Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bethesda Announces Elder Scrolls VI

Comments

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Blades is the mobile game. ES6 is not Blades.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Sovrath said:
    Iselin said:
    Sovrath said:
    Wait is this real!!!?!????!??!?!?!

They showed a 10 second clip of a distant fly over an area that some seem to think is Hammerfell. That was it and it was done just to show that there is one in the pipeline.

Ok, I'm confus-ed.

Is Elder Scrolls 6 the mobile game or is that something else (Blades).

Please say that's something else.
    Blades is a totally different thing mostly for mobile and will be out this year. TES6 was just a teaser and is along, long way off. They basically just showed that to confirm that the single player franchise has not been abandoned.

As to where it takes place that could literally be any of 1000 places although some seem to be married to the idea that the water on the right is Iliac Bay hence the Hammerfell speculation. For all we know that could just as easily be the other continent, Akivir, that we have never seen.
    JamesGoblin
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TintagilTintagil Member UncommonPosts: 214
    I know it's a long ways off, but seeing that TES6 going to happen makes my day. Some of my favorite gaming experiences have come from TES series :) 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    edited June 2018
    Iselin said:
    Sovrath said:
    Iselin said:
    Sovrath said:

They showed a 10 second clip of a distant fly over an area that some seem to think is Hammerfell. That was it and it was done just to show that there is one in the pipeline.

Ok, I'm confus-ed.

Is Elder Scrolls 6 the mobile game or is that something else (Blades).

Please say that's something else.
    Blades is a totally different thing mostly for mobile and will be out this year. TES6 was just a teaser and is along, long way off. They basically just showed that to confirm that the single player franchise has not been abandoned.

As to where it takes place that could literally be any of 1000 places although some seem to be married to the idea that the water on the right is Iliac Bay hence the Hammerfell speculation. For all we know that could just as easily be the other continent, Akivir, that we have never seen.
    Thank you!

As far as where it takes place, it could take place in my backyard for all I care!

(hmmm, well, I live in a city so my back yard is a parking lot)

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    @Sovrath

You better finish in your Skyrim mod before it becomes obsolete. 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
    edited June 2018
    immodium said:
    Blades is the mobile game. ES6 is not Blades.
    Yes. Blades will definitely be aimed at mobile but it's worth noting that it's multi-platform and will also be available natively on PC.

Edit... forgot the most important part: all the platforms work with each other. As Tod said, you can be playing on a state of the art VR set-up against someone on an Android phone.
    immodium
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    edited June 2018
    @Sovrath

You better finish in your Skyrim mod before it becomes obsolete. 
    bah! I'm still waiting for the recorded dialogue from this woman.

And once I have that it's done!

hmmm I think I need to call her and give her a very close deadline!
    Wellspring
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

As a totally off topic aside, if you watched the whole presentation (I did) you would have noticed what a remarkable contrast there was in the stage presence of different Zenimax division heads and project developers.

Matt Firor for example seemed really awkward and nervous and barely sold what he tried to sell. And that was par for most of the others. 

Tod Howard OTOH, really oozes charisma and confidence, is 100% comfortable on stage and really sells his message without any obvious effort on his part. He's like the Steve Jobs of Zenimax.
    immodiumAsheram

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited June 2018
    They've really expanding on this game.  I just read they have a Skyrim Amazon Alexa skill.  You load it and Alexa acts like a Dungeon Master and walks you through an adventure.  I'll have to try it out.  I tried another AA voiced adventure skill and it wasn't bad.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited June 2018
    Iselin said:
    Sovrath said:

Over an area at some point in time as well; continents shift, mountains rise, valleys and basins form.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I don't know where to laugh or cry at the fact that Bethesda knows they re-released skyrim like a billion times to the point that its joke:

They've really expanding on this game.  I just read they have a Skyrim Amazon Alexa skill.  You load it and Alexa acts like a Dungeon Master and walks you through an adventure.  I'll have to try it out.  I tried another AA voiced adventure skill and it wasn't bad.
    You do know that was joke right?

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    They didn’t announce shit...they posted some vague video that actually looks like the Skyrim landscape telling us that, someday, there will be an Elder Scrolls 6.

Todd Howard even said that it’s not even in production yet. So basically. It was a video telling that water is wet.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Iselin said:
    I just setup the skill on my alexa. Told her to open skyrim and away it goes. 

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

Sephros said:
    Iselin said:
    I just setup the skill on my alexa. Told her to open skyrim and away it goes. 
    But have you installed the Motorola pager version?

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455
    spankybus said:
    They didn’t announce shit...they posted some vague video that actually looks like the Skyrim landscape telling us that, someday, there will be an Elder Scrolls 6.

Todd Howard even said that it’s not even in production yet. So basically. It was a video telling that water is wet.
    I noticed that this year. A LOT of the "teasers" were literally a still picture and the name.....

Lazy.

Luckily, the games I was really hyped about saw actual gameplay (for the most part....Skull and Bones had just another cutscene). Super hyped for Anthem and Division 2 now. 8 man raids, free DLC.......yes please.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    DMKano said:
    six... 

I can see my grandkids playing Skyrim 14

At which point does the numbering get ridiculous?

Dunno, we are on Final Fantasy 15 and all seems fine. Afterall, age is just a number ;)
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    I wish Bethesda continued following the model of announcing all their games less than a year before release. 
    GilcroixOctagon7711Gorwe
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    It will be another six years afterward for people to make an extender and add new animations.  Still, the main game should be fun.  I enjoyed Skyrim's vanilla campaign, but I prefer adding in custom models, textures, clothes, etc. as I don't find the originals very appealing.  Obsidian had really great looking models IMO compared to Morrowind and Elder Scrolls, but I still enjoy the gameplay of Skyrim a bit more than the other two.  I hope they make the non-combat skills a lot more viable.  Thieving skills seemed pointless in the first game aside from sneak.  The only things that made a difference were combat skills and some magic combat skills.  Magic also needs a revamp because the damage was left far behind what you could craft in terms of weapons and armor.  That is one reason I don't like crafting in these games.  It is much too powerful and makes you feel required to use it.  I don't really enjoy crafting that much.  I just want to adventure.
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    thunderC said:
    Is it fair to say the Elder Scrolls is the greatest gaming series of all time ? I'd say yes, Id even go as far to say Skyrim is the best single player game of all time.
    I would go with the Witcher, Mass Effect, or Uncharted myself.  I like the stories and cinematics in those games.  In terms of sheer ability to craft your character and mod the game the way you want it to be The Elder Scrolls is the best.
    Flyte27 said:
    thunderC said:
    Is it fair to say the Elder Scrolls is the greatest gaming series of all time ? I'd say yes, Id even go as far to say Skyrim is the best single player game of all time.
    I would go with the Witcher, Mass Effect, or Uncharted myself.  I like the stories and cinematics in those games.  In terms of sheer ability to craft your character and mod the game the way you want it to be The Elder Scrolls is the best.
    I agree about the Witcher 3.

When I played the original Witcher I thought of it as a lesser and clunkier TES-like game. The W2  world was still full of inaccessible areas... too guided like the pre-Andromeda MEs.

But they knocked it out of the park with W3. Better world, more compelling and mature stories (the Bloody Baron story arc, for example,) better NPC crowds and no comparison graphics wise. Best ever, IMO.  

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Once they sort out another two or three GAAS they will be able to really start making it I guess.