished and would undergo changes over that period.

Refunding it for a poor translation though... it wasn't impossible to understand quest text and instructions. It didn't stop game play and personally I never felt it hindered progression. Sure, the new mechanic they implemented had poor English in it's own tutorial, which was incredibly silly. If a poor translation is enough to be a deal breaker for people, they really have no mental constitution... 
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    Linif said:
    Kyleran said:
    rertez said:
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Warning language

B)

I've often wondered why people use the bad translation as a reason to refund/quit. I mean, bashing the game for a bad translation is justified in the sense that they paid money for a product. But the game being released on Early Access meant it wasn't polished and would undergo changes over that period.

Refunding it for a poor translation though... it wasn't impossible to understand quest text and instructions. It didn't stop game play and personally I never felt it hindered progression. Sure, the new mechanic they implemented had poor English in it's own tutorial, which was incredibly silly. If a poor translation is enough to be a deal breaker for people, they really have no mental constitution... 
    Bad translation is broken grammar that still gets the general point across.  "You are 12 level" is bad translation.  Combat poisoning in the friggin tutorial is "we don't give a fuck, just make dat money!" translation.
    MisterZebub

• VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 5,924
    Linif said:
    Kyleran said:
    rertez said:
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Warning language

B)

Bad translation is easy to notice when you still have time to refund.

Personally I look it as, if they have done half-assed job with translation then much more likely to do half-assed job with other tasks that come with operating the game in West.
    MadFrenchierertezcheyane

• BlessHacksBlessHacks Member CommonPosts: 4
    btw there is also a taming bot and a turban mod