Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Breaking: CD Projekt Red Calls Cyberpunk 2077 a 'First-Person RPG' - Cyberpunk 2077 - MMORPG.com

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    At least they aren't calling it a MMO here.

;)
    SBFordIselinNildenXarko[Deleted User]Wellspring[Deleted User]LackingMMOTacticalZombeh

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited June 2018
    I'm with Suzie on this. This honestly could've been optional. People are talking about Deus Ex but even so there were things that were still third person in the game like cover and stuff. You'd think these guys wouldnt scare off a good chunk of their potential revenue, especially given how the community hyped the game without even knowing much about it in the first place.
    SBFordalkarionlog[Deleted User]
  • LililuneLililune Member UncommonPosts: 81
    I don't like first person view RPG...
    Bad news for me but I'm sure a lot of people are going to enjoy it ^^
    SBFordRobsolf
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Albatroes said:
    I'm with Suzie on this. This honestly could've been optional. People are talking about Deus Ex but even so there were things that were still third person in the game like cover and stuff. You'd think these guys wouldnt scare off a good chunk of their potential revenue, especially given how the community hyped the game without even knowing much about it in the first place.
    They're talking about the first Deus Ex.

Image result for deus ex

azarhal
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I've played enough TES and Fallout games to be perfectly comfortable with first person RPGs when done well. First person is a new thing for CDPR so let's see how well they pull it off.
    MadFrenchieLackingMMO
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Good to read so many good comments,pretty much everyone is correct.

I am certain they are going first person as mentioned to cut down on a lot of optimization and costs.
    As well it is also way more immersive and imo realistic than a 3rd person camera in the sky.
    Now my other opinion and one i have mentioned in the past with shooter type games and pvp.
    A 3rd person view allows cheating,able to see around corners and stuff.Now if there is a FOV setting,players will still be able to cheat a bit.
    So WHY the first person?Perhaps everyone is correct.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    R.I.P. my hype.

Yet another game goes into the list "skip all news about it".
    BananaSoup

Thank you for your time!

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    That reminds me does Fallout 76 have third person view ?

kitarad said:
    Probably since all of them have had the option before. Oddly though, their first person view works better than their 3rd person which is exactly the opposite of most other games that have the option. Same for all TES games except for ESO where 3rd person is better, IMO. 
    SBFordkitaradazarhal
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    serious? people are raging about first person now? when eso only had 3rd person they wnated 1st, now company make the game and put 1st person out people complayin too?, kinda a useless complain, also you guys forget its will have guns too so, more then likely it will work like deus ex
    LackingMMO
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    I love that you can buy property in the game...and steal cars lol 
    I love that the ultimate bad guys are the corporations just like in RL :)
    BananaSoup

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    serious? people are raging about first person now? when eso only had 3rd person they wnated 1st, now company make the game and put 1st person out people complayin too?, kinda a useless complain, also you guys forget its will have guns too so, more then likely it will work like deus ex
    Kind of a difference in fandom there. People who were looking forward to ESO at launch were in-bulk also fans of previous Elder Scrolls titles which were first person RPGs. To change Elder Scrolls, even as an MMO from one style of game to another was very "wrong" for the fans. This is the same reason there was so much uproar when they also found out that it was a tab-target game at the same time they discovered it was third person.

Cyberpunk 2077 is sort of seeing this same thing from the opposing direction. Fans of CD Prijekt Red know them for the Witcher series which is itself a third person RPG series, and a first person title is a shift for those who are fans of their previous title's designs.

So it's ultimately different pockets of fans responding to the changes in a standard they are accustomed to/comfortable with and have come to expect from their respective sources.
    [Deleted User]
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I haven't seen anyone raging here, just disappointed. Don't blow it out of proportion.
    LimnicMadFrenchie

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    edited June 2018
    Good news for me. I can take a break from rolling on the ground half of the game.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    I get nausea and headaches in first person and I have tried adjusting FOV and even in the most generous settings the best I can play is 20 minutes and I was not raging.
    SBFordbartoni33sunflameBananaSoup

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited June 2018
    I'm quite happy it's first person. We don't have enough big first person RPG's and with it being a shooter it'll suit it.

Iselin said:

kitarad said:

Probably since all of them have had the option before. Oddly though, their first person view works better than their 3rd person which is exactly the opposite of most other games that have the option. Same for all TES games except for ESO where 3rd person is better, IMO. 

Latest trailer shows 3rd person view. (<-- this relates to Fallout 76)
    kitaradKyleranBananaSoup
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    kitarad said:
    I get nausea and headaches in first person and I have tried adjusting FOV and even in the most generous settings the best I can play is 20 minutes and I was not raging.
    It's not uncommon. Sucks for you though.
    Kyleran

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    I have no problem with FP games here.
    --------------------------------------------
  • AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    At this point I'm just happy that they've said it's a single player, story-driven RPG with no microtransactions... they feel so rare nowadays. Plus STEAMPUNK!!! Haven't played a good one of those in forever.
    Asm0deus
    Gisrie said:
    At this point I'm just happy that they've said it's a single player, story-driven RPG with no microtransactions... they feel so rare nowadays. Plus STEAMPUNK!!! Haven't played a good one of those in forever.
    Ummm... not steampunkk, cyberpunk, which is a totally different thing.
    SBFord

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• Sleazy_HarrySleazy_Harry Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Sounds like the game I told them I'd like to see. I'm looking for a Multiplayer RPG game that plays like GTA or APB with a cyberpunk genre. Customizable like APB for avatar, vehicles and apartment space similar to Omikron. I have high expectations for this title and they've assured me that there will be vehicles and good things to come. Tho I have my doubts as to how good it will turn out, I definitely have both fingers crossed.
    Iselin said:
    Gisrie said:
    Ummm... not steampunkk, cyberpunk, which is a totally different thing.
    Steampunk is essentially Victorian Cyberpunk so I can understand the mistake.
    OK. You made that up by lifting one of your cheeks off your chair, right? :)

Steampunk is all about using old mechanical contraptions to achieve scifi creations usually in incongruous time periods. The Clockwork City in ESO is an example as is Bioshock, Dishonored and even Fallout a bit.

Cyberpunk is a scifi sub-genre characterized by dark gritty futuristic worlds with science we haven't seen yet mixed with a heavy dose of detective fiction Noir.

Two totally different things.
    Mendel

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143
    If the game has a lot of text and fine detail then a closer in perspective will be perfect. I wanna see all the cool cyborg arms, advertisements and guns up close and personal.