Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official E3 Trailer Arrives from CD Projekt Red - Cyberpunk 2077 Videos - MMORPG.com

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    3dom said:
    How does this clip linked to earlier preview video with an android woman? There is hidden message in the clip at 1:39 https://i.imgur.com/sYWoSV4.png
    That secret message is boss! Especially love the part about Micro-transactions... "In a single player role-playing game? Are you Nuts?"
    There a reason the SSs in that link won't enlarge when I tap on them on my phone?  It does nothing, and they're far too small to read embedded into the mobile page.

edited June 2018
    CDPR is just awesome.  Thanks @Rhoklaw for sharing!
    [Deleted User]Asheram

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Rhoklaw said:
    3dom said:
    How does this clip linked to earlier preview video with an android woman? There is hidden message in the clip at 1:39 https://i.imgur.com/sYWoSV4.png
    That secret message is boss! Especially love the part about Micro-transactions... "In a single player role-playing game? Are you Nuts?"
    There a reason the SSs in that link won't enlarge when I tap on them on my phone?  It does nothing, and they're far too small to read embedded into the mobile page.
    Just for you @MadFrenchie and you're welcome!

It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and... went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine, we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realise you've been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't like anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too :).

But, to the point. Today is the day. If you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilized life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chase and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and... well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for the previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions,

1. When?
    When we told you we would only release the game when it's ready, we meant it. We're definitely much, much closer to a release date than we were back then :), but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it's the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

2. How big?
    Seriously big, but... to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it al together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.

3. Free DLC / Expansions / DRM?
    Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM free on PC.

4. Microtransactions?
    In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion ( about anything with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.

Yours,
    CD PROJEKT RED Team
    I liked one of those so much I made it my sig.
    MrMelGibsonMadFrenchie[Deleted User]Asheram
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    cheyane said:
    I loved all the little details in it. The pregnant woman sauntering down. The robot doing her lashes with half her face not there. The beat down on the street. The futuristic car.

Oh yeah this is looking rightup up my alley.
    Im positive that wasn't a robot.  It was an augmented human.
    [Deleted User]Asheram
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Wizardry said:
    This looks like it will have a lot of the "COOL"going on but i wonder how the game play will be.My gut feels it will simply be a lot of gun pew pew,something i am bored of but the story/backdrop and cool stuff might warrant a play through at least until i get bored of minniguns and pistols.
    Do you even play video games? Other than your precious FF11, I've never seen you speak positively about any video games.  You're like a bitter SW fan that should move on to another hobby.
    Asheram
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    As someone who has been a Shadowrun GM for 20 years, a huge fan of the Cyberpunk genre and a gamer, I don't think I could be anymore hyped than I am right now.

Between Bright, Bright II and this, I'm getting my dreams answered this year.
    MrMelGibson[Deleted User]Asheram
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited June 2018
    Is it just me or does this year's E3 feel like most of these guys dont have much gameplay to show (talking in general, not just CPR). I get there's booths and stuff, but these cinematic trailers are eh...
    edited June 2018
    cheyane said:
    I loved all the little details in it. The pregnant woman sauntering down. The robot doing her lashes with half her face not there. The beat down on the street. The futuristic car.

Yes she is a cyborg. 
    A technological abomination!  Kill it with fire!
    MrMelGibsonAsheram

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    cheyane said:

I think so too.

I love Cyberpunk . . . but I think the random cybernetics I see in games are moronic.
    The original teaser . . . what looks like a  . . . "pleasure bot" . . . with skin like an anvil . . . harder than an anvil, I think futuristic bullets would dent an anvil . . . like rock hard skin would go over well in that role o_O
    cheyane said:

Yes she is a cyborg. 
    A technological abomination!  Kill it with fire!
    And there's the Neo-luddite peanut gallery heard from.
    Hey man, it's not a very popular movement these days.  Somebody had to represent them!
    [Deleted User]

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited June 2018
    Albatroes said:
    Is it just me or does this year's E3 feel like most of these guys dont have much gameplay to show (talking in general, not just CPR). I get there's booths and stuff, but these cinematic trailers are eh...
    I think its how early they present to build hype. Metro Exodus was at last E3 and their trailer had gameplay in it too, even more this time but we get a release date too 2/22/2019
    MrMelGibson
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325

Did they announce the most important detail, the release date?

Yes, 2077.
    WellspringMabushii
  • BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180

DMKano said:

Honestly? I'm kind of underwhelmed and disappointed. I expected a very dark and gritty sci-fi game but it looks very lighthearted and a little cheesy.

I'm sure it's going to be awesome, it just isn't what I was expecting.

My feelings exactly - the original teaser was MUCH MUCH better - this looks way less impressive to me.

Still gonna play it but my hopes are lessened with this one - maybe the gameplay will still be totally kick ass.

the cheese factor was high

Was hoping for more of this:

Your fault you confused Blade Runner with Cyberpunk.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

Honestly? I'm kind of underwhelmed and disappointed. I expected a very dark and gritty sci-fi game but it looks very lighthearted and a little cheesy.

Did you watch the whole thing? There's not anything lighthearted as the trailer progresses.

Oh sure, it's not blade runner but some of those images aren't "nice."
    [Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

DMKano said:

My feelings exactly - the original teaser was MUCH MUCH better - this looks way less impressive to me.

Still gonna play it but my hopes are lessened with this one - maybe the gameplay will still be totally kick ass.

Well, the descriptions of the Cyberpunk world do seem to place it as similar to Blade Runner.

Hearing Mike Pondsmith discuss the IP in a YouTube video, it sounds very similar to the aesthetic we get in Blade Runner.

Even daylight is marred by cloudy, rainy days.  I mean, the central location is called Night City.
    Asheram

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

DMKano said:

Well, the descriptions of the Cyberpunk world do seem to place it as similar to Blade Runner.

Hearing Mike Pondsmith discuss the IP in a YouTube video, it sounds very similar to the aesthetic we get in Blade Runner.

Even daylight is marred by cloudy, rainy days.  I mean, the central location is called Night City.
    So what is Cyberpunk then? Blade Runner seems pretty Cyberpunk to me. 
    Just the same thing as steampunk except 100 years later, don'tchaknow :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited June 2018

DMKano said:

The chicken or the egg isn't relevant to the poster I was responding to.  Either way, the description by one of the creators matches what we see in Blade Runner.

The poster I was responding to seemed to think it was ludicrous for folks to expect a similar aesthetic.  It's not ludicrous; by the very description given by Pondsmith, they are similar aesthetics.  How one would expect them not to be similar seems the better question to me.
    Asheram

DMKano said:

The chicken or the egg isn't relevant to the poster I was responding to.  Either way, the description by one of the creators matches what we see in Blade Runner.

The poster I was responding to seemed to think it was ludicrous for folks to expect a similar aesthetic.  It's not ludicrous; by the very description given by Pondsmith, they are similar aesthetics.  How one would expect them not to be similar seems the better question to me.
    Personally I plan to sleep all day and play the game only at night :)
    AsheramSovrath

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited June 2018
    Iselin said:

DMKano said:

Lol fair enough.  And oddly enough, from the Blade Runner wiki page:

"The dystopian themes explored in Blade Runner are an early example of the expansion of cyberpunkconcepts into cinema"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner

Seems totally legitimate to expect to see the same aesthetic to me.

EDIT- I should make it clear that I'm not implying they SHOULD be similar, only that it definitely is logical to hold that expectation.  As in Fantasy, there's a lot of wiggle room for creativity and originality to be expressed, and I think it's a good thing if they aren't so similar as to constantly elicit comparison.
    Asheram

• vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436

I'm excited. They claim to be happy with their 1stperson melee-combat so that's interesting to me and I don't normally like 1stperson games. The art style is something I really enjoy, I'm sure it will feel gritty during nights, I thought it was pretty gritty for being sunny-daytime.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407

DMKano said:

Just don't listen to people that claim, steampunk and cyberpunk are "totally different things" that have nothing in common! ;)

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

edited June 2018
    Iselin said:

DMKano said:

Lol fair enough.  And oddly enough, from the Blade Runner wiki page:

"The dystopian themes explored in Blade Runner are an early example of the expansion of cyberpunkconcepts into cinema"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner

Seems totally legitimate to expect to see the same aesthetic to me.

EDIT- I should make it clear that I'm not implying they SHOULD be similar, only that it definitely is logical to hold that expectation.  As in Fantasy, there's a lot of wiggle room for creativity and originality to be expressed, and I think it's a good thing if they aren't so similar as to constantly elicit comparison.

“I was afraid to watch Blade Runner in the theater because I was afraid the movie would be better than what I myself had been able to imagine. In a way, I was right to be afraid, because even the first few minutes were better.”

“I met Ridley Scott years later, maybe a decade or more after Blade Runner was released. I told him what Neuromancer was made of, and he had basically the same list of ingredients for Blade Runner.” – William Gibson

https://www.neondystopia.com/what-is-cyberpunk/
    I want a Blade Runner MMO or shared world shooter so badly.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다