Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Making of Fallout 76 - An In Depth Look Inside the Studio - Fallout 76 Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageThe Making of Fallout 76 - An In Depth Look Inside the Studio - Fallout 76 Videos - MMORPG.com

The NoClip folks are back at it again, this time with a new documentary on the making of Fallout 76. It's nearly 40 minutes of developer interviews and insights into Bethesda's best-kept secret. The NoClip team had the privilege to be "embedded" with a team during its development phase.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited June 2018
    Gameplay 18 mins in is what's important. Graphics look great, but the price for that is only 24 to 30 people on a "sever" thats very small. I see even our "its still Massively at 50" types having issues with that. The nuclear endgame system is interesting was wondering is that not rather like AoC Exiles big monsters? Definitely one to watch, not a MMORPG, but it may be a good game so will keep an eye on it.

You have to love "gamedev speak" :) :

Emergent Moments - I thought that was when I have some special time with my squeeze, but I think its meant to be about gameplay emerging from what you do. But to be honest isn't that what happens in every game all the time?

Regressive Players - Well we get throwbacks to Neanderthals in all walks of life, but no that's actually griefers! Maybe they thought they would be offended by that term, griefers being such sensitive souls as they are.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    As someone who doesn't get into single players games, hoping I'll have a chance to actually play a fallout game with my friends who played the previous ones far too much for my liking ;)
    Scot
    As someone who doesn't get into single players games, hoping I'll have a chance to actually play a fallout game with my friends who played the previous ones far too much for my liking ;)
    That will be an arse, they will be going on about "does that remind you of", "remember when that dude in FO3"...you will be like "who, where, when"? :)
    Scot said:
    That will be an arse, they will be going on about "does that remind you of", "remember when that dude in FO3"...you will be like "who, where, when"? :)
    Ah, but for them, it will just be a prequel, while for me it will be a  . . . newquel . . .
    Scot
    Scot said:
    Ah, but for them, it will just be a prequel, while for me it will be a  . . . newquel . . .
    I could of course recommend you play the FO games, excellent but a huge time sink. FO76 will live or die on its own merits and if you like big co-op it looks like it could be one to go for.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    As a single player game it will probably do okay, if the multiplayer part of it is the same as it is in Elite Dangerous, as seems likely, then it being an optional form of gameplay that you can drop in and out of might well be a good thing, the fact that it has to be online is not nearly as annoying a factor as i thought it would be, imo it didn't harm Elite Dangerous at all. :)
    Scot said:
    Scot said:
    I could of course recommend you play the FO games, excellent but a huge time sink. FO76 will live or die on its own merits and if you like big co-op it looks like it could be one to go for.
    I rarely find a single player game that can hold my attention, despite feeling they are good games. The ones that do are usually cyberpunk due to my love for the genre.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Didn't much enjoy the video was sort of boring to me.Tons of vague meaningless chatter.

Yeah i know it's a MP,no need to talk about changing the engine from a single player to a MP,this is SUPPOSED to be a NEW game not a new mod.

W.Virginia doesn't really interest me to talk about,just give me a solid looking maps with strategic gameplay.
    Personally i grew up playing Quake and Doom and the Unreal series,i love fps'rs but i am not a fan of the shooter genre in city like atmosphere's,i prefer the Overwatch/Arena design because those types of maps can be MUCH better designed to support good strategic game play.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.