Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twitch stream today. all players now will get a Taxed row on completeion of the chapter 1

DracSchniderDracSchnider Member UncommonPosts: 223
Today they announced that they are adding a no trade Taxed Row to all players that complete the first Chapter :) this is exciting news.  Not sure when they are patching it in, but if you have completed the quest you will have to go back to the Oracle to claim.

I will have to watch the complete twitch stream as I missed it, sounds like a lot of great things coming and addressed issues being fixed.  
VladamirBegemot

Comments

• DracSchniderDracSchnider Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Looks like R55 release end of the month it goes in :)
    VladamirBegemot
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    What exactly is a "taxed row?" Some sort of house?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466

Title is misleading.

Complete the quests and you will receive an account locked Player Owned Town row size deed that has a daily tax rate.  It is only usable inside of a player owned town.  Player owned tows are run by whales and they have the power to evict and ban.

Complete the quests and get a free POT row deed.  Now, go find a POT owner that will allow you to place in their town.  The deed is only good for the land so you still need to buy a house and taxes are assessed daily so I hope you like grinding.
    Aragon100AlbatroesKyleranOctagon7711
  • Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    edited June 2018
    I don't understand why developers deliberatly create a house market where the less real life rich player's have to ask the richer player's (that can afford to buy a player town) if he can have a place where he can build his house.

And if you don't behave the way the richer player can accept then he have the right to remove your house.

The ultimate griefing and all you need to become part of executing this kind of griefing is a bank account with enough real life money.

A game that force less real life rich people licking boots of the richer one's should be sent to the history of failed features that by it's own pretty much destroyed the game.

edited June 2018
    Today they announced that they are adding a no trade Taxed Row to all players that complete the first Chapter :) this is exciting news.  Not sure when they are patching it in, but if you have completed the quest you will have to go back to the Oracle to claim.

I will have to watch the complete twitch stream as I missed it, sounds like a lot of great things coming and addressed issues being fixed.  
    Is it acceptable to you that less real life rich player's have to go arround asking the richer one's if they can place this deed in their player owned town? 

Is it acceptable to you that the real life rich one's dictate if you can keep your house or not?

I would never lower myself asking other player's if i can place such a deed. Such a deed should be placeable whereever i want to place it.
    Kyleran
  • VladamirBegemotVladamirBegemot Member UncommonPosts: 100
    There are claimable lots in POT's all over the place. Walk in, plop down your home, you're set.

Chances of getting evicted are about zero unless you're being a jerk to the people around you. POT's want people to live there. 

All this crying about placing POT deeds comes from people who don't even play the game. I literally have people asking me to put a place in their new town every couple of weeks.

You wouldn't want to live in a town with a mad dictator anyway. Unless you do.

And if it's a one in a million occurrence that you do get evicted, everything goes to the bank, you lose nothing.

I can always tell the trolls because they are the ones that will call for something like this, and then when it happens they will find a way to neg on it.

This is a huge boon to new players, and a good call on Portalarium's part.
    Diabhual
    edited June 2018

I can always tell the trolls because they are the ones that will call for something like this, and then when it happens they will find a way to neg on it.

In what way am i a troll?

Answer this question instead for calling people trolls when they have legitimate questions.

Is it acceptable to you that less real life rich player's have to go arround asking the richer one's if they can place this deed in their player owned town? 

All player's should be able to place a house when they see a spot to their liking, not having to ask other for permission.

Game's should be fun and developers deliberatly causing segregation on the housemarket is not what i call fun. Especially since having a house is such a big part of the game.

Post edited by Aragon100 on
    Aragon100 said:

Answer this question instead for calling people trolls when they have legitimate questions.

All player's should be able to place a house when they see a spot to their liking, not having to ask other for permission.

Game's should be fun and developers deliberatly causing segregation on the housemarket is not what i call fun. Especially since having a house is such a big part of the game.

I was generally referring to the fact that there are people who claimed that they wanted deeds to be available for the new players, and now that that's happening they complain about it. It's amazing.

I'll let you refer to your own non-stop aggro posting history to determine if you're trolling or not. Only you can be the judge of your own character.  However if it turns out you are one, don't worry you have guys on your team.

On the topic at hand:

I'll repeat, you can walk into most POT's and find the spot you want and place your lot, no asking required.

I'll repeat, you'd have to be a real jerk to get kicked out of a town, Governors want people.

I'll repeat, Governors ask players to move in all the time, and they post big "Come join my town" posts on the forums.

So in the "The poor must ask the rich to place their deeds" bit, you're basically just making stuff up. 
    Kyleran
    Aragon100 said:

I was generally referring to the fact that there are people who claimed that they wanted deeds to be available for the new players, and now that that's happening they complain about it. It's amazing.

I'll let you refer to your own non-stop aggro posting history to determine if you're trolling or not. Only you can be the judge of your own character.  However if it turns out you are one, don't worry you have guys on your team.

On the topic at hand:

I'll repeat, you can walk into most POT's and find the spot you want and place your lot, no asking required.

I'll repeat, you'd have to be a real jerk to get kicked out of a town, Governors want people.

I'll repeat, Governors ask players to move in all the time, and they post big "Come join my town" posts on the forums.

So in the "The poor must ask the rich to place their deeds" bit, you're basically just making stuff up. 
    People having different opinions on your game then you have dont make them trolls. And sure there are other's that complain about this game and what it stands for. How can it be that so many old pledgers left the game and are now vocal haters of it? 

Ask yourself that.

You on the other hand should have started listening to the community you once had since critics often tell a part of the truth about a game.

Not listening to critics and calling them trolls cause you dont like their opinion wont make your game a more successful one which is pretty obvious when looking at the population.

A feature that give power to owner's of towns to regulate who is welcome or not and who need to be kicked or not is a game that favor people that is real life rich and can afford to buy a town for themself.

You claiming it isnt is laughable at best.

There's a difference between trolls and critics, a big one.

I criticize the game quite often. You'll find one post from yesterday where I tell them that they need to put back in the Tier 2 encounters instead of totally replacing them as they did this release.

But I'm not holding my breath waiting for constructive criticism from a small subset of people. I expected and was proven right, they could even complain about things they asked for.
    Kyleran
    There's a difference between trolls and critics, a big one.

I criticize the game quite often. You'll find one post from yesterday where I tell them that they need to put back in the Tier 2 encounters instead of totally replacing them as they did this release.

But I'm not holding my breath waiting for constructive criticism from a small subset of people. I expected and was proven right, they could even complain about things they asked for.
    And again since you call me a troll i want you to explain in what way i am trolling when i claim the game favor the one's with alot of real life money.

In what way is claiming this trolling and in what way is it not constructive -

"A feature that give power to owner's of towns to regulate who is welcome or not and who need to be kicked or not is a game that favor people that is real life rich and can afford to buy a town for themself."

That you disagree to the above claim dont make it trolling or any less true.

And stop putting words into my mouth - getting a house plot inside someone else area of control is unacceptable. If other's like the idea then good for them.

Why you accuse people for being troll's when you meet negative feedback seem as an act of desperation. 

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    The entire idea of giving players that kind of power for the size of their wallets is bringing socioeconomic stratification of players outside the game into the game itself, though.  I'm not interested in games that allow such real life stratification to be translated to in-game stratification.
    Aragon100

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited June 2018
    Aragon100 said:
    Aragon100 said:

On the topic at hand:

People having different opinions on your game then you have dont make them trolls. And sure there are other's that complain about this game and what it stands for. How can it be that so many old pledgers left the game and are now vocal haters of it? 

Ask yourself that.

You on the other hand should have started listening to the community you once had since critics often tell a part of the truth about a game.

Not listening to critics and calling them trolls cause you dont like their opinion wont make your game a more successful one which is pretty obvious when looking at the population.

A feature that give power to owner's of towns to regulate who is welcome or not and who need to be kicked or not is a game that favor people that is real life rich and can afford to buy a town for themself.

You claiming it isnt is laughable at best.

What makes you posts disingenuous is you blend facts with half truths to promote an agenda to make the game look as bad as possible.  Let's break it down.

Players can buy personal towns for real life cash. Fact! 

Question: Can players acquire towns in other ways? 

Players have to ask owners of POTs permission to place their home there. Half Truth.

Fact: Players are often able to walk into at least some POTs and freely place their home.

POT owners can evict others at will. Fact.

Reality 1: Few are ever likely to do so.
    Reality 2: Many town owners openly advertise for players to join them.
    Reality 3: If the worst happens and a player gets kicked, all of their assets are safely stored away.

Some people in real life are richer than I am, and this game caters to them by letting them own towns and estates. Fact!

Reality 1: This has always been true and well known since the early KSer days, not a policy I agree with, and one reason I wasn't much interested.

Reality 2: This actually has very little impact on the average gamer like myself who very likely would never amass enough in game resources to ever buy my own town. 

Reality 3: Someone is always going to have more advantages than me in any game. It doesn't matter if they out buy me, out play me, out last me, so what does it really matter.

As long as what others do to gain advantage does not severely impact my personal gameplay goals, why would I care?

Some people's envy really gets the better of them at times.  Fact! Even I feel twinges of it at times,  not my better moments but I just beat it back and move on.

Again, your never ending crusade against this game is well known. I don't use the word trolling as I feel it is too often used as you said just to dismiss differing views.

But let's be honest here, you take this to the extreme, no one should hate anything this much, least of all a video game or its creators.

But please carry on, I'm sure you will. FACT!

;)

VladamirBegemotDiabhual

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DiabhualDiabhual Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Also I hear they are cutting taxes in half! Which is a much needed change imo. And yes there are quite a few pot’s that have unassigned lot stones down for anyone to claim. And yes you can be evicted, you don’t lose any items it all goes back to your bank and you would just have to find another pot but given most people I’ve met in this game are extremely chill and cool people I doubt this would happen.
    Aragon100 said:

Is it acceptable to you that the real life rich one's dictate if you can keep your house or not?

I would never lower myself asking other player's if i can place such a deed. Such a deed should be placeable whereever i want to place it.

There are hundreds or Player towns that have open lots to use the deed on this is a non issue.   As well if you are an offline (single player) you can place it anywhere including NPC towns.   

POT's are towns that were sold to those that backed the game when it was first kickstarted.  it was a little expensive but allowed a player to either have an instance they build or have the dev team build it for them.    They will be allowing players once again to buy new towns in the upcoming Chapter 2 expand.  

IMO POT owners are just free devs as each designs their own area for players.  Rather then having the game designers make everything they allow players to buy a slice of the server and run an instance.  Some are even PVP areas with rules etc.   I see nothing wrong with this.  I do think that they should just remove the POT vs place anywhere and make them all the same, however even doing that some will complain then that there is no spots in towns they want to be in.  I think it would be neat also if they ever allowed like UO to just place you house anywhere but with the risks.   A lot of the new games coming are more like that of Shadow bane where your houses can even be destroyed by others which is a neat idea but I prefer the safety of this option :)
    VladamirBegemot
    Diabhual said:
    Also I hear they are cutting taxes in half! Which is a much needed change imo. And yes there are quite a few pot’s that have unassigned lot stones down for anyone to claim. And yes you can be evicted, you don’t lose any items it all goes back to your bank and you would just have to find another pot but given most people I’ve met in this game are extremely chill and cool people I doubt this would happen.

I missed that part, but that is even better news.  On the other note a POT Row deed they are offering as a reward for doing the quest is covered completely by the Oracle which pays out tax amount each day so one could say its practically free :)

VladamirBegemot
    The entire idea of giving players that kind of power for the size of their wallets is bringing socioeconomic stratification of players outside the game into the game itself, though.  I'm not interested in games that allow such real life stratification to be translated to in-game stratification.

Player towns, guild houses, etc... you can find them in many games.  a Town that is governed by a player or dev means nothing.  If a player is not a good gov then nobody will be in that town its pretty simple.   As well the idea that someone with wealth is willing to help build an instance and support the people in it why would someone not want to be in a town where a gov is all about the people?  there are so many towns in the game that support the people and only a few that I think are money grubs.   I have lived in a town where I had to buy a lot, and I have lived in places where they not only asked where I wanted to live but offered to change my surroundings if I needed like trees, street lights etc.   What games out there give you that kind of opportunity to have things the way you want?   Open development is what this is about.

Look at the top upcoming MMO's they allow open house building anywhere but they also allow complete destruction of your work.   would you rather be in a game that your creations get destroyed?  or one that allows you to find that spot you want to live and the support to make your dream place?

The community in SOTA is unlike many.  People are so nice and do anything for people.  Very few are the people that you and other describe.  

the game is bought and paid for my backers and its those backers that are allowing the game to keep evolving and moving forward to a better game each patch.  It was the players that asked for these taxed row deeds because a lot could not afford them.  They got them and now have houses to start with as a gift for completing the story.  

the Gov of towns do not reap any rewards for owning a town short of being able to shape it the way they want it to look, as well how they want to run it.   They done get compensation for the money they put in.  Taxed collected all go to the game not to them.  (although some are asking for them to get a cut)  even if they did get a cut of taxes it would be in the best interest for Gov's to support the people that live in there area and help them to keep them wanting to be there.  

Players always have the choice :)
    VladamirBegemot