Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get "For Honor" for free!

MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
If you log into Uplay right now you can claim a free copy of the game.  

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-327176/get-for-honor-starter-edition-free-on-uplay-console-versions-on-sale-during-e3

You have till the 16th.  After that it's $15 I believe.
Octagon7711GorweAsheramYashaXd_20dreamsfadeNazloklesstechblogger911

Comments

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Not really my kind of game, but free is free, and I don't care if this gift horse has bad breath.
    MrMelGibsonOctagon7711
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    H0urg1ass said:
    Not really my kind of game, but free is free, and I don't care if this gift horse has bad breath.
    Ya, I never had a huge urge to play this.  But I will for free lol.
    H0urg1ass
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Also the open beta for The Crew 2 is available.

There are three additional betas available to sign up for.  Dates are unknown.  The Division 2 beta says for 'a chance to play'.  The other two don't say.

The Division 2 beta
    Skull & Bones beta
    Trials Rising beta
    MrMelGibsonwingoodKyleran
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Wow, thanks for the heads up, bud. Always wanted to give this a try but like others have said, didn't seem like my type of thing. Free, I can try it out and if it isn't, no biggie. There are SOOOO many other games to choose from, so sadly, this one was low on the list.

That said:

I am hyped for Anthem, Forsaken, Division 2, Red Dead, Pantheon, Elder Scrolls 6, Dragon Quest XI, BFV, Skull and Bones.....it's going to be an expensive few years.....
    MrMelGibson
    Wow, thanks for the heads up, bud. Always wanted to give this a try but like others have said, didn't seem like my type of thing. Free, I can try it out and if it isn't, no biggie. There are SOOOO many other games to choose from, so sadly, this one was low on the list.

That said:

I am hyped for Anthem, Forsaken, Division 2, Red Dead, Pantheon, Elder Scrolls 6, Dragon Quest XI, BFV, Skull and Bones.....it's going to be an expensive few years.....
    You got it.  A few members of this site were nice enough to do the same for me in the past.  So I just want to pay it forward to my fellow gamers :smile:
    Gorwe said:
    You've gotta be kidding me! Just when I purchased Gold Edition some fortnight ago...
     That really sucks my friend.  I almost bought it on a sale a few weeks ago.  Glad I held out.
    Gorwe
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:
    You've gotta be kidding me! Just when I purchased Gold Edition some fortnight ago...
     That really sucks my friend.  I almost bought it on a sale a few weeks ago.  Glad I held out.
    Yeah, it's only like 15$, but still...DAMN! >•<
    I'd be a bit frustrated as well.  But I guess it's not as bad as if you paid $60 original price.  If you haven't played it, maybe you can refund it and get it for free?  Not sure what refund policy Uplay has tbh.
    Gorwe
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:
    Yeah, it's only like 15$, but still...DAMN! >•<
    I'd be a bit frustrated as well.  But I guess it's not as bad as if you paid $60 original price.  If you haven't played it, maybe you can refund it and get it for free?  Not sure what refund policy Uplay has tbh.
    Nah, not needed tbh. It's not like there's anything I want to buy for 15$ as is.
    Fair enough.
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    edited June 2018
    Just found out that if you had a Steam version during the free period that you can't resume it. I tried adding this to my uplay account and had to install For Honor again and all my progression from Steam was lost/not there, which kinda sucks really but oh well..

Grunty said:

There are three additional betas available to sign up for.  Dates are unknown.  The Division 2 beta says for 'a chance to play'.  The other two don't say.

The Division 2 beta
    Skull & Bones beta
    Trials Rising beta
    Actually The Crew 2 is not available, it's 21st-25th of June
    MrMelGibson

imageimage

TaishiFox said:
    Just found out that if you had a Steam version during the free period that you can't resume it. I tried adding this to my uplay account and had to install For Honor again and all my progression from Steam was lost/not there, which kinda sucks really but oh well..

Grunty said:

The Division 2 beta
    Skull & Bones beta
    Trials Rising beta
    Actually The Crew 2 is not available, it's 21st-25th of June
    Good to know. Thanks for the heads up
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Thanks for the heads up on free. I wonder how many LuBu's and GuanYu's there are going to be now that china is incoming.

MrMelGibsonGorwe
    Asheram said:
    Thanks for the heads up on free. I wonder how many LuBu's and GuanYu's there are going to be now that china is incoming.

Good question lol.  I haven't played it yet so I honestly have no idea if any specific faction and/or class is more OP than the others.  Are the factions just mirrored besides aesthetics? Or are they all different?  If it's the latter, I wonder if the Chinese will be the new FOTM when they release.
    Asheram
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    I wonder if they have fixed their server system? I was really looking forward to the game when it released, but experienced constant disconnects (disconnects every 4vs4 game) in the beta/trial so I ended up not buying it. 
  • NazloklessNazlokless Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Thanks for this...free is good, and a great way to get people to buy into the new expansion.
    GorweMrMelGibson
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    8 million have played this according to UPlay, 1st I've heard of it.

I need to get out more.

:)
    MrMelGibsonAsheram

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Yay! Free anything free grab with both hands even if I do not end up playing it but it's FREEEEE!

Thanks for the heads up.
    MrMelGibsonAsheram

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    Nyctelios said:
    @Caffynated would you mind explaining the wtf please?
    Because your description bears little resemblance to the game you're discussing, and no one who has played it would describe it the way you do.

Hence "WTF" are you even talking about?
  • techblogger911techblogger911 Member CommonPosts: 18
    I copped it before 16th, forgot to thank OP for it. Thanks OP +1
    MrMelGibson