Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Main Theme from Battle for Azeroth - World of Warcraft Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMain Theme from Battle for Azeroth - World of Warcraft Videos - MMORPG.com

The World of Warcraft team has released the main orchestral theme for Battle for Azeroth. Called "Before the Storm", the music has been composed by Glenn Stafford, with assistance from Neal Acree, Sam Cardon, Clint Bajakian, David Arkenstone and classic WoW themes by Jason Hayes.

Read the full story here

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    E P I C

Joined - July 2004

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    For the proper Launch Day Experience close your eyes, listen again to the music and imagine the wow login screen with the following written across it " You Have Been Disconnected From The Server"
    [Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• learis1learis1 Member UncommonPosts: 169
    This is a terrible Main Theme. It's not even a main theme. It's a mish mosh of different themes collaged together. The only main themish parts of it were those in the very beginning that were prior made Alliance and Horde themes. Nothing stood out, it all just felt like background ambience music. Sorry to be a debby downer but that's simply my racial ability and it has no cooldown.

Mend and Defend

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383

learis1 said:

This is a terrible Main Theme. It's not even a main theme. It's a mish mosh of different themes collaged together. The only main themish parts of it were those in the very beginning that were prior made Alliance and Horde themes. Nothing stood out, it all just felt like background ambience music. Sorry to be a debby downer but that's simply my racial ability and it has no cooldown.

You should go ahead and nerf ot remove it, it does nothing for your progress.

Anyway I enjoyed the theme the different flow does a good job at me picturing a scene as it works through the the factions.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Russell Brower has been "instrumental" (LOL!) in all of the expansion music but was forced out of Blizzard not all that long ago. This is the first expansion ever that doesn't have his music and, at least in my opinion, it shows. Still, I don't dislike it by any stretch.

More on Brower's departure from Blizzard after 12 years:

https://www.mmorpg.com/world-of-warcraft/news/russell-brower-leaving-blizzard-after-12-years-1000044950
    MrMelGibson[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯