Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 76 - Bivouac with C.A.M.P. - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageFallout 76 - Bivouac with C.A.M.P. - MMORPG.com

With Bethesda’s Fallout 76 presentation at E3, fans are already pumped for the next entry in the franchise. Red Thomas steps in to crush dreams and incite nerd-rage by explaining how the game won’t be exactly what a lot of folks seem to be expecting.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Rain_DeathravenRain_Deathraven Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Atleast dosen't have the Decay system like in Conan Exiles.
    That system is extremly frustrating for a casual player.

Conan Exile decay system explained:
    "The new decay system will start a timer after players are not around for approximately one hour of in-game time. Once that timer runs out, players that do not own the structures will be able to dismantle them. If a lone building piece is left alone after an additional period of time, it will demolish automatically"
    MadFrenchie3domAlomarSiegeMachinespeedylegs8infomatz
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited June 2018
    Not sure how camps remaining after you log off will work with the megaserver tech. (That is the plan, correct?)

Seems like players won't have a whole lotta control over the instancing in which their base is placed. Likely means that, due to the PvP nature of the game, certain folks will win the lottery, so to speak, and get their base seeded into a low pop instance, reducing the chances that it gets attacked and destroyed, while others will be spawned into full pop instances, meaning there's ample other players who can attack it. That doesn't sound like a good system to me, but we're missing a ton of details about the instancing afaik.

All in all, PvP with the shared world focus leaves me with heavy doubts about how fun that will be. You have no control whatsoever over who is in your instance- be that a friendly-minded player or a group of asshats who are all on Discord together. I don't care to leave my base to that kind of dice roll, personally, and I would imagine by the popularity of private servers in most survival games that many others won't enjoy that, either.
    Rain_Deathravenbartoni33wandericainfomatz

• BlinkennBlinkenn Member UncommonPosts: 166
    "If you lose your base, you can just start a new one with all the accumulated blueprints and knowledge you already had."
    That leaves out a huge part of needing the material resources to actually build, so I highly doubt you can just start a new one.
    Rain_Deathraven3domJeleenaSiegeMachine
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Not enough clear details to make any real conclusions about the system.

I think if they do go this.. full PvP, destructible base.. route then they are going to annoy a lot of loyal Fallout fans.

Survival fans will love it.
    bartoni33
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited June 2018
    At least this one has third-person view - so not bad.

Although the idea to re-build demolished bases repeatedly seems a bit stupid (to put it mildly). Why even build them in the first place? Aren't Cities: Skyline or Civ or Northgard or Planet Coaster or whatever strategy series are suited much better for building?

However I'd be more than happy if there will be the same resource surveying and gathering system + resource market like it was in StarWars: Galaxies (you had to actively survey planet surface for resources, manufacture and place harvesters, stick energy cells into them, relocate them every week to new spots after resource depletion, trade energy and resources with other players, etc).

Thank you for your time!

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Remember its "softcore" survival guys. Base will probably serve as a crafting station and the rest will be mostly optional, just like in F4.
    MadFrenchie[Deleted User]
  • BlinkennBlinkenn Member UncommonPosts: 166
    edited June 2018

Xarko said:

Remember its "softcore" survival guys. Base will probably serve as a crafting station and the rest will be mostly optional, just like in F4.

a handful of trolls that get the codes and nuke you and your buddies 20+hour base build seems a little more harsh than 'softcore'
    Rain_DeathravenHarikenCazrielMMOExposed
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    The question is: How many of this latest Survival game fad will actually survive themselves?
    WylfCazrielinfomatz
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Blinkenn said:

Xarko said:

a handful of trolls that get the codes and nuke you and your buddies 20+hour base build seems a little more harsh than 'softcore'
    Which is why its not gonna be a problem.
    [Deleted User]
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    The instancing is confusing.

So if you build a base and play with friends and the base is shared for all, how will that work? Will there be some sort of faction system to group up or does the owner of the base has to be online for it to spawn to others could make use of it?

It's quite confusing how can there be persistence on that aspect, because otherwise it's just a drop-in co-op instead of a real co-op like with Ark or Conan in terms of base-building.
  • nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    You all need to watch this interview before reading some of the info alot are getting wrong on Fallout 76. In the interview Todd Howard explains everything talked about here.

Muazie

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Seems like another underwhelming Bethesda creation
  • Red_ThomasRed_Thomas Member RarePosts: 666

nolic1 said:

You all need to watch this interview before reading some of the info alot are getting wrong on Fallout 76. In the interview Todd Howard explains everything talked about here.

Ah, so it does pickup built stuff and allows you to re-place it. Well, that's the burden of writing early. You know you'll be wrong about at least a few things.

Blasphemer! Seize him!
    [Deleted User]MMOExposed
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

speedylegs8Xarko
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Carnac says Fallout 76 will end up like Battleborn.
    Cazriel
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Blinkenn said:

Xarko said:

I don't think it will work that way.
    They mentioned the game will be very instanced, 10 to 20 players in an area at a time or something like that. 
    I'd say we need a lot more details before running back into the vault and sealing the doors for another 5 years.
  • PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263
    24 players per server :/

l2p

• AshikuroAshikuro Member UncommonPosts: 68
    I want a single player or invite only co-op or I'm not touching this... played every fallout game since the first one. This might be where I stop.
    GrintchHarikenCazrielfree2playooazraelooinfomatz
  • DudewithPizzaDudewithPizza Member CommonPosts: 3

Atleast dosen't have the Decay system like in Conan Exiles.

That system is extremly frustrating for a casual player.

Conan Exile decay system explained:

"The new decay system will start a timer after players are not around for approximately one hour of in-game time. Once that timer runs out, players that do not own the structures will be able to dismantle them. If a lone building piece is left alone after an additional period of time, it will demolish automatically"

It takes like a week though for it to decay. I don't know if intentional or not but your post makes it sound like your building decays in an hour but thats just when the timer starts.
  • Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266

Based on what standards? Their own? lol

Piscore said:

24 players per server :/

What's a server? How many servers per "world?"

I don't think that statement really means anything yet. I heard it too, but it's hard to know how they're handling it without more info on the engine and such.
    [Deleted User]
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

Ashikuro said:

I want a single player or invite only co-op or I'm not touching this... played every fallout game since the first one. This might be where I stop.

Looks like they want some of that Fortnite money. Every game company is trying to create their own version. Bethesda is using their Fallout IP for this . Not going to waste a dime on this game. The only good thing about it is when it launch's Fallout 4 will go on sale soon after.
    Cazriel
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419

Hariken said:

Ashikuro said:

Looks like they want some of that Fortnite money. Every game company is trying to create their own version. Bethesda is using their Fallout IP for this . Not going to waste a dime on this game. The only good thing about it is when it launch's Fallout 4 will go on sale soon after.

Pretty much a waste of their IP, but that's what devs are doing these days. It's a PvP gankbox, just like every other PvP gankbox that came out last year, is coming out this year or will come out next year. They may not realize that's what they're making, but you know what they say about ducks. And that makes it a very narrow niche game. Why they would do this to Fallout is beyond me.

If I'm wrong, I'll happily eat my hat.
    Pesky
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Ashikuro said:

I'm expecting a GTA 5 like system where we will be able to set up invite only shards. Like you, if there is no way to insulate myself from ass hats, I'm not touching it.