Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Peeking Into the Future & Why Neowiz Chose Early Access - Bless - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 199

They did Nerf the DMG and actually they did band anyone who did the dupe gotcha x about of times. I know this because my friend was stupid enough to do the glitch 10 times.

yah but the ban is only for 3 days and max 15 days. Even then people were stating that their items were not removed. A permanent ban should have been more in order not just a 15 day ban and they get to keep their items they got from cheating.
    ceratop001

I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    The steamcharts tell a pretty clear story: the large majority found less than a few week's worth of fun, and the term fun may be a bit of an exaggeration. For an MMORPG, that's pretty piss poor.

Let it continue to nose-dive. Perhaps the next developer/publisher will think twice about releasing a fundamentally broken game.
    ceratop001

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    The steamcharts tell a pretty clear story: the large majority found less than a few week's worth of fun, and the term fun may be a bit of an exaggeration. For an MMORPG, that's pretty piss poor.

Let it continue to nose-dive. Perhaps the next developer/publisher will think twice about releasing a fundamentally broken game.
    If we assume that at maximum 50% of players were online simultaneously and on average a package costed $40, that means Bless just made 34 000 / 0,5 * 40$ = 2,7 million dollars without even translating their game properly.

If anything this means next half-dead Asian MMO will copy their cash-grab strategy.
    MadFrenchieceratop001

Vrika said:

If we assume that at maximum 50% of players were online simultaneously and on average a package costed $40, that means Bless just made 34 000 / 0,5 * 40$ = 2,7 million dollars without even translating their game properly.

If anything this means next half-dead Asian MMO will copy their cash-grab strategy.
    True enough, they saved a lot of cash by, y'know, not having to create a game to sell.

What's best for producers isn't necessarily best for consumers.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
  • AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Vrika said:

I doubt they got 2.7 million, With the refunds and steam takes 30%.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Tryed to warn folks about this cowpie , but so many jumped right into it headfirst , now you gotta clean the stink off your self ..

I wonder which region Bless can fool next , ohh wait outa regions .. ...But they can still rerelease the Enhanced Version "Blessed Again " Im certain we have lots of folks willing to erhmm dive into the cowpie again
  • KinringKinring Member UncommonPosts: 104

Nilden said:

The game is four years old. Launched in Korea, Japan and Russia.

Early Access my a:):).

I agree with you that EA is a bullshit excuse, but the page you linked clearly states that it released last year...not four years ago. It released in KR first (quoted below) then went to Russia for a failed launch then came west. I have even seen people say that this game released 8 years ago, which would be before Neowiz Bless Studio was even created. Amazing! I wish I could release a product before I even create the company that develops the product.

The link you provided states:
    "Since August 2017, the open beta phase of Bless is available on South Korean servers."

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    If you bought this game I feel your pain. Even though I wanted to try it I was not stupid enough to buy it. My fellow gamers you need to look at games in more depth now. Shady business practices within the mmorpg community are upon you. All this pre alpha pre pre beta bullshit is getting old. Do not spend a dime until the reviews come in.
    insanelyodd

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    dodged that bullet , phew , was checking every other day and was about to buy it but decided to wait and see...the train.....wrecked shortly after leaving the station
  • AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    If you don't like it, don't buy it.  The people who spent 30 bucks and are still playing now realize it is early access and the game will change.  Why be so miserable?  Just move on instead of spreading hate.   I still bought it knowing all the issues that were spreading around and have gotten WAY WAY more than my 30 dollars worth and I know it is early access.  Do some research FFS.
      OMG I am Ancient!
    Azmodeus said:
    If you don't like it, don't buy it.  The people who spent 30 bucks and are still playing now realize it is early access and the game will change.  Why be so miserable?  Just move on instead of spreading hate.   I still bought it knowing all the issues that were spreading around and have gotten WAY WAY more than my 30 dollars worth and I know it is early access.  Do some research FFS.
    As @Vrika mentioned, the success or failure of this title doesn't exist in a vacuum.  Folks are tired of seeing broken games taking cash, not wiping, and hiding behind EA labels, but so long as a substantial enough portion of gamers continue to throw money at them, we'll continue to see them.
    RhomsNilden

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Vrika said:

They didn't make 2.7 million dollars though. Or are you forgetting the refund spree that was so bad that valve broke their own rules on refunding and allowed it past the 2 hour mark?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Their description of early access is the same for alpha and beta. With companies charging for alpha and beta access now a days the funds would have still been coming in, plus there would have been a wipe putting everyone on equal footing at launch without the dupping problem.

Perhaps they wanted to make sure people paid up front for the game by calling it early access with a two day head start and perhaps they will come up with additional charges for launch to get those who have already paid to pay some more... perhaps.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Azmodeus said:
    As @Vrika mentioned, the success or failure of this title doesn't exist in a vacuum.  Folks are tired of seeing broken games taking cash, not wiping, and hiding behind EA labels, but so long as a substantial enough portion of gamers continue to throw money at them, we'll continue to see them.

Maybe we don't need saving from you or another knight in shining armor in here.  We are grownups with jobs who know that hundreds of hours spent in an early access game for 30 dollars is money well spent.  I still rather play Bless than BDO or ESO for it has better combat for ME.  I appreciate you trying to save me from the big bad company trying to make money but I don't need your help.  
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Sephiroso said:
    Vrika said:

They didn't make 2.7 million dollars though. Or are you forgetting the refund spree that was so bad that valve broke their own rules on refunding and allowed it past the 2 hour mark?
    It's likely that they actually made much more than 2.7 million. Their max. population was achieved on Wednesday at midnight Germany time and unlike USA it wasn't a holiday in Europe. My estimation on how many people purchased the game is conservative.

• RhomsRhoms Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Azmodeus said:
    Azmodeus said:

Maybe we don't need saving from you or another knight in shining armor in here.  We are grownups with jobs who know that hundreds of hours spent in an early access game for 30 dollars is money well spent.  I still rather play Bless than BDO or ESO for it has better combat for ME.  I appreciate you trying to save me from the big bad company trying to make money but I don't need your help.  
    I am glad you are enjoying the game.  However, a lot of other people aren't, and as @MadFrenchie alluded, with such a large and well-known disappointment, many of us are much wiser consumers now with clearer expectations and demands for developer transparency.  These folks should and will be taking their dollars elsewhere.
    MadFrenchie

Current game: Pillars of Eternity

Played: UO, AC, Eve, Fallen Earth, Aion, GW, GW2 

Tried: WOW, Rift, SWTOR, ESO 

Future: Camelot Unchained?  Crowfall?  Bless?

That's the beauty of it, some find it fun, and some don't.  /America   It wouldn't have been a large disappointment for a lot if research was done.  I knew there was zero endgame in this version of the Early Access.  I did NOT rush to endgame, instead I am taking every class to 40s to see the different playstyles, and have had fun doing it.  Even if they did nothing else to the game (which will not happen), I have gotten way more enjoyment than the money I spent.  
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Vrika said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Vrika said:

It's likely that they actually made much more than 2.7 million. Their max. population was achieved on Wednesday at midnight Germany time and unlike USA it wasn't a holiday in Europe. My estimation on how many people purchased the game is conservative.
    You're still ignoring refunds. You're also ignoring steam's cut. They didn't make 2.7 million at the end of the day.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Azmodeus said:
    Azmodeus said:

You mistake me- I'm not trying to save you from anything.

Judging from the reviews and quickly falling population, there's much better titles to spend money on.  You may not like titles such as ESO, but comparing ESO to Bless shows as objective a quality difference as is possible.  Alas, the more folks that buy into pre-release hype and support releases that are objectively inferior quality to titles like ESO, the wider the door opens for future broken titles that earn their money off of building hype instead of delivering high-quality, finished products.

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Constantly reading the same things posted by people in regards to .ini files, translations, pre-order items locked to one toon. Early Access excuses by white knights, and many other points. There's only two points that need to be said.

1. The game (after currency exchange) cost $61 million to develop and has been in a release state for several years. Early Access is just a label to excuse a poor game to try and milk the last profits from a failed game as possible. As investors have only seen approximately a third of their investment returned prior to the release in the West.

2. DX9. The game is using software released in 2004 for Windows XP. Unreal Engine 3 offers support up to DX11 according to Epic Games (who own the engine). The game is still running DX9 purely because the company doesn't invest the time and money into updating it to DX11. Any claims to improving performance are bullshit until that update takes place. What they did do to improve performance was remove terrain/npc's/monsters from the world to decrease memory usage. Any developer that resorts to removing elements in the game to avoid updating and investing, isn't worth supporting.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited June 2018
    Azmodeus said:
    Azmodeus said:

That logic is perfectly fine if you're playing a single player game or maybe even some kind of lobby game, but not a mmorpg. You need people to do stuff with or the game either goes p2w to compensate for revenue loss or just shuts down (like its done at least twice before). But I'm sure either of those options are fine with you if the playerbase hits below 1k next month, right?
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I have nothing to add about Bless as a game. Anyone who has played a good PC game can make their own distinctions.

I spent money on Bless, but I saved 5 people I know from spending on it. I can honestly say I cost Neowiz 5 times what I paid.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    I knew this game was DOA a year ago and I hardly even looked at it, i'm surprised people are surprised.